The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Clams »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 pm
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:13 pm
Wed May 12, 2021 1:46 pm
take it easy on me... i am now trying to process what a 'boner pill rude' is!
A boner lasting more than four hours.
i haven't reached four hours yet, but when i do (and i will) I'll be sure to whisper it to the 3DD FFL
Oh no, not again :shock:
If you don't run you rust

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:51 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:16 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Sorry I’m not a slick keyboarder like you bubba
I’ll try harder for steel

Y’all gettin personal in the middle of a perfectly fine discussion used to piss me off but now it cracks me up. I call that evolution on a budget. How’s that Bubba
I was needling tinnitus, not you, and anyway it was typical giving someone shit for not being totally up on their dbt lyrics on a dbt fan site, not getting personal towards anyone. Among many other faux pas over the years I once congratulated littlemamma for some clever poetry which turned out to be a quote from "women without whiskey" and credited a Van Halen song to Kiss. The shit I caught for each mistake was totally appropriate. It was that way before the internet, it is still that way, I suspect it will always be that way and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I don't even know what "I'll try harder for steel" means.

As I said, I wasn't being personal in any way, shape or form and don't really get why you thought I was, but coming where I understand you to be coming from that "evolution on a budget" line is pretty good.

I talked before I thought. My bad

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

oilpiers wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:48 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:27 am
Here in San Miguel County we’ve had zero COVID deaths. Zero. Even after an influx of tens of thousands of tourists in the last year. Yet Tellurude remains the most restrictive towns I know about.
And you’re likely to catch a trophy tale wife around here spewing something like...”can you believe those dummies down in Montrose are socializing and not masking up?”
Actually yes I can sweetheart, they’re busy growing your sweet potatoes and kale to power your yoga and ski turns. But if it makes you feel smarter and more informed, vilify those that produce for you who need to get on with their lives. Or actually never shut their lives down.
You live in my favorite part of the contiguous states. The western Rockies blow away the eastern ranges. Never been there in winter, but anything between Glenwood Springs and Durango is fantastic in the summer. Personal favorite is Kebler Pass.

Yeah it’s nice out here. Although from here it’s nice to travel to the Eastern sierras for climbing on that super clean granite. The rock quality in the San Juans is shit but the skiing is superb.
And obviously summer is incredible here with so many recreational possibilities....

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

LBRod wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:59 am
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:13 pm

A boner lasting more than four hours.
i haven't reached four hours yet, but when i do (and i will) I'll be sure to whisper it to the 3DD FFL
Finally something to look forward to. 🤪
:lol:

Clams

Post by Clams »

Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 am
LBRod wrote:

:lol: :lol:
If you don't run you rust

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 am
LBRod wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:46 pm
If the venn diagram between the people who aren't getting vaccinated and the people who eat a lot of mcdonalds has a lot of overlap, I don't see the problem. Put the message where it needs to be seen most.

Because we care about lives? If that’s case, then where is the messaging on building immune systems? Preventing obesity and heart disease?
It’s nowhere to be found.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:58 am
Zip City wrote:
If the venn diagram between the people who aren't getting vaccinated and the people who eat a lot of mcdonalds has a lot of overlap, I don't see the problem. Put the message where it needs to be seen most.

Because we care about lives? If that’s case, then where is the messaging on building immune systems? Preventing obesity and heart disease?
It's all about the benjamins - PT Barnum, true father of the country

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:58 am
Zip City wrote:

Again, these are not mutually exclusive things. Promoting vaccines does not mean that better health can’t be promoted as well
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Don’t you think a year from now you’ll be getting messaging all over the place that you should now be getting your yearly COVID shot?
And on and on.
Yet no messaging out there to help people prepare themselves if something like this happens again. Which it likely will. Hey. No worries. Get a vaccine for the next strain.
It doesn’t seem like a wacky notion that the government or big pharma needs you to be dependent. Millions of people don’t want to be in that boat.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:24 am
Don’t you think a year from now you’ll be getting messaging all over the place that you should now be getting your yearly COVID shot?
And on and on.
Yet no messaging out there to help people prepare themselves if something like this happens again. Which it likely will. Hey. No worries. Get a vaccine for the next strain.
It doesn’t seem like a wacky notion that the government or big pharma needs you to be dependent. Millions of people don’t want to be in that boat.
Is the government “controlling” us with yearly flu shots? What exactly would they gain from giving boosters? This is some high level conspiracy shit

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Zip City wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:28 am
boyyourself wrote:
And on and on.
Is the government “controlling” us with yearly flu shots? What exactly would they gain from giving boosters? This is some high level conspiracy shit
Bill Gates has a lot of time on his hands now, haha. ;)

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
And on and on.
And on and on.
---Yes, very likely, unless more people get vaxxed and we can eliminate it. Will likely be similar to an annual flu shot. This IS part of keeping healthy, just like brushing your teeth or eating your greens. Getting vaxxed is part of a healthy lifestyle.

----Maybe we have learned some lessons here? Better prepare our infrastructure to handle the next one? I'd guess that people are going to habitually wash their hands more often (I know I do). I would hope that more people wear a mask in public if you aren't feeling well and have to go out. If we learn anything here, it might be about how to live healthier together. That means fewer illnesses all around. Here's hoping.....

---It does seems wacky that they would use or exacerbate a world-wide pandemic for these purposes. Additionally, if a vaccine is needed where else should we turn to? Government and big pharma SHOULD be relied upon in these cases. Finally - if you are concerned about long term dependence on a Coivd vaccine/booster....get the damn vaccine. :D We can't eradicate Covid (like smallpox) if there is a large part of the population unwilling to get stuck.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
And on and on.

Following the money doesn’t seem particularly high level.
It’s sort of the opposite parenting where you just want your kid to be healthy and happy.......that’s not what’s going on here......it’s the opposite.
Its helicopter mom shit but with government AND corporations together.
Programming you what to think.
I think the fact that McDonald’s sales rose during COVID is a fucking pandemic

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:58 am

Agree..gross. But, conversely, aren't you happy that fly rods, kayaks, camping gear and bicycles are hard to find these days?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Zip City wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
And on and on.

It’s sort of the opposite parenting where you just want your kid to be healthy and happy.......that’s not what’s going on here......it’s the opposite.
Why take medicine at all? Do you not take Ibuprofen or vitamins?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Agree..gross. But, conversely, aren't you happy that fly rods, kayaks, camping gear and bicycles are hard to find these days?

Hundred percent

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Zip City wrote:

Why take medicine at all? Do you not take Ibuprofen or vitamins?
I don't. Or flu shots. I got the Pfizer double tap so I can go see live music.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

225th anniversary of Edward Jenner discovering a vaccine for smallpox was just the other day.

(Fuck that asshole for denying us the freedom to get smallpox. Etc.)

I suppose the way to look at it is that vaccines stimulate your own immune system. They don't do something outlandish, they just give your own defences a kick start.

Giving your immune system a kick start isn't "natural"? Ok, maybe. But then all the alternative health types who take various juices, berries and supplements to "kick start the immune system" also need to sit the fuck down.

Get your vaccine folks. I would like to see DBT live (ideally in the states) a lot more than i have in the past year.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’d consider vaccinating for COVID if it was anywhere close to being in the same league as small pox. But it’s not. So I won’t.

And folks don’t think about think about their health other than masks and vaccines can sit the fuck down. No literally that’s all the can do.

How to not be high risk is just un pc anyways. Way more convenient to encourage masking and vaccinating than how to boost immunity.

How bout this from one a leader like Biden——“those of you with low zinc levels and low vitamin D levels and who are obese are Neanderthal in their thinking.”
No? Doesn’t really fit the pharmaceutical is our best option narrative. And we all bought it.
15 billion in Pfizer’s pocket this year.
Talk to me about all cause mortality in the next few years. Oh shit I forgot we don’t talk about that

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

305 Engine wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:49 am
225th anniversary of Edward Jenner discovering a vaccine for smallpox was just the other day.

I suppose the way to look at it is that vaccines stimulate your own immune system. They don't do something outlandish, they just give your own defences a kick start.

Giving your immune system a kick start isn't "natural"? Ok, maybe. But then all the alternative health types who take various juices, berries and supplements to "kick start the immune system" also need to sit the fuck down.

Get your vaccine folks. I would like to see DBT live (ideally in the states) a lot more than i have in the past year.

I mean I don’t agree with supplements or vaccines for immune boosters, but to criticize those that are trying doesn’t seem helpful.
Not only is it not trendy for info to be spreading about how to be healthier, you’re gonna villify it?

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:07 pm
I’d consider vaccinating for COVID if it was anywhere close to being in the same league as small pox. But it’s not. So I won’t.

And folks don’t think about think about their health other than masks and vaccines can sit the fuck down. No literally that’s all the can do.

How to not be high risk is just un pc anyways. Way more convenient to encourage masking and vaccinating than how to boost immunity.

How bout this from one a leader like Biden——“those of you with low zinc levels and low vitamin D levels and who are obese are Neanderthal in their thinking.”
No? Doesn’t really fit the pharmaceutical is our best option narrative. And we all bought it.
15 billion in Pfizer’s pocket this year.
Talk to me about all cause mortality in the next few years. Oh shit I forgot we don’t talk about that
Corona has killed 3 million worldwide in just over 2 years. Smallpox is estimated to have killed 300 million over the 100 years of the 20th century. So I guess corona is in the big leagues now.

You do you but you have to take the disease on its own terms rather than use "well other people dont take being a fat ass seriously" as a reason not to. Because isnt the reverse true? If you dont take covid seriously you're taking the same view as the processed burger junkies you disapprove of.
Last edited by 305 Engine on Sun May 16, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:33 pm
305 Engine wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:49 am

I mean I don’t agree with supplements or vaccines for immune boosters, but to criticize those that are trying doesn’t seem helpful.
Not only is it not trendy for info to be spreading about how to be healthier, you’re gonna villify it?
For the record, my own diet is pretty fucking healthy and I take supplements. I'm sceptical of people who think certain "superfoods" "boost the immune system" and theres a shit tonne of weird marketing involved in that walk of life but I cant villify it because to some extent I buy into it.

I know you're a man in favour of no processed foods and eating clean and I am all on board so we're in agreement there.

But I do want to point out clear contradictions in the anti vax stances. The arguments for being vaccinated are actually identical to many arguments within the alternative health and healthy eating communities.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’m with you on these bs super berries and what not.
What is anti vax? Opposed to all vaccines? Opposed to vaccine mandates?

My own story is very dual itself as I am basically a model for wellness and illness. I’m diet was so shitty growing up that I got gout at 25. From sugar to beer. Then I I kept drinking for another 20 years and suffering. The medications quit working long ago but how could they work? The booze was too offsetting. Tinnitus called me dumb in another thread and I can’t actually sit here and disagree with that. I’ve treated my body more poorly than anyone know I know actually. It’s nothing shy of luck that I’m still here(I know we can all say that but I’ve been extra uncautious) let alone upright and healthy with most of my issues mitigated. Hasn’t been easy but it was all self inflicted. Well accept for early childhood stuff that was easily preventable but can’t blame my parents.....these boomers didn’t know any better.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

This is truly hard to argue with...
https://www.alternet.org/2021/05/qanon-shaman/

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

oilpiers wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 pm
I'm reserving "Short-Bus People" as a future band name.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

oilpiers wrote:
That is a really compelling and honest quote. Yet, ignorance isn't a acceptable legal excuse, particularly in cases of Insurrection.

My idea for a solution:
1) Take the punishment
2) Avoid the punishment by successfully passing an AP level History and Government class.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:12 pm
oilpiers wrote:
That is a really compelling and honest quote. Yet, ignorance isn't a acceptable legal excuse, particularly in cases of Insurrection.

My idea for a solution:
1) Take the punishment
2) Avoid the punishment by successfully passing an AP level History and Government class.
I agree. I just had to post a story where the attorney for a tRump supporter characterized a large portion of them as "fuckin retarded".

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

And we just made the jump from capitol rioter to Trump supporter. From dozens to over 70 million.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

LBRod wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:20 pm
And we just made the jump from capitol rioter to Trump supporter. From dozens to over 70 million.

Propagandized until you can no longer think laterally is the real pandemic.