Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:03 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:26 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 2:58 pm
Oh and you’re gonna throw hands at someone for what they wear?
Are you actually suggesting that the selling/wearing of stars as described in the link is a fashion statement and not a political statement? I suspect that will come as a great surprise to a lot of people, many of whom are wearing those stars.

I don’t care what kind of statement someone is trying to Make. I’m just saying I don’t understand wanting to throw hands over something someone’s wearing.
Hey, I have an idea! Let's put on white robes and hoods and walk through a Black neighborhood! You in ?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:16 am
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Are you actually suggesting that the selling/wearing of stars as described in the link is a fashion statement and not a political statement? I suspect that will come as a great surprise to a lot of people, many of whom are wearing those stars.

I don’t care what kind of statement someone is trying to Make. I’m just saying I don’t understand wanting to throw hands over something someone’s wearing.
Hey, I have an idea! Let's put on white robes and hoods and walk through a Black neighborhood! You in ?
Quite the fashion statement, bubba.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:13 pm
Always on the cutting edge, cortez.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:53 pm
cortez the killer wrote:
There was a horrible, off-color joke opportunity in there, but it's 2021 and I'm not clever or funny enough to pull it off.

The gold star garbage is deplorable and was pushed into the mainstream by vile shit bags like MTG.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

That’s hilarious. Why you asking me this?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Sure. You?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Not sure you’re gonna find much if any disagreement on this board. If people can demonstrate proof of previous infection that suggests ongoing immunity, that’s as good as vaccinated (if the data supports that and continues to support it).

The hard part is people who were never tested or confirmed. My understanding is that the antibody tests require blood draws. Hard to imagine too many people who won’t receive a vaccine signing up for a procedure that is costlier and arguably more invasive, but there should absolutely be a pathway for people with natural immunity to responsibly return to normal activities.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 5:41 pm
(if the data supports that and continues to support it).
Looks the science isn’t in on the level of antibodies related to immunity, however.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/saf ... fda-safety
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:33 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Looks the science isn’t in on the level of antibodies related to immunity, however.

You mean there’s conflicting science coming from different places, one of them being the FDA?

I haven’t trusted the Fduh since long before COVID. Examples of why galore. It’s not just a hunch.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:32 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:33 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

You mean there’s conflicting science coming from different places, one of them being the FDA?

I haven’t trusted the Fduh since long before COVID. Examples of why galore. It’s not just a hunch.
Maybe the pharma companies behind the antibody tests should hire Pfizer’s lobbyists. Am I doing this right?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Would you submit to an antibody blood test if that were generally accepted as equivalent to vaccination? Maybe it will be down the line after more study.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:21 pm
I figure there are 2 possibilities. Either you know why or you don't. Either way I don't give a fuck.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:44 pm
boyyourself wrote:
I figure there are 2 possibilities. Either you know why or you don't. Either way I don't give a fuck.

Dude I denounced that lady all she stands for.
So why are you asking about committing major acts of hateful racism?
Yours throwing a bunch of shit around for not giving a fuck.
But I forgot you’re the mod?
Can’t bring up Mennonites but your point about the kkk is well taken. Jeez

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:57 pm
Would you submit to an antibody blood test if that were generally accepted as equivalent to vaccination? Maybe it will be down the line after more study.

I’m on Search And Rescue here so I was one of the first to ever take the antibody blood test.
Details of the entire debacle below. And this whole situation was quite large in how my early opinions about COVID started to form.
This was March of 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/khn.org/ne ... pened/amp/

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:25 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

I’m on Search And Rescue here so I was one of the first to ever take the antibody blood test.
Details of the entire debacle below. And this whole situation was quite large in how my early opinions about COVID started to form.
This was March of 2020.

Sounds like quite a debacle. Vaccination was pretty easy and efficient by comparison.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I have enjoyed the fruits of vaccination this weekend. Had a great meal at an outdoor restaurant and had an awesome graduation party for my daughter. No masks, hugs all around. Finally feeling close to normal
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am
beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

I'm not a mod.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:57 am
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

This was March of 2020.

Sounds like quite a debacle. Vaccination was pretty easy and efficient by comparison.

Was?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 10:29 am
boyyourself wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 am
beantownbubba wrote:

I'm not a mod.

It was a joke
Sort of like the clansmen joke you made just not nearly as good

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 10:19 am
I have enjoyed the fruits of vaccination this weekend. Had a great meal at an outdoor restaurant and had an awesome graduation party for my daughter. No masks, hugs all around. Finally feeling close to normal

I know I’m a prick and that you’re done with me and all but just gotta say that’s nice to hear.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:13 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

This was March of 2020.

Was?
Yeah, I’m comparing my vaccination experience, which happened in the past, to the situation described in the article you linked. I was in and out in 20 minutes and left with full confidence that I would soon be mostly immune from contracting or spreading a dangerous pathogen. It was a great day!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Apropos of nothing much at all, the poem fairy dropped back by this weekend, and finished some items and started others. A couplet of note:

"I will not kill a man who kills to live,
Nor would I judge you, woman, if you did."

I hope the late author of the story I turned into a speech approves of the words I put into what is after all his character's mouth.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:09 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Was?
Yeah, I’m comparing my vaccination experience, which happened in the past, to the situation described in the article you linked. I was in and out in 20 minutes and left with full confidence that I would soon be mostly immune from contracting or spreading a dangerous pathogen. It was a great day!

Cool

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:32 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:09 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Was?

Cool
Yup

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I generated a link that'll let you past the paywall for this. It's a good example of how to be a skeptical layperson without being gullible:

Some Thoughts on the COVID ‘Lab Leak’ Theory
Reading opinion commentary you’d think there was a sudden turnabout and that a lab leak has all but been proven. What’s more accurate is to say that we didn’t know the origins of COVID and a lab leak was treated as very unlikely to now where we still don’t know and knowledgable, non-propagandists are saying we should look at that possibility more closely.

Part of the shift is that with Trump gone and the biggest megaphone in the world not being used to make baseless claims the reflexive resistance to discussing this possibility has loosened. But there’s also maybe a bit more evidence. None of the new information is dispositive. There’s just some more hints, a bit more circumstantial evidence that could suggest a lab-related origin that has made experts who mostly ruled it out say they’re not so sure.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

The good news is that you can probably get Fauci’s book for pretty cheap now. I think it has something about the truth in title.
Anybody still defending this guy?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

We can have beanie weenies & s'mores! ;)

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’m waiting to here from the “if we all just would’ve listened to Fauci this never would’ve happened” crowd. After all you were a dumb trumper if you didn’t. That’s was the explanation I’ve gotten several times for why some people didn’t buy into fauci.....
And do these fuckers have nothing better to do than to track the mutation of a virus in a bat?
Sorry but I don’t agree with that science.

What’s good to know, comforting honestly, is that there are a great number of us out there that don’t like or trust Biden, Trump, or fauci. You wouldn’t know that if you only watched the news. Or wherever you get your “information”. It’s all about choosing sides and adopting the current belief systems of that side.

So yeah hopefully we are better prepared in the future because we have more that will be less willing to comply to mandates with grave consequences. Maybe some musicians besides kid rock will actually come out and start speaking about how maybe after all we didn’t need to have their entire lives shut down nor the entire industry around it.. Or is only ok to rail against Trump if you’re an entertainer? Hard to tell. It starts to fall on deaf ears when groups like that with big voices never seem to call out “the other side” for their bs. Gotta act like your supposed to according to the colors you choose to fly I guess. Isbell is the classic example. Ever heard him call out anyone other than a republican on Twitter? It’s for the good of the cause that I’m sure is gonna take soon.
Or maybe kids can speak up about how we knew the whole time that they were low risk and that schools never should’ve closed. I guarantee teachers unions won’t. Kids got disrespected more than anything. That and the ocean. But we’re gonna get to the environment after this is over. And start building infrastructure I guess.
Sucks when the new buzz word equals more more more. More shit.

Watching the media protect fauci still is as predictable as finding out that in all those fauci emails, there’s nothing about remedies or preventions......just vaccines. All he saw was vaccine and he loved his 15 minutes. “He’s an expert and your not!!! Oh ok.
And his connection to Bill Gates?
The biomedical company that did early testing here in Telluride? Connected to Bill gates as well ——— yet all I heard is how lucky of a community we are to have them. Don’t worry about them getting all your info while doing a human experiment on you at the same time.
I took it because I’m on search and rescue. Got duped. Hook line and sinker.

And don’t worry about how they all believe in de population as a means to saving the planet.....
Wild conspiracy? You think so? I don’t.