Stones considering "Full Album" tour?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

RevMatt

Re: Stones considering "Full Album" tour?

Post by RevMatt »

A guy I play with occasionally is in The Mike Hunt Band which is a Rolling Stones tribute band based in NYC. They have a woman who plays the part of Mick Jagger. Rather than playing a greatest hits set they do complete albums. I think tonight they are doing "Between the Buttons". Pete, my friend, is Brian Jones/Mick Taylor/Ron Wood. His wife is Keith Richards. They play the Shadoobies convention every year. (The Shadoobies are to The Rolling Stones what 3DD's are to DBT).
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

RevMatt wrote:(The Shadoobies are to The Rolling Stones what 3DD's are to DBT).

Ahh, but Shadoobees are only one of the many varieties of online Stones fan! There are also Rocks Off-ers, IORRers, and, most importantly, Gassers! Read all about it in this book, which I am featured in:

http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Thru-Stones-Keno/dp/0615282288/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273961629&sr=8-3

Anyway, I would be very surprised if this happened. Mick would get too nervous about someone, somewhere getting bored in the middle of Just Wanna See His Face when they could be launching into Start Me Up or Brown Sugar for the 8 millionth time.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Large portions of Stones albums have never been performed live.

I would say that Let it Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers and Some Girls would be the albums most likely chosen.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

I read an interview recently with Mick where he stated that would not happen. Not sure where, NPR maybe? Who knows what they will do for sure.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Jack Flash wrote:
RevMatt wrote:
Anyway, I would be very surprised if this happened. Mick would get too nervous about someone, somewhere getting bored in the middle of Just Wanna See His Face when they could be launching into Start Me Up or Brown Sugar for the 8 millionth time.

I read on Chuck Leavell's blog where he was criticizing Mick (in the middle of a tour no less) for just this lack of song variation.
Chuck is the Alabama born and Georgia based keyboardist and musical director for the Stones.

http://www.chuckleavell.com/