Denver - Levitt Pavilion - 7/15/22

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

Denver - Levitt Pavilion - 7/15/22

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Apologies for the delay. Life, amirite?

Bubba
Birthday Boy
Righteous
Driver
Flameout
Wake You Up
Maria
Lookout
English Oceans
Rosemary
One of These Days
Hell No/Sign
Ramon
Play It All Night Long
Surrender
KKK
LTBR
Zip
Angels
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem

Re: Denver - Levitt Pavilion - 7/15/22

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I was a little apprehensive about this one. A number of factors had me worried: outdoor venues have never been my favorite DBT shows (but that's probably because in my limited experience, they've usually been opening in those settings). Along those same lines, a free show can mean a bigger audience, but a less enthusiastic one. The venue is HUGE, which could make it look empty from the stage and affect the band's vibe. And DBT went on well before sunset, which just seems wrong. I had wanted to make it up to Breck on Thursday for a ticketed show to hedge my bets, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Very happy to report that my worries were unfounded. The weather was absolutely perfect, in a way that Denver summer evenings often are due to the lack of humidity. Even the hottest days quickly become pleasant as the sun starts to go down. The band seemed to be in good spirits. There is a sort of pit/dancefloor area down in front of the stage that makes it feel a little more intimate than most outdoor venues. I imagine most of the hardcores ended up down there, along with curious first-timers. My friend who has attended many shows at Levitt said this was about as full as he'd seen it. It's pretty close to my house, and I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch more shows there. Denver is lucky to have it.

Sound was nicely dialed in from what I could tell. It had been a while since I'd seen the Hell No-->Sign 'O' The Times combo, which worked as well as it always does. Wouldn't have minded 4 or 5 more songs, but when is that not the case?

The last Denver show was a little bit underwhelming (they made up for it in Fort Collins the next night). This one was great. I think they made some new fans last Friday.

I don't have my next show lined up. Not even sure if HHC will happen for me next year (fingers crossed). If this was my last time seeing them for a little while, it was definitely a good one to tide me over.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:15 pm
I was a little apprehensive about this one. A number of factors had me worried: outdoor venues have never been my favorite DBT shows (but that's probably because in my limited experience, they've usually been opening in those settings). Along those same lines, a free show can mean a bigger audience, but a less enthusiastic one. The venue is HUGE, which could make it look empty from the stage and affect the band's vibe. And DBT went on well before sunset, which just seems wrong. I had wanted to make it up to Breck on Thursday for a ticketed show to hedge my bets, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Very happy to report that my worries were unfounded. The weather was absolutely perfect, in a way that Denver summer evenings often are due to the lack of humidity. Even the hottest days quickly become pleasant as the sun starts to go down. The band seemed to be in good spirits. There is a sort of pit/dancefloor area down in front of the stage that makes it feel a little more intimate than most outdoor venues. I imagine most of the hardcores ended up down there, along with curious first-timers. My friend who has attended many shows at Levitt said this was about as full as he'd seen it. It's pretty close to my house, and I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch more shows there. Denver is lucky to have it.

Sound was nicely dialed in from what I could tell. It had been a while since I'd seen the Hell No-->Sign 'O' The Times combo, which worked as well as it always does. Wouldn't have minded 4 or 5 more songs, but when is that not the case?

The last Denver show was a little bit underwhelming (they made up for it in Fort Collins the next night). This one was great. I think they made some new fans last Friday.

I don't have my next show lined up. Not even sure if HHC will happen for me next year (fingers crossed). If this was my last time seeing them for a little while, it was definitely a good one to tide me over.
This is real nice to read.

Free shows are good for everyone but especially for the fact they bring in folks that would otherwise not be there. I'm certain the band made some new fans that night and loved playing the the big crowd which at first glance shocked me when I saw some photos !

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I really like this set list. Great start so I'm not at all surprised that it was a good 'un*. I've only seen the set lists on 3dd which I know is far less than from all the current/recent shows, but the slightly shorter set lists seem to be a thing by now, is that right? Even so that's a solid 2 hours, I assume, starts w/ Living Bubba, includes my favorite cover and ends with an old fashioned pedal to the metal rock out of classics, so yeah, wish I was there.

*My theory is that the Living Bubba as an opener is among the best signs of a hot show to come and Righteous Path in the 3rd spot kind of clinches it.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:57 pm
I've only seen the set lists on 3dd which I know is far less than from all the current/recent shows, but the slightly shorter set lists seem to be a thing by now, is that right?
I think it's got to do with how many outdoor shows they're playing in the hot sun right now.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be