Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:43 am
I still think you are deceiving yourself if you live in a tourist town such as Telluride and believe the official line that no on there has died of COVID. You should apply some of this radical skepticism to your own town bosses, who have every motivation to claim that whether it's true or not.

I would bet up to fifty bucks that careful research will show you are wrong, and that people from your tiny hospital-less county get declared dead elsewhere.



I’m likely deceiving myself and that surely I’m wrong. Ok man. Good post.

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6590
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by tinnitus photography »

2020, the year most people didn't have sunlight touch their being.

:lol:

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:32 pm


Got it, mcnurtty was still right
I bet McMurtry got vaccinated tho

I bet you’d have said that about Lebron too.
And why is the media confused about this you reckon?

John A Arkansawyer
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Little Rock, Arkansaw
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:22 am
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:43 am
I still think you are deceiving yourself if you live in a tourist town such as Telluride and believe the official line that no on there has died of COVID. You should apply some of this radical skepticism to your own town bosses, who have every motivation to claim that whether it's true or not.

I would bet up to fifty bucks that careful research will show you are wrong, and that people from your tiny hospital-less county get declared dead elsewhere.

I’m likely deceiving myself and that surely I’m wrong. Ok man. Good post.
You seem to be confused by the difference between "willing to bet money I'm wrong" and "surely I'm wrong".

And what you haven't noticed is that this is a question you personally can investigate. I've given a logical reason why you could be wrong, and an example (noted scumbag Andrew Cuomo, leader of the #whome? movement) of someone practicing exactly that form of deception. If you are so goddam skeptical of everything else--which is not a bad quality to have, and which I share on some subjects--then take it from me that you need to be even more skeptical of yourself, especially the more out of touch with consensus reality you get. You might still be right. It's just the odds are against you.

So here's a chance to find out whether or not your idea which doesn't match up with The World As We Know It might be wrong. You aren't stupid; you couldn't bluster and obfuscate this well if you didn't have a pretty good brain to work with. Why not put it to better use?

And since my Sacred Chinese Restaurant Placemat Sign is EAT (or PIG--I forget), I will, unlike the more vulpine signs, pay you up to fifty bucks if wrong.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 am
2020, the year most people didn't have sunlight touch their being.

:lol:
It’s funny because you were likely programmed indoors. So you could stare your algorithm laptop and get scrubbed some more.

Not me. I got more than sun than ever. I know that isn’t as cool as signaling that I masked or vaxxed.
Also know this, getting sunlight directly to your balls helps maintain testosterone levels. How’s that for science mother fuckers.

Yes I spend more time with sun on my nuts than I do mask on my face. Do you know a goddamn thing about freedom? I’ll post some photos in the outdoor thread.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:45 am
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:22 am
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:43 am
I still think you are deceiving yourself if you live in a tourist town such as Telluride and believe the official line that no on there has died of COVID. You should apply some of this radical skepticism to your own town bosses, who have every motivation to claim that whether it's true or not.

I would bet up to fifty bucks that careful research will show you are wrong, and that people from your tiny hospital-less county get declared dead elsewhere.

I’m likely deceiving myself and that surely I’m wrong. Ok man. Good post.
You seem to be confused by the difference between "willing to bet money I'm wrong" and "surely I'm wrong".

And what you haven't noticed is that this is a question you personally can investigate. I've given a logical reason why you could be wrong, and an example (noted scumbag Andrew Cuomo, leader of the #whome? movement) of someone practicing exactly that form of deception. If you are so goddam skeptical of everything else--which is not a bad quality to have, and which I share on some subjects--then take it from me that you need to be even more skeptical of yourself, especially the more out of touch with consensus reality you get. You might still be right. It's just the odds are against you.

So here's a chance to find out whether or not your idea which doesn't match up with The World As We Know It might be wrong. You aren't stupid; you couldn't bluster and obfuscate this well if you didn't have a pretty good brain to work with. Why not put it to better use?

And since my Sacred Chinese Restaurant Placemat Sign is EAT (or PIG--I forget), I will, unlike the more vulpine signs, pay you up to fifty bucks if wrong.


I’ve donated over 2 thousand pounds of non gmo pork that I raised on pasture myself to the food bank in the last 4 years alone. That good enough for you or do you?

“Don’t you have anything better to do”
Is the laziest of takes

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:38 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:32 pm




Got it, mcnurtty was still right
I bet McMurtry got vaccinated tho

I bet you’d have said that about Lebron too.
And why is the media confused about this you reckon?
I had to look up the LeBron thing, but okay?

I didn’t invoke LeBron to support my argument. Nor did LeBron, to my knowledge, write a pro-lockdown ORANGE MAN BAD screed.

https://www.jamesmcmurtry.com/covid-19.html
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:34 am
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:38 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:37 pm


I bet McMurtry got vaccinated tho

I bet you’d have said that about Lebron too.
And why is the media confused about this you reckon?
I had to look up the LeBron thing, but okay?

I didn’t invoke LeBron to support my argument. Nor did LeBron, to my knowledge, write a pro-lockdown ORANGE MAN BAD screed.

https://www.jamesmcmurtry.com/covid-19.html


Read it when he wrote it. Don’t agree with McMurtry on quite a few things.

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6590
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 am
tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 am
2020, the year most people didn't have sunlight touch their being.

:lol:
It’s funny because you were likely programmed indoors. So you could stare your algorithm laptop and get scrubbed some more.

Not me. I got more than sun than ever. I know that isn’t as cool as signaling that I masked or vaxxed.
Also know this, getting sunlight directly to your balls helps maintain testosterone levels. How’s that for science mother fuckers.

Yes I spend more time with sun on my nuts than I do mask on my face. Do you know a goddamn thing about freedom? I’ll post some photos in the outdoor thread.
:lol:

once again, your ignorance of me and how i live my life is staggering, but pls continue to project. (also, no one wants to see your balls, tarzan)

Image

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Nice dude. I never claimed to know anything about your life. You talking about me mentioning how you live in your moms basement and never come out? I’m glad to be wrong.
This shit wouldn’t happen in person as intent and context wouldn’t get so lost.
It’s why I don’t get why you get personal with me. Calling names etc. I’m trying to have a good time with it. Just seems unnecessary and counterproductive.

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6590
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 am
Nice dude. I never claimed to know anything about your life. You talking about me mentioning how you live in your moms basement and never come out? I’m glad to be wrong.
This shit wouldn’t happen in person as intent and context wouldn’t get so lost.
It’s why I don’t get why you get personal with me. Calling names etc. I’m trying to have a good time with it. Just seems unnecessary and counterproductive.
getting personal with you? do you even read your own posts?
It’s funny because you were likely programmed indoors. So you could stare your algorithm laptop and get scrubbed some more.

afaik, the only time i inferred anything about you or how you live was calling you kinda dumb, and that was derived from reading your posts and how you try to make and defend your statements. maybe that inference was uncalled for, but i haven't been swayed by evidence to the contrary.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfaa.c ... 622f40fc76


I couldn’t find how many people are fully vaxxed in Texas. And they aren’t requiring vaccines to attend this games. Masks required. Yet I doubt much of the Texas crowd will abide. We shall see tomorrow night.
Is this a super spreader event?
Are these people not informed?
Would events like this not help accelerate us towards herd immunity?
It seems like people are getting on back out there with or without the vaccine.
So again, how much good does it do to look down on those who won’t comply?
Many are not going to. That’s the reality.
So the question is then what? No one seems to be willing to delve into that.
It takes longer for herd immunity? Ok?
It’s gonna happen. Are “they” even gonna be honest about it when it does? No they’ve already moved the goalpost on what it means like they’ve done with everything in this entire situation.

So when it happens, then what? Then can we allow people to take these masks off inside? Somehow I doubt it.
Then can we turn a lens towards educating people on who got hit hard by COVID and who didn’t and try getting to the bottom of why?
I doubt it.
It’ll just be on to the next thing that your supposed to be scared about like probably the climate. And so just like with your eating choices or what you drive, city folk are able to separate themselves from their choices, forever.
Folks are already switching to electric cars and eating vegetarian without a fucking clue of the footprint left behind from choices like that.
Because they aren’t connected to them at all.
And what’s worse is them thinking it’s because they are so mindful and informed to the point shaming others for not agreeing. Very trendy and familiar at this point.
Skirting accountability is enabling.
Staring truth in the faces and dealing with it is empowering. And y’all keep saying if we did it your way it would happen quicker. Maybe but it’s enabling.
I’m trying to empower my kids flea and zip so they can learn to think for themselves. There is struggle in the meantime that has to be allowable, otherwise you’re a perpetual enabler.
That’s not what the people need.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 am
Nice dude. I never claimed to know anything about your life. You talking about me mentioning how you live in your moms basement and never come out? I’m glad to be wrong.
This shit wouldn’t happen in person as intent and context wouldn’t get so lost.
It’s why I don’t get why you get personal with me. Calling names etc. I’m trying to have a good time with it. Just seems unnecessary and counterproductive.
getting personal with you? do you even read your own posts?
It’s funny because you were likely programmed indoors. So you could stare your algorithm laptop and get scrubbed some more.

afaik, the only time i inferred anything about you or how you live was calling you kinda dumb, and that was derived from reading your posts and how you try to make and defend your statements. maybe that inference was uncalled for, but i haven't been swayed by evidence to the contrary.



Points well taken.
Dude I try to defend my statements because people ask me to clarify and I’m happy to.
I’m just letting thoughts fly because I’m not afraid, That doesn’t mean I’m trying to pick fights or be personal. The opposite.
I find this place very interesting I appreciate being here.
I’m usually willing to admit when I’m wrong.
I also try to avoid having the attitude that my perspective is the correct one and if you don’t agree then you’re stupid. And I don’t intend to come across that way either.
Again, it’s a forum.

John A Arkansawyer
Posts: 7617
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Little Rock, Arkansaw
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:03 am
“Don’t you have anything better to do”
Again, you've confused "Why don't you improve yourself" with “Don’t you have anything better to do".
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:03 am
Is the laziest of takes
The very idea of "takes" is the laziest of takes.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm

I couldn’t find how many people are fully vaxxed in Texas.
35% fully vaccinated. 40% is nat'l average. Probably higher in urban areas, it stands to reason.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Is this a super spreader event?
Maybe! The fact that a decent chunk of the crowd probably is vaccinated makes it less of a superspreader even than it would have been 6 months ago, but you'd be hard-pressed and frankly dishonest to argue that this isn't riskier than what the Knicks did.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Are these people not informed?
Who knows. Not for me to speculate.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Would events like this not help accelerate us towards herd immunity?
Maybe. Herd immunity achieved via natural infection carries the negative side effects of illness, long-haul symptoms, and preventable deaths. Vaccines get us there faster and less painfully.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So again, how much good does it do to look down on those who won’t comply?...Then can we turn a lens towards educating people on who got hit hard by COVID and who didn’t and try getting to the bottom of why?
Did some selective editing here. How much good does it do to look down on those who got sick or lost loved ones to a virus through no fault of their own? Reigning NL MVP Freddie Freeman got COVID and thought he might die. I'd wager he's in better shape than either of us.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So the question is then what? No one seems to be willing to delve into that.
It takes longer for herd immunity? Ok?
It’s gonna happen. Are “they” even gonna be honest about it when it does? No they’ve already moved the goalpost on what it means like they’ve done with everything in this entire situation.
It's not necessarily "gonna happen." You can call it "moving the goalposts" or you can call it "adjusting course in response to new, better, and more complete information." Did doctors move the goalposts when they stopped using leeches?

I would argue bringing up Vitamin D and compost when the question is "why will you not do a simple, relatively painless thing to prevent the spread of a deadly illness?" is moving the goalposts.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So when it happens, then what? Then can we allow people to take these masks off inside? Somehow I doubt it.
Yes. The CDC already said vaccinated people can go maskless indoors. Did you somehow miss that? It was BIG news.

The vegetarian/hybrid car stuff...not gonna go there. I eat a mostly meatless diet. Fish sometimes. Most of what I've seen on the subject suggests meat is significantly more resource-intensive in terms of water, land, etc. compared with plants, but happy to read other sources. I'm not really an environmental vegetarian anyway...more someone who has seen animals be butchered and found it upsetting and doesn't want to be part of it. No judgments on those who make different dietary choices, however. It's just not for me.

When you come back with other reading lists, your logic would compel me to point out that you appear to have a financial interest in the maintenance of the pork industry and disbelieve everything you say, but I won't do that. I will read and respond on the merits of information presented.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

This, from the NYT article I posted above, felt worth calling out directly.
Skepticism about the vaccines among many Americans and lack of access in some groups — homeless populations, migrant workers or some communities of color — make it a challenge to achieve that goal. Vaccine mandates would only make that stance worse, some experts believe.

A better approach would be for a trusted figure to address the root cause of the hesitancy — fear, mistrust, misconceptions, ease of access or a desire for more information, said Mary Politi, an expert in health decision making and health communication at Washington University in St. Louis.
I'm not saying any of us here are "trusted figures," which is why I asked initially about your physician. It's also why I've tried to get to the root cause of the hesitancy, but you are not willing to answer that question, beyond "I have no desire to."

So unless and until you are willing to provide more insight into the root cause of your hesitancy (and it is that, whether you want to label it as such or not), this is going to continue to go nowhere. Maybe you haven't given your hesitancy that much thought. Maybe you can't articulate the reason behind that hesitancy and so choose not to try. (I swear I'm not psychoanalyzing you here, or casting judgment. Human motivation and behavior are an endlessly complex and tangled web of thoughts, emotions, etc.) Maybe it's just none of my business, in which case tell me that and we'll shake hands and walk away.

If you were opposed because the J&J vaccine derives in some small part from a stem cell line that anti-abortion people object to, I would understand the motivation. If you were not yet convinced that the vaccines are safe in the long-term and are waiting for more and better data, I would understand the motivation. But you say you don't dispute vaccines are safe and effective. You got a little bit offended when I suggested that it's a defiant stance against authority ("fake tough guy," in your words, though I didn't say that or intend to imply it).

I've done some work with youth who have intensive trauma backgrounds. One of the key takeaways ("trauma-informed care") that I try to apply to all parts of my life is that behavior that appears irrational to me is probably rational to someone else, given their background, experience, and brain chemistry.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:59 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:34 am
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:38 am



I bet you’d have said that about Lebron too.
And why is the media confused about this you reckon?
I had to look up the LeBron thing, but okay?

I didn’t invoke LeBron to support my argument. Nor did LeBron, to my knowledge, write a pro-lockdown ORANGE MAN BAD screed.

https://www.jamesmcmurtry.com/covid-19.html


Read it when he wrote it. Don’t agree with McMurtry on quite a few things.
I read it when he wrote it too. Big fan of his. I disagree with him insofar as this framing aids even mildly in the rehabilitation of the image of George W. Bush, whose hands are covered in the blood of untold hundreds of thousands of people.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm

I couldn’t find how many people are fully vaxxed in Texas.
35% fully vaccinated. 40% is nat'l average. Probably higher in urban areas, it stands to reason.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Is this a super spreader event?
Maybe! The fact that a decent chunk of the crowd probably is vaccinated makes it less of a superspreader even than it would have been 6 months ago, but you'd be hard-pressed and frankly dishonest to argue that this isn't riskier than what the Knicks did.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Are these people not informed?
Who knows. Not for me to speculate.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Would events like this not help accelerate us towards herd immunity?
Maybe. Herd immunity achieved via natural infection carries the negative side effects of illness, long-haul symptoms, and preventable deaths. Vaccines get us there faster and less painfully.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So again, how much good does it do to look down on those who won’t comply?...Then can we turn a lens towards educating people on who got hit hard by COVID and who didn’t and try getting to the bottom of why?
Did some selective editing here. How much good does it do to look down on those who got sick or lost loved ones to a virus through no fault of their own? Reigning NL MVP Freddie Freeman got COVID and thought he might die. I'd wager he's in better shape than either of us.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So the question is then what? No one seems to be willing to delve into that.
It takes longer for herd immunity? Ok?
It’s gonna happen. Are “they” even gonna be honest about it when it does? No they’ve already moved the goalpost on what it means like they’ve done with everything in this entire situation.
It's not necessarily "gonna happen." You can call it "moving the goalposts" or you can call it "adjusting course in response to new, better, and more complete information." Did doctors move the goalposts when they stopped using leeches?

I would argue bringing up Vitamin D and compost when the question is "why will you not do a simple, relatively painless thing to prevent the spread of a deadly illness?" is moving the goalposts.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So when it happens, then what? Then can we allow people to take these masks off inside? Somehow I doubt it.
Yes. The CDC already said vaccinated people can go maskless indoors. Did you somehow miss that? It was BIG news.

The vegetarian/hybrid car stuff...not gonna go there. I eat a mostly meatless diet. Fish sometimes. Most of what I've seen on the subject suggests meat is significantly more resource-intensive in terms of water, land, etc. compared with plants, but happy to read other sources. I'm not really an environmental vegetarian anyway...more someone who has seen animals be butchered and found it upsetting and doesn't want to be part of it. No judgments on those who make different dietary choices, however. It's just not for me.

When you come back with other reading lists, your logic would compel me to point out that you appear to have a financial interest in the maintenance of the pork industry and disbelieve everything you say, but I won't do that. I will read and respond on the merits of information presented.


How do I have interest in the pork industry? The way I manage and animals and market the final product could not be any further from industry.
Istand industry and nearly everything about it. That was a huge factor in me getting back into farming. But yeah thanks for holding off on playing gotcha.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

I’m against industry and factory farming and wanted to do something about it myself. So I did.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm

I couldn’t find how many people are fully vaxxed in Texas.
35% fully vaccinated. 40% is nat'l average. Probably higher in urban areas, it stands to reason.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Is this a super spreader event?
Maybe! The fact that a decent chunk of the crowd probably is vaccinated makes it less of a superspreader even than it would have been 6 months ago, but you'd be hard-pressed and frankly dishonest to argue that this isn't riskier than what the Knicks did.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Are these people not informed?
Who knows. Not for me to speculate.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
Would events like this not help accelerate us towards herd immunity?
Maybe. Herd immunity achieved via natural infection carries the negative side effects of illness, long-haul symptoms, and preventable deaths. Vaccines get us there faster and less painfully.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So again, how much good does it do to look down on those who won’t comply?...Then can we turn a lens towards educating people on who got hit hard by COVID and who didn’t and try getting to the bottom of why?
Did some selective editing here. How much good does it do to look down on those who got sick or lost loved ones to a virus through no fault of their own? Reigning NL MVP Freddie Freeman got COVID and thought he might die. I'd wager he's in better shape than either of us.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So the question is then what? No one seems to be willing to delve into that.
It takes longer for herd immunity? Ok?
It’s gonna happen. Are “they” even gonna be honest about it when it does? No they’ve already moved the goalpost on what it means like they’ve done with everything in this entire situation.
It's not necessarily "gonna happen." You can call it "moving the goalposts" or you can call it "adjusting course in response to new, better, and more complete information." Did doctors move the goalposts when they stopped using leeches?

I would argue bringing up Vitamin D and compost when the question is "why will you not do a simple, relatively painless thing to prevent the spread of a deadly illness?" is moving the goalposts.
boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:27 pm
So when it happens, then what? Then can we allow people to take these masks off inside? Somehow I doubt it.
Yes. The CDC already said vaccinated people can go maskless indoors. Did you somehow miss that? It was BIG news.

The vegetarian/hybrid car stuff...not gonna go there. I eat a mostly meatless diet. Fish sometimes. Most of what I've seen on the subject suggests meat is significantly more resource-intensive in terms of water, land, etc. compared with plants, but happy to read other sources. I'm not really an environmental vegetarian anyway...more someone who has seen animals be butchered and found it upsetting and doesn't want to be part of it. No judgments on those who make different dietary choices, however. It's just not for me.

When you come back with other reading lists, your logic would compel me to point out that you appear to have a financial interest in the maintenance of the pork industry and disbelieve everything you say, but I won't do that. I will read and respond on the merits of information presented.



Who the hell was looking down on someone for being sick? I’m happy to chat with you man but that’s just a ridiculous accusation. If you were lobbing it at me.

You mention farming again and the climate and said you weren’t “going to go there”. Then you went there and you sound silly. “Meat is bad for the earth. It’s that simple.” Right. Without even making a simple delineation on how the meat was raised. Big difference between clearing rain forest to grow corn to feed cattle, and just feeding cattle grass because they are herbivores. The carbon footprint difference between those two scenarios is night and day.
And what do you know about cropping grain and what annual plants do to the soil and to re amend the soil naturally? How much round up is used for this shit compare holistic farming methods.
Did you know that COVID likes to stick to round up?
Do you know how much fossil fuel is required to grown corn and wheat and soy?
Did you know the number one lie told by producers and consumers is fossil fuel usage?
And that grain growing is subsidized therefore fossil fuel usage rates go unreported because the books are already cooked.

I’ve been farming and ranching for nearly 50 years. Involved in the corporate ag industrial complex for the first 25 then educated myself and continue to do so on how soil building through is what important for mitigating climate change and actually feeding people is a nice consequence to that practice. This is accomplished through animal management. Not cropping.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

And regarding the COVID spreader basketball stuff——we just completely disagree on what’s dangerous and what is not. I think it’s dangerous and bad for your immunity to avoid contact with humanity. You think masks and vaxxes are the way. But I’m not sitting here calling your opinion dishonest.
Which is another accusation of me. Again, hilarious. I don’t even think flea or zip would accuse me of being dishonest for the sake of embellishment .
If you want to keep trying to punch holes in me Or my story, go for it. I’m all about. Not afraid to think out loud right here. It’s not curated for shit and it may sound unpolished. They are my thoughts in a comment section.

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:37 am
And regarding the COVID spreader basketball stuff——we just completely disagree on what’s dangerous and what is not. I think it’s dangerous and bad for your immunity to avoid contact with humanity. You think masks and vaxxes are the way. But I’m not sitting here calling your opinion dishonest.
Which is another accusation of me. Again, hilarious. I don’t even think flea or zip would accuse me of being dishonest for the sake of embellishment .
If you want to keep trying to punch holes in me Or my story, go for it. I’m all about. Not afraid to think out loud right here. It’s not curated for shit and it may sound unpolished. They are my thoughts in a comment section.
I actually thought we could find a point of agreement that if the question is spreading SARS-CoV-2, the Dallas approach is riskier than the New York approach. That's indisputable if you're arguing from an honest place. If you want to say human contact is important, I will agree with you and say that MSG found a way to get 15,000 people back into contact with each other, and 90 percent of them are protected from a novel pathogen that our immune systems still aren't good at dealing with as of May 2021.

I thought your opinion would be, okay, Dallas's approach is more risky, but I am willing to accept that risk.

But if your honest contention is that the Dallas approach is less risky than New York's? Well, there's no point in continuing this.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

On agriculture, it was such a red herring to begin with that I regret addressing it at all. That's a Rock Show conversation. If you think I am a proponent of industrial agriculture or Monsanto or whatever, you've got me pegged wrong.

And my comment about the "pork industry" I guess should have been that you have a vested interest in people continuing to buy pork and eat meat, as I gather that's one way you support yourself and your family. My larger point is that you seem to think pointing out who's making money in a given situation is a substitute for argument about its merits, and that I would try not to engage in a similar exercise. However, let's talk about vegetarianism another time. This thread is about COVID-19.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 am

Who the hell was looking down on someone for being sick? I’m happy to chat with you man but that’s just a ridiculous accusation. If you were lobbing it at me.
And I suppose I owe an explanation here.

You said, "Then can we turn a lens towards educating people on who got hit hard by COVID and who didn’t and try getting to the bottom of why?
I doubt it."

To me, that is suggesting that the people who got sickest are somehow to blame because of their lifestyle. Might make it less of a tragedy if you say, "Oh, that person only got sick because they were obese or didn't exercise enough" or whatever. Don't want to get bogged down here if you didn't intend that as a value judgment on the people who were affected/high-risk.

Again, many of us here agree with you that a broader societal conversation about wellness is probably in order.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:52 am
On agriculture, it was such a red herring to begin with that I regret addressing it at all. That's a Rock Show conversation. If you think I am a proponent of industrial agriculture or Monsanto or whatever, you've got me pegged wrong.

And my comment about the "pork industry" I guess should have been that you have a vested interest in people continuing to buy pork and eat meat, as I gather that's one way you support yourself and your family. My larger point is that you seem to think pointing out who's making money in a given situation is a substitute for argument about its merits, and that I would try not to engage in a similar exercise. However, let's talk about vegetarianism another time. This thread is about COVID-19.


I have a vested I interest in a product that I created and sell myself. Completely separate from your industry and corporate restrictions.
You could call it regenerative integrity farming.
It’s what I support and it flies in the face of industry.
I think it’s the polar opposite of a pharma company making 15 billion and they don’t give a shit about your health.
Does that make sense? Jeff Bezos just bought a 5 hundred million dollar boat gas that pisses off. Partly because he literally controls narratives. He fucking owns the Washington post.
Is it so confusing when someone points outs the danger that happens when the media, the government, and industry are literally in cahoots?
The farming tequniques I use are designed for improving the health of the land and and consequently the health of the person who consumes the food I grow.

This thread is about Covid? Ok. Then are we allowed to try and work through why some people were high risk and why some went?
Would you say type 2 diabetics were high risk or low risk?
Would you say type 2 diabetes comes from eating meat and vegetables?
Or would you think it comes from sugar and grain consumption? Both terrible for the planet btw.
And processed grain is higher on the glycemic index than sugar. Btw.
But can we only have these conversations after everyone is vaxxed? Not everyone is getting vaxxed and it seems you and others are having a tough time with that fact. More shaming might work but I doubt it.
So again I’d rather focus on natural solutions long term. Not band aids with a super man logo and n them. It looks pretty now but your mom enabled you with a band aids instead of empowering you with the tools to empower you.
No policy is going to improve personal responsibility. “There’s a price to pay If you don’t.”

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

And from this morning's local news:

The Denver Post wrote: A second Denver Sheriff Department deputy working at the city’s Downtown Detention Center died due to COVID-19 complications, less than two weeks after the first, the agency announced.

Deputy Daniel “Duke” Trujillo, a 33-year-old former Marine, died Wednesday night with his family by his side, the sheriff’s department said in a news release.

...

Trujillo was opposed to the vaccine, according to public posts on his Facebook page. He posted multiple images and comments about mask-wearing and the vaccine, including one with his picture framed by the words, “I don’t care if you’ve had your vaccine.”

On April 26 he reposted a TikTok video of a man, who identified himself as a former Marine, who said people should not take a COVID-19 vaccination because the long-term side effects were unknown. Trujillo commented, “I’ll get it later on after y’all start growing apendages (sic) out of y’all’s foreheads.”
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Okay, man. I had a nice lunch conversation a few years back with Ed Herman, who was Noam Chomsky's co-author on Manufacturing Consent. I am well fucking aware of how narratives get shaped, bought, and manipulated. Your tone that you're the only one with your third eye open or whatever is pretty grating.

I'll kindly ask you to never speak about what my mom did or didn't do again.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:31 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:52 am
On agriculture, it was such a red herring to begin with that I regret addressing it at all. That's a Rock Show conversation. If you think I am a proponent of industrial agriculture or Monsanto or whatever, you've got me pegged wrong.

And my comment about the "pork industry" I guess should have been that you have a vested interest in people continuing to buy pork and eat meat, as I gather that's one way you support yourself and your family. My larger point is that you seem to think pointing out who's making money in a given situation is a substitute for argument about its merits, and that I would try not to engage in a similar exercise. However, let's talk about vegetarianism another time. This thread is about COVID-19.
Completely separate from your industry and corporate restrictions.
Lmfao what does this mean?
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.cpr.org/2021/05/25/covid-me ... -colorado/



Don’t worry you kids we will get to you after, um, well, I’m sure we will get to you at some point. Til then, mask up, get vaxxed, and avoid others until literally everyone complies. It’s that simple.

boyyourself
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:38 am
Okay, man. I had a nice lunch conversation a few years back with Ed Herman, who was Noam Chomsky's co-author on Manufacturing Consent. I am well fucking aware of how narratives get shaped, bought, and manipulated. Your tone that you're the only one with your third eye open or whatever is pretty grating.

I'll kindly ask you to never speak about what my mom did or didn't do again.


My tone? You mean after you accused me of being dishonest? Or after you accused me of being ignorant to agriculture Of which I know more about than 99 percent is the worlds population?

Was it you that also accused me of not having compassion or being dumb? I lost track of where it all comes from my apologies.

Anyone who loves or hates me or has know me for more than 5 minutes would laugh in your face at these accusations.

I answered all your questions with encouragement from others and am not the one that starts personal bs And makes assumptions.
I’m not here to offend. Period.

You keep making false assumptions. Period. It’s annoying. Hell you just threw it out there that telluride and Montrose are the same. No worries if you couldn’t actually be more wrong.
So why keep making it personal and making assumptions and lobbing accusations?

Post Reply