Groningen 11-18-2010 (Holy crap!!!)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TruckerTomer

Groningen 11-18-2010 (Holy crap!!!)

Post by TruckerTomer »

WOW...that's all I got to say.

They played a lot of great stuff tonight on my last show, and also gave me a moment I'll never never forget...

I didn't took a pen an paper and I'm in full craziness & adrenaline mode rihgt now, so these are the songs they played tonight that I remember without any order. Check that out:

Wednesday (opening!)
Dead, Drunk, and Naked (!!) ->
Guitar Man Upstairs (!!!)
One of These Day (!)
Love Like This (!)
Heathens (!!!)
Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife (!!! was so cool. Different electric take)
This Fucking Job (1st in europe)
The Flying Wallendas (1st in europe)

A Ghost to Most
Gravity's Gone
Marry Me
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Birthday Boy
Get Downtown
I Told You So
Santa Fe
Mercy Buckets
Used To Be a Cop

I'm forgeting some more for sure. At least another great one...I don't seem to remember now.

And the reason I can't seem to remember now is because the band finished the encore & show with Angels and Fuselage...I was wishing for that from my first show. It's my favorite DBT song. I got the private performance at the soundcheck in Amsterdam and thought that might be it (and that was cool enough!). When they started the first notes of the song I was FREAKIN' OUT!! Patterson saw me and gave me the confirmation look and all. It was amazing take of Angels And Fuselage and one of the greatest moments of my life. They left me speachless. In the middle of the song some tears almost came out...I was very into it. I will remember that for life. It was THE PERFECT ENDING FOR MY TRIP. The band members knew that and everyone were happy I got to see it. Patterson told me that he wasn't sure, cause they need to be in the right mood to play it, but also he wanted to pleases me...I have no words to thank him and the rest. I told them that.

After that I said goodbye to everyone in the band personally in the dressing room. Took pic with everyone, said thank you for all of them for a week I'll never forget...Also said thanks to Matt, Craig and the roadies I got to know pretty well in the past week.

My eyes are really fill with tears when I'm writing this now...I sure hope to see the truckers again, maybe next year when they'll come back to europe for Go-Go Boots (Patterson mentioned that at the show). Hope I'll have the money to make another journey from Israel...Who knows.

In the meantime they are sending me back home with a week to remember for life, amazing experiences and one special perfect ending...

Thanks also to everyone I met the past week. Cooleygirl, Uncle Rick, Joe and all the others. Thank you DBT, band & crew for making me the happiest fan ever tonight, and for everything that happened on my journey and the 6 shows I saw.

I'm gonna catch a breath now and get hold of myself.

"And I'm scared shitless of what's coming next..."

Peace,

Tomer.
Last edited by TruckerTomer on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to hate the fool in me, but only in the morning. Now I tolerate him all day long"

Given to Fly

Re: Groningen 11-18-2010 (Holy crap!!!)

Post by Given to Fly »

Greatest Band. Greatest Fans.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Given to Fly wrote:Greatest Band. Greatest Fans.

x2

oh and TruckerTomer? :D
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I think I'm gonna cry, :D Freakin' ALSUM!!! Safe travels, melech shel hadarach. Pls forgive my awful transliteration of my very limited vocabulary.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Joshua

Post by Joshua »

What a great story. Got a little misty eyed myself just reading it. Hope you get home safely.
So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Rock Pools

Post by Rock Pools »

Wonderful, TruckerTomer. I can feel your joy, it's sparkling. Waiting here in Melbourne, waiting round to see if we're gonna get ourselves some DBT shows sooner or later. So exciting!

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

And didn't they open with WEDNESDAY? That one needs to come back stateside. ROCK!

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

This is just one of the reasons I love this band more than anything in the world. Love, love, love. So happy for you Brother Trucker!
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Sounds like a fantastic time Trucker Tomer! Thanks to everyone for the recaps of the Euro tour so far.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

mark lynn wrote:And didn't they open with WEDNESDAY? That one needs to come back stateside. ROCK!

Oh yeah!! With all the ending I totally forgot about the beginning...I was kinda thinking about that I remember, cause it's been a long time since I heard it and I wasn't quite sure about that...

But yeah, awesome. I remembered I forgot another great one...Marry was second. Then on I can't remember the order (except the last :D ).

And thanks everybody for all the comments!! It's great to have a place when everybody really knows how you're feeling and can imagine your joy. I'll also need to upload my band pics after the show, and I have so many great pics from the six shows...
"I used to hate the fool in me, but only in the morning. Now I tolerate him all day long"

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

good shit. I am nothing but jealous! :)
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Lester on the Make

Post by Lester on the Make »

Very nice story. I'm a little jealous, since I've been chasing Angels & Fuselage for two years now, but you earned it. No doubt! Safe travels

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

that's a freaking great review....i've been rooting for you to hear that since i've been following the reports from europe....what a great band to actually care & reward great fans!
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

uncledisneysnephew

Post by uncledisneysnephew »

awesome story & sounds like an awesome show!!!

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

Ok, and here are the pics after the last show, saying last goodbyes to everyone...

Band:

Crew:

KY KAT

Post by KY KAT »

TT, that is too cool. You've gotta love a band that treats their fans so well.
The pics are awesome, you can tell they have a lot of affection for you.
So happy for you and all the great memories you made....

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

TT, so happy for you!!!! and just a wee bit jealous!!! You did bring tears to my eyes as I read your blog!!! The feeling of comfy goodness you get from these guys can't be beat or measured.

This family we call 3 Dimes Down, is just that family. They listen, they care and they love and that is the best kind of family there is!!!

ok there might be a tear or two now!!! see what you started :D :D you made me feel all nice and fuzzy now!!! Dam :D :D

Welcome TT, now get your but over to the NC for some serious silliness!!!! once you come down from the DBT high, which in your case might take a week or so!!!

hugs and kisses tom
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

well fuckin' A! TT!

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Another word of advice - beware the post-show-back-to-the-real-world-when-is-my-next-show "I've got DBT withdrawal" blues...

We will be here for ya to get ya through that slump...that's one of the great things about 3DD!
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Nice work, Tomer! Great writeup, great pictures, great stuff all around.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Trucker Tomer got his picture taken individually with every member of the band? I believe sir that this makes you the fucking man!

Thanks for the Euro tour stop updates. I've enjoyed every one.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

TT, what an awesome week! Congrats on an experience you will never forget. I had favorite bands in the past before the Truckers and in those cases and almost all other instances its a one way relationship. The most you get out of a lot of bands is the cursory shout out and thanks to the fans. Obviously not the case with DBT. What a special group of folks (Both band and fans). Safe travels TT.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Teiz

Post by Teiz »

That is a great set list. Angels and Fuselage live..kinda jealous of that.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

mark lynn wrote:And didn't they open with WEDNESDAY? That one needs to come back stateside. ROCK!

I know they opened with it in Milwaukee and I believe they also played it in Madison.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Wow, tomer, that is amazing!! I was there for your first 5 shows and I'm misty eyed! What a way to end the run. This band and crew are some of the nicest people out there, it is just so incredible to me that they truly care about the fans, and the lengths they go to regarding their fans is outstanding. I'm so happy for you for the last show and those pics are incredible.

I hope to join you again for another DBT run someday sooner rather than later.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

CooleyGirl wrote:Wow, tomer, that is amazing!! I was there for your first 5 shows and I'm misty eyed! What a way to end the run. This band and crew are some of the nicest people out there, it is just so incredible to me that they truly care about the fans, and the lengths they go to regarding their fans is outstanding. I'm so happy for you for the last show and those pics are incredible.

I hope to join you again for another DBT run someday sooner rather than later.

You can imagine how excited I was at the end of the last show... :D

Yep, I'm so thankful of all the things they did to me...And hangin' with Shonna & Jay and others in the cities and talk, all of them, super nice to their fans. They really did everything to me and gave me back a lot more than I expected, just because they appriciated I came from Israel and travel with them to six shows/cities. Amazing time I'll never forget. I don't expect from an atrist to do those things to a fan. What I get from the albums I buy & shows I go (or fly) to, is enough of the experience and relationship between a fan and the artist/band. They did so much more it was so unreal. They really gave me back A LOT and left me the happiest DBT fan on earth on that week. No words to describe. I love this band so much...It's amazing and a thing that very very few artists will bring back to their dedicated fans.

Will upload my pics soon...

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

TT-
Enjoyed reading your posts throughout your tour.
Curious as to how you stumbled upon DBT. Do any of your friends like them as well? If not, what do they say about the songs/band. What is their reaction to you hitting the DBT jackpot?

Going down as one of the "feel good" stories of the year.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Hey! I just realized Brad is wearing a Toad's New Haven shirt in this pic! How weird is that, I can walk there from my office!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

Given to Fly wrote:TT-
Enjoyed reading your posts throughout your tour.
Curious as to how you stumbled upon DBT. Do any of your friends like them as well? If not, what do they say about the songs/band. What is their reaction to you hitting the DBT jackpot?

Going down as one of the "feel good" stories of the year.

Thank you first :)

And I got into them by myself...I am very "american" at heart as it goes to music, especially in the past decade. And I'm a big fan of southern rock, country-rock, americana and all around. I heard about the truckers few years back, I think in The Black Crowes message board. But I really started gettin' into them around 2006, when they opened for the crowes in the summer. I bought The Dirty South and it hooked me right away...Like a month or two later I bought all of the DBT albums and really started to go deep with them. It was really fast...

I know some people here in Israel who know them and like them, but not so much. I got some people into them also...But not many (I always try of course ;) ). I get a LOT of greta reactions to my story...I told that to people here and many are very excited for me, cause they know my thing with music and what it means to me. But only you guys here can really understand deeply what is does to me, because of your own personal experiences with the band & shows I guess. Another related thing to my Angels & Fuselage peformance at the end is a line from my favorite movie of all time (Almost Famous) - "They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much...that it hurts".

You guys here can sure understand what I felt at that moment (and in the entire song and other experiences with the band on my journey). It's good to have a place when people can really know how it is...those moments with music you'll never forget.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Thanks for sharing that Tomer. Very sweet!
NSFW