The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Re: The TV thread

Post by RolanK »

cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 am
phungi wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:40 am
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:46 am
This final season of Better Call Saul has been great! Can't wait for the series finale next week.
final episode is titled: "Saul Gone" :cry:
They've done as masterful job transitioning back and forth between the show being both a prequel and sequel to Breaking Bad.
It's been great! All six seasons, really. I've enjoyed it as much as BB. I am listening to a weekly podcast that drops every week after the airing of a new episode, hosted by one of the editors, with different actors, writers, directors and other crew members talking through the making of the episodes, discussing different theories etc. Lots of cool "behind the scenes" stuff being revealed there, no spoilers.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

RolanK wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:16 am
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 am
phungi wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:40 am

final episode is titled: "Saul Gone" :cry:
They've done as masterful job transitioning back and forth between the show being both a prequel and sequel to Breaking Bad.
It's been great! All six seasons, really. I've enjoyed it as much as BB. I am listening to a weekly podcast that drops every week after the airing of a new episode, hosted by one of the editors, with different actors, writers, directors and other crew members talking through the making of the episodes, discussing different theories etc. Lots of cool "behind the scenes" stuff being revealed there, no spoilers.
What's the name of the podcast?
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm thinking that season 1 of The Jury is probably not quite as bad as it seemed while we were watching (we did after all watch the whole season) but even so, it was seriously bad. A flawed concept poorly executed. But as w/ many British crime/legal shows that depict courtroom scenes, so many things are consistently presented as "just the way it is" that I am awfully curious whether the UK legal system allows the kinds of shenanigans regularly depicted. Shenanigans in the US aren't any better and may actually be worse in some ways, but they're different and that makes it hard to believe some of the procedural things we see, like counsel giving opinions, asking leading questions, stating as facts things not in evidence, etc etc. I gather that there's a second season but I doubt we'll be watching it.

The second season of Never Have I Ever is not as good as the first but it's still pretty darn good. Once again, John McEnroe's voiceovers steal the show but the cast is good and endearing and even if each cast member is a somewhat predictable representative of a stereotypical type, they're well within the range of acceptable sitcom characterizations and there is some freshness and enthusiasm in the acting and writing.

We've started the second season of Only Murders in the Building and once again it's not as good as the first. But it's decent enough if you're looking for some lighter fare.

Looking forward to Ken Burns's mini-series on the USA's response to the Holocaust but I'm not sure when I'm actually going to be up for watching it. Anybody here watching it? Thoughts?
"A Republic, if you can keep it."

Flea

Post by Flea »

Harley Quinn on HBO Max is amazingly, unexpectedly good.
Now it's dark.