Artist of the Week 04/18/11 - Neil Young

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: Artist of the Week 04/18/11 - Neil Young

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:44 am
Great interview with Frank Sampedro by Stepen Duesner. They cover Sampedro replacing Danny Whitten, recording Ragged Glory and the Rust Bucket show.

https://www.stereogum.com/2120812/frank ... djYUJ3LjpU
Pancho has definitely been making the rounds. I've read at least 3 different interviews in the past week or so. It's good to hear from him. I can definitely empaphize with why he had to quit touring. I always thought he was Malcom Young to Neil's Angus Young. Favorite story in one of the interviews: taking the stage @ Budokan in 1975 with Crazy Horse & Linda Sue DIxon.... :D

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

My Rust Bucket DVD arrived yesterday. It's rugged which is fine for the Horse. I think it solves the "where's Cowgirl" question. During the song a warning comes up that says "NYA under construction" & the sound changes some. I'm guessing there was a problem on the soundboard tape during that song & they spliced in audio from a bootleg on the video. Still sounds good but it's a noticable difference. Overall the video quality is like a really good bootleg. Worth having for those of us who like to ride the Horse.

Flea

Post by Flea »

chuckrh wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:28 am
My Rust Bucket DVD arrived yesterday. It's rugged which is fine for the Horse. I think it solves the "where's Cowgirl" question. During the song a warning comes up that says "NYA under construction" & the sound changes some. I'm guessing there was a problem on the soundboard tape during that song & they spliced in audio from a bootleg on the video. Still sounds good but it's a noticable difference. Overall the video quality is like a really good bootleg. Worth having for those of us who like to ride the Horse.
So where would one find this DVD outside of buying the deluxe vinyl box set?
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Flea wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 am
chuckrh wrote:
It was available at the Greedy Hands Store on NYA as a preorder for a short time. I was looking at some other stuff there & noticed it is now gone. I don't know if that is permanent, might be worth checking. I'm guessing they did a limited run for the deluxe set & had some leftover. I can't do the deluxe box sets anymore, just too much money. I did hear a rumor from a friend that it is up on some torrent sites. I'm not sure which ones though.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

chuckrh wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:22 am
Flea wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 am
chuckrh wrote:
It was available at the Greedy Hands Store on NYA as a preorder for a short time. I was looking at some other stuff there & noticed it is now gone. I don't know if that is permanent, might be worth checking. I'm guessing they did a limited run for the deluxe set & had some leftover. I can't do the deluxe box sets anymore, just too much money. I did hear a rumor from a friend that it is up on some torrent sites. I'm not sure which ones though.
Flea, I’d hit up whatwouldcooleydo as he is a big NY fan and also stays current on the torrents that are out there.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Flea

Post by Flea »

That would look rather silly if it's not tucked in. And what is the point of a t-shirt if it's tucked in? Hard pass.
Now it's dark.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Flea wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:04 pm

That would look rather silly if it's not tucked in. And what is the point of a t-shirt if it's tucked in? Hard pass.
A mere triviality when we’re talking $55 for a t-shirt.

Fuck me in the goat ass, Neil.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

if you don't have this already and want it on vinyl, you'll probably never find a cheaper price:

(i have no idea why this link will not embed)

https://www.amazon.com/Way-Down-Rust-Bu ... 8&qid=&sr=