Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:03 pm
Edit so zip doesn’t have to read the rest——-
“Pushing agendas over the truth at all cost is a bunch of bullshit”. There ya go.

So the not only is Pfizer already trying to roll out a third shot but they forgot to run it past sir fauci. Oops. Oh well they apologized to him so we’re good now. When that booster shot gets taken will be when the man who seemingly hasn’t been right since 1983, which is how long he’s been preaching separation, says that criticizing him is anti science ( I know I know the science keeps changing like the weather), not only refuses to promote remedies but promotes the cencorship of them———says it’s time for a booster shot goddamnit. Which I gauranteee will be soon enough. But it will come from him.
All he’s seen for 40 years is virus and he loves having power. He ain’t about lives. Not to mention getting censored from YouTube for saying the virus comes from Wuhan—-which it did—- to saying ivermectin helps, which it does. Frankly I don’t get why that doesn’t piss more of you off. Because all you see is me not getting vaxxed?
What baffles me it’s that you think damn near half the country which doesn’t agree with you are the enemy or the dummies or the ones being irresponsible. It’s funny I don’t hear any responsibility or accountability for pretty much anything coming from that direction. Just “hey look how dumb half the country is or, if everyone just_________. Or man we got a lot of work to do to get everyone to think like me. No reflection or admitting they were wrong. I guess you gotta be super smart to never be wrong.
Instead it’s a pile of crap like “of course the virus came from Wuhan lab…,duh”. Wait what! You said that was racist a mere few weeks ago you fuckers. Nope. The smarty crowd will never reflect or retract or ever admit to being duped. All for the team. Agendas over truth. Hear that kids? We want you to develop views instead of knowing what the hell you’re talking about. And if someone questions your views, which aren’t really based on experience or anything real, then you call it anti science and stick your self righteous nose up In the air and waddle back inside for more self affirmation on social,
The government publicly telling Pfizer “not so fast” is an example of the government doing its job, no? Your thing this whole time has been that pharma is calling the shots or pulling the strings or whatever. So wouldn’t the government just keep on doing their bidding?

Or maybe it’s not all a grand conspiracy.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I just think fauci likes his fame above all else and isn’t a real scientist. Real scientists try to disprove themselves……not trot shit out there as fact just in case like a weatherman. Instead he said if you’re critical of him you’re anti science and that’s a clown statement.
Plus hoping like hell no one finds about the truth about the origin that might cut funding into researching viruses as they mutate through bats. Super fucking important I’m sure Mr Virus. Can’t believe I haven’t sent a check yet.
Not sorry for not trusting anything about that fucker.
I dare someone to start listing examples of where this guy has been right……
And I’m weaving through complexities as best I know how…… how does that mean I think it’s all a conspiracy? It doesn’t and I don’t. What, anything beyond just wear a mask just stay home just vaccinate is a conspiracy?
Plus everything’s a conspiracy til it turns out to be true…….

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.thelunaticfarmer.com/blog/6 ... s-of-truth

Some of you wonder why I put so much stock in what a farmer says, many reasons, and not all farmers, But Joel Saladin in particular almost for the first paragraph alone.
A gathering to learn from a group of unorthodox medical professionals. That’s what’s up and I think it’s cool that stuff like this is happening. It’s not the kind of thing that would ever get news coverage because it all flies in the face of everything mainstream.
It’s a great read IMO…..one of the speakers dove into how community is way more important to well being than money or medicine or affluence…….and cited examples of poor communities having lower over all mortality rates than affluent communities, basically because of community itself. Pretty cool I thought.

Flea

Post by Flea »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:58 am
Flea wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 pm
Easy solution at this point: if you don't get vaccinated and you die from the infection: I truly do not care.

If you catch the virus while unvaccinated, pass it to someone who is unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons and they die: you deserve to be punished in some fashion.

Problem fucking solved.
But you would never dare mention that someone’s lifestyle leading up to being high risk is on them also? Oh right that’s not what we’re taking about. You keep saying you don’t care but now you’re saying someone should be punished, which is it.

And I’m genuinely curious who is unable to get the vaccine. Someone with terminal illness? I don’t know who else it would be. Fauci is literally talking about how easy it is to get.
You should be mad at whoever is making the decision for someone to not get the vaccine.

And I’m wondering who you think I would come in contact with that hadn’t been vaxxed because they weren’t able to, that I would somehow unknowingly be a carrier, and get close enough to this person to give them Covid. I’m not going into nursing homes and hospitals and sneezing on people. And if you are that high risk turn under what circumstance are you at risk to being exposed and why? Except for the fact that I believe it’s everywhere at this point.

Someone's lifestyle, if high risk for a communicable or any other disease, is of course on them. And it certainly is NOT what we are discussing. We are discussing the role of widespread vaccination in ameliorating a pandemic, and how conspiracy theory nonsense is hindering that effort.

And yes, I do feel that a person's actions/inactions should be addressed if directly contributing to harm for another.

Peace out, I'm done with this discussion. Enjoy the SLC show!
Now it's dark.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:23 pm
I just think fauci likes his fame above all else and isn’t a real scientist. Real scientists try to disprove themselves……not trot shit out there as fact just in case like a weatherman. Instead he said if you’re critical of him you’re anti science and that’s a clown statement.
Plus hoping like hell no one finds about the truth about the origin that might cut funding into researching viruses as they mutate through bats. Super fucking important I’m sure Mr Virus. Can’t believe I haven’t sent a check yet.
Not sorry for not trusting anything about that fucker.
I dare someone to start listing examples of where this guy has been right……
And I’m weaving through complexities as best I know how…… how does that mean I think it’s all a conspiracy? It doesn’t and I don’t. What, anything beyond just wear a mask just stay home just vaccinate is a conspiracy?
Plus everything’s a conspiracy til it turns out to be true…….
You say that treatments have been suppressed in favor of vaccines and that Fauci is somehow behind it. That’s conspiracy theory shit.

I don’t care about Anthony Fauci. But you (and all right-wing media) seem to be obsessed. I know you’re not a Trumper, but you have this much in common with them. As far as I know he wasn’t involved in the recent Pfizer controversy. Maybe he was. Point is he’s one old man in a vast bureaucracy that seems to be attempting to do its job.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

If the government, Big Pharma and the media ALL completely changed their push away from vaccines and towards healthier eating/lifestyle, how exactly would that help anything right now? How does eating fewer Big Macs and getting an hour of daily exercise stop the spread of the variants?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:31 pm
https://www.thelunaticfarmer.com/blog/6 ... s-of-truth

Some of you wonder why I put so much stock in what a farmer says, many reasons, and not all farmers, But Joel Saladin in particular almost for the first paragraph alone.
A gathering to learn from a group of unorthodox medical professionals. That’s what’s up and I think it’s cool that stuff like this is happening. It’s not the kind of thing that would ever get news coverage because it all flies in the face of everything mainstream.
It’s a great read IMO…..one of the speakers dove into how community is way more important to well being than money or medicine or affluence…….and cited examples of poor communities having lower over all mortality rates than affluent communities, basically because of community itself. Pretty cool I thought.
To say that the content of these two days was revolutionary and life-changing would be the understatement of the year. Dr. Sina led off the itinerary, explaining how thoughts and emotions affect biology "Emotions are energy that resonate at different frequencies; higher is better. Joy resonates at 540; anger at 150." To increase life force "tell jokes," she admonished, relaying numerous examples of spontaneous healing from deathly prognoses.

"Childhood trauma shapes your perception of yourself and your world: 'I'm not good enough,' and 'I'm not deserving of healing,'" she said. She explained Adult Childhood Unresolved Situations (ACUS), noting that "disease is the inability to forgive." And then this blockbuster: "genes are NOT your destiny." We all sat spellbound, crying one minute and laughing the next--you should get the series for this presentation alone.
This is gibberish. Genes are not necessarily your destiny. That is true. The rest of it is nonsense (in my not-very-humble opinion).
Get Access Today $49
Anthony Fauci has never asked me for 50 bucks. I don’t love the guy but I’ll give him that much.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

The emotion of smug self-satisfaction I got from vaccination resonates at 10 million.

Don’t worry about units. Higher is better. $50 please.

No one has ever seen a cell in a human body? Lmfao.

In all seriousness, I’m tapping out, too. See y’all at the Rock Show.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 pm

Anthony Fauci has never asked me for 50 bucks. I don’t love the guy but I’ll give him that much.
He is using the trillions of fresh debt, so we are all paying for it.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

From a year ago.....oof

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

LBRod wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:23 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:49 pm

Article I, Section 8 wrote:"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

To borrow money on the credit of the United States..."
Okay, for real tapping out now :lol: I take your point. I won't be buying Fauci's book when it comes out, either.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
I have seen it happening in real time, but I still don't understand how Fauci has become this all powerful boogeyman. As MM notes, he has nothing to do with spending bills. He also has nothing to do w/ state COVID responses, vaccine rollouts and plans or pretty much anything. I think it's worth keeping in mind that whatever influence he has comes from only 2 places:

1. His ability to influence wide swaths of people with the quality of his advice, expertise and analysis aka his credibility.
2. The obvious comparison between him and a moron president who completely lacked credibility and left a leadership vacuum.

That's it. He has no staff, budget or title to do at least half the things he is credited with/blamed for and for sure he didn't impose taxes on anyone or spend anyone's tax dollars outside his own small slice of the federal government budget.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:07 pm
LBRod wrote:
I have seen it happening in real time, but I still don't understand how Fauci has become this all powerful boogeyman. As MM notes, he has nothing to do with spending bills. He also has nothing to do w/ state COVID responses, vaccine rollouts and plans or pretty much anything. I think it's worth keeping in mind that whatever influence he has comes from only 2 places:

1. His ability to influence wide swaths of people with the quality of his advice, expertise and analysis aka his credibility.
2. The obvious comparison between him and a moron president who completely lacked credibility and left a leadership vacuum.

That's it. He has no staff, budget or title to do at least half the things he is credited with/blamed for and for sure he didn't impose taxes on anyone or spend anyone's tax dollars outside his own small slice of the federal government budget.
He crossed and continues to cross Trump, and for many, provided a crucial counterbalance of honesty, science and inconvenient truths in the early stages of the pandemic. He is certainly not the great hero many have made him out to be, but he came off as one when compared to Trump and his followers/enablers during the height of the pandemic. Trump, for all his serious flaws, faults and general lack of awareness, did recognize Fauci was a threat to him as more Americans began turning to him for information and advice on how to proceed with regards to the virus. So, Trump did what he always does with those he feels have crossed him and started an anti-Fauci smear campaign, which all the usual conservative outlets gladly amplified for him. Fauci is a convenient and tangible target for those who are anti-mask, anti-vax and seems to have garnered the ire of those who oppose being told (really more logic-based recommendations) what to do and/or how to proceed with their lives. People love a human villain. It's easier than railing against a system or department.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

if you ever wanted to see a forensic dismantling of an anti-vaxxer's ludicrous claims, look no further (this is from 3 months ago and if anything, Berenson's claims have gotten more ridiculous in the face of data):
The case for the vaccines is built upon a firm foundation of scientific discovery, clinical-trial data, and real-world evidence. The case against the vaccines wobbles because it is built upon a steaming pile of bullshit.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... an/618475/

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/on-b ... -colorado/

Hey zip were you part of this journalistic cesspool that’s trying to blame gatherings for killing people? Look I know you’re mad that DBT never comes to Columbus or whatever, but like, I’m really looking forward to Salt Lake, and I know what your thinking, we can’t have nice things because I won’t get vaccinated, but please get it through your thick skull that not everyone is—deal with that if you can. It’s a fact. A maga meme doesn’t stop the facts. —I don’t care if you hate me or think I’m dumb,
I just don’t think I’m the reason we can’t have nice things. If you’re scared stay home. If you’re high risk and can’t access the vaccine that freaking blows and that should be up to the individual not dr Karen. Otherwise stop blanketing everyone. It’s not gonna work anyways. Deal with that fact. Lockdown orders will not work. Folks ain’t down with lockdown and plenty of people aren’t getting vaxxed. Deal. Call me anti whatever. Fine. You still aren’t dealing with reality.
I’d really like to go to salt lake with my daughter but, what if it turns into a super spreader? What’s the vax rate in Utah? DBT probably couldn’t handle that on their concience am I right? They may as well cancel eh? It wouldn’t surprise me at this point but I know. It’s my own damn fault for not getting vaxxed. Ok.
If that happens I’ll be fine. Not really disappointed because I’m already disappointed in the blanket of action that led to them going off tour which was bullshit in the first place, as it didn’t work. The shit is everywhere.
Thankful to be able to go on with my life without needing entertainment because I spend most days exclusively outside.
So whatever zip go for it. Keep spreading the fear and blaming the anti vaxxers as you call them and we shall see What good that does. 5 years from now you’ll still be shaking your fist at the dumb dumbs who are going about there Lives. Probably from your basement. Meanwhile me and many others will still be unvaxxed and healthy farming or gardening, hiking. Getting sun. Hugging people around us. Btw even here in fear city, is have several friends that I hug nearly daily, and they know I’m not vaxxed. Some of them are. Some of them aren’t. But they are all damn sued over the business of separation or any one size fits all approach.

Mississippi? Really zip? We already know that’s an unhealthy state. Who you want me to listen to? The state health official or Mississippi? How he doing? What’s on his resume? Could he walk a mile without dropping? No. Neither could fauci.
Oh but the real dumb dumbs are the ones attending a country music fest? Hey I know In this case that’s probably true like kid rock and Morgan wallen it’s not a good look. But it’s a fact. Fact is people gonna people. And that includes not vaxxing and gathering in large numbers and contacting other humans. The opposite of what fauci been recommending since 1983. Separate. Mother fuckers. So long as you are without community You’re weak in mind and body which makes you susceptible to disease.
But sure. Hole up alone and judge those who don’t. Good luck with that.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:43 pm
https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/on-b ... -colorado/

Hey zip were you part of this journalistic cesspool that’s trying to blame gatherings for killing people? Look I know you’re mad that DBT never comes to Columbus or whatever, but like, I’m really looking forward to Salt Lake, and I know what your thinking, we can’t have nice things because I won’t get vaccinated, but please get it through your thick skull that not everyone is—deal with that if you can. It’s a fact. A maga meme doesn’t stop the facts. —I don’t care if you hate me or think I’m dumb,
I just don’t think I’m the reason we can’t have nice things. If you’re scared stay home. If you’re high risk and can’t access the vaccine that freaking blows and that should be up to the individual not dr Karen. Otherwise stop blanketing everyone. It’s not gonna work anyways. Deal with that fact. Lockdown orders will not work. Folks ain’t down with lockdown and plenty of people aren’t getting vaxxed. Deal. Call me anti whatever. Fine. You still aren’t dealing with reality.
I’d really like to go to salt lake with my daughter but, what if it turns into a super spreader? What’s the vax rate in Utah? DBT probably couldn’t handle that on their concience am I right? They may as well cancel eh? It wouldn’t surprise me at this point but I know. It’s my own damn fault for not getting vaxxed. Ok.
If that happens I’ll be fine. Not really disappointed because I’m already disappointed in the blanket of action that led to them going off tour which was bullshit in the first place, as it didn’t work. The shit is everywhere.
Thankful to be able to go on with my life without needing entertainment because I spend most days exclusively outside.
So whatever zip go for it. Keep spreading the fear and blaming the anti vaxxers as you call them and we shall see What good that does. 5 years from now you’ll still be shaking your fist at the dumb dumbs who are going about there Lives. Probably from your basement. Meanwhile me and many others will still be unvaxxed and healthy farming or gardening, hiking. Getting sun. Hugging people around us. Btw even here in fear city, is have several friends that I hug nearly daily, and they know I’m not vaxxed. Some of them are. Some of them aren’t. But they are all damn sued over the business of separation or any one size fits all approach.

Mississippi? Really zip? We already know that’s an unhealthy state. Who you want me to listen to? The state health official or Mississippi? How he doing? What’s on his resume? Could he walk a mile without dropping? No. Neither could fauci.
Oh but the real dumb dumbs are the ones attending a country music fest? Hey I know In this case that’s probably true like kid rock and Morgan wallen it’s not a good look. But it’s a fact. Fact is people gonna people. And that includes not vaxxing and gathering in large numbers and contacting other humans. The opposite of what fauci been recommending since 1983. Separate. Mother fuckers. So long as you are without community You’re weak in mind and body which makes you susceptible to disease.
But sure. Hole up alone and judge those who don’t. Good luck with that.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/covid-c ... reads.html
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Since your so concerned about these kids are you wondering if they have access to a few things that have proven to alleviate symptoms but were vilified for political reasons by the agenda over truth brigade? Just checking.
No you’re not because you are about agenda over truth. You’d let your own kid suffer because Trump said it. That’s fucked up. “Sweetie I know you’re suffering but Trump is a bad person and whatnot. You understand”. Is that so far off? Unfortunately I don’t think so.
It’s a blatantly disrespectful act to those who are suffering and I hope I’m wrong about you.
Oh I know I’m the disrespectful one for not getting vaccinated, even though If you’re vaxxed you’re protected. I know I know. I might kill that person who can’t get vaxxed and has a terminal disease. Damn that sucks because I was just about to walk into the cancer ward and start coughing on mother fuckers.
This is where it goes when you start deciding who’s a compassionate and or an altruistic human and who’s not and why.
And it still doesn’t deal with facts.
No. You love just in case science right?
Just in case wear a mask. Just in case quit touring. Just in case don’t hug your gramma.
Ok then why not just in case HCQ and ivermectin help we should float out all kinds of info and make it available and let the people decide. Perhaps 12 kids in Mississippi would be thankful right now. No? No. Why not? Because agenda over truth. That’s why not.
You’d rather literally keep people ignorant at any cost instead of letting people have access to info and tools that might help.
And you wonder why these tactics aren’t effective. That’s what’s hilarious.
You have Greta what’s her name now pairing up with some criminal rapper also trying to scare me into vaxxing. That’s your message from your team. Greta. Fauci. The health guy from Mississippi. Mr untouchable and mr original Biden. And tons of other people who’s lives are so different than mine I have no reason to take there advice———-like my one uncle, the only one out of literally dozens in are family who is vaccinated and advocating everyone else to, which had only slightly annoyed everyone because it’s just cute———everone in the family had it and was fine but him. We’ve all watched him sit on his ass for the last 25 years guzzling wine and eating cheese and not ever getting off his ass. He couldn’t breath for shit before Covid. How could he? Why could he? No reason.
Sorry uncle You’re a fucking badass and veteran And you’re one of my favorite people on earth——we sit and shoot the shit for hours. But I ain’t taking any medical or lifestyle advice from him or anyone else I named. I’ll take it from those that understand how sticking your hands in the dirt everyday and being around others is literally good health. Not hand sanitizer and avoiding others. That’s illness. We are seeing that in real time.
But all you have to say is just fucking vax. It’s weak sauce and it’s not helpful.

Reminds me of all the ways they tried to convert me to Christianity all growing up. They told me that you liberals were not good people. They told me I was going to hell if I didn’t accept Jesus. They said just do it. Just give up your heart without asking questions.
The fear tactic. The, don’t question it just do it tactic. The, it makes you a better person than them others tactic. None of that shit worked on me. It didn’t help that these messages were coming from people I was realizing were total hypocrites that were cheerleaders and team players and just divisive fuckers that pissed me off and I was only in 5th grade when I “woke” to all of it on my own.
Y’all be changing your stories and cheerleading, not truth seeking but pushing narratives for the sake of your denomination and I see right through it. I will not partake in hiding truths to look better, I’m trying to raise a kid to think for herself not be a cheerleader. There’s nothing I love more than a pig. Nothing I hate more than putting lipstick on a pig. Still a pig. Which you hate because they are disgusting right?
Truth hurts. Lies destroy. You could have said it was a pig but no you lied.
And perhaps you wouldn’t be so offended at finding out it’s a fucking pig if you weren’t so intolerant to disgustingness in the first place, like say, Hitler, who took 5 baths a day and also wanted everyone to conform to him. Ironic? Don’t think so.
Filth is purity. As it turns out. But you and hitler keep washing up and wondering why not everyone thinks like you.
Oh hey are you one of the journalists that’s been appropriating the word freedom to mean anti government? That would actually make sense.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:09 pm

Since your so concerned about these kids are you wondering if they have access to a few things that have proven to alleviate symptoms but were vilified for political reasons by the agenda over truth brigade? Just checking.
*** you're ***
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:19 pm
boyyourself wrote:

*** you're ***

Your welcome

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

This isn’t the “boyyourself rants against the world” thread. I’m not interested in your venting.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:08 pm
This isn’t the “boyyourself rants against the world” thread. I’m not interested in your venting.

Well, bye. But you won’t leave. You can’t quit me zip. CNN lost half its viewers after the Trumper lost, are you one of em
Zip? Lost without your villain to be against because you can’t even remember pre 2017 when you couldn’t go to a Trump meme to replace a thought using words. Well hey it’s ok you got me to fall back on, calling it like I see it instead of trained by my phone—-your worst nightmare and apparently one of your main hobbies. You need me like cnn needs Trump and thats pretty sad. I’m not against you and have not joined any against movement. That would be you.
I call bs when I see it. That doesn’t make me for or against anything. See the difference? Likely not.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Am I your villain/boogeyman now? I thought that was Dr. Fauci?

If it makes you feel better to project all of your anger onto me, go at it. I'm not reading any of it.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:46 pm

If it makes you feel better to project all of your anger onto me, go at it. I'm not reading any of it.

None of that is true and you’re giving yourself way too much credit. Any is too much. Perhaps you represent the heel but it’s more like something stuck to my shoe.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:43 pm
Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:46 pm

None of that is true and you’re giving yourself way too much credit. Any is too much. Perhaps you represent the heel but it’s more like something stuck to my shoe.

I'm not giving myself any credit. All I'm seeing is you project all of your hatred around the issue onto me, saying that I've said or believe a ludicrous list of things that I've never said.

So again, if you need me (or my screen name on a random message board) to be your punching bag around COVID, knock yourself out. I'm not reading your tantrums

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Looks like Zip found a new LJ to have never-ending arguments with.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

cortez the killer wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:39 pm
:lol: :lol: :roll:
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Ok then why not just in case HCQ and ivermectin help we should float out all kinds of info and make it available and let the people decide.
"Float out all kinds of info"? Meaning true, false, speculative, uninformed, scientific, anecdotal, tested, untested? Yeah, that's a good method for determining best medical treatments. I may not distrust government as much as you, but I distrust it plenty. But as between government regulation of medicines based on rigorous scientific studies and simply throwing a bunch of undifferentiated, unreviewed, unexamined commentary and speculation against the wall, I'll take the government every time.

Let the people decide? Like laetrile? I may not distrust the government as much as you, but I distrust it plenty. But as between government regulation of medicines based on rigorous scientific studies and letting the people decide? I'll take the government every time. Any COVID patient who doesn't trust experts like doctors or institutions like hospitals or big business like big pharma or big government like the FDA but does trust "the people" and "all kinds of info floated out there" is welcome to leave the hospital and self-treat w/ hydroxychloroquine. I have no idea how many people have chosen that path, but I'm guessing the number is vanishingly small. It seems to me that "the people" have already decided so what's your point?

Why is it that the same people who won't get vaccinated against COVID because the vaccines allegedly have not been adequately tested (despite multiple verified clinical tests) are so eager to use unproven drugs like hydroxychloroquine? Is it "because Trump said it"?

The 2 clinical tests I found reported for hydroxy, one in the Journal of the American Medical Association (April 2021) and one by the NIH (November 2020) found that there is no clinical benefit from treating hospitalized COVID patients w/ hydroxychloroquine. A third study at Mass General Brigham Hospital and published in the Lancet (May 2020) found no positive impact on COVID death rates from hydroxy. “If anything, patients had a higher likelihood of death. We also saw a quadrupling in the rate of significant ventricular arrhythmias in patients with COVID-19 who had been treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine regimens.” Should testing continue? Sure. Might the drug have benefits when used in different ways or in different combinations or for certain populations? Possibly. But what do we know today? We know hydroxychloroquine doesn't work and has identifiable risks.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

cortez the killer wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:39 pm

LJ wasn’t as much of a Karen as this guy.