The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

"Was Jonas Noreika a monster who slaughtered thousands of Jews or a hero who fought to save his country from the Communists?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/opin ... 28&segment
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Trump supporters-This new administration in conjunction with big tech is a clear and present threat to our liberty and must be stopped.

Biden supporters-The old administration was the worst thing in our nation’s history. Anyone and everyone who supported and supports it must be dealt with and punished and we must never let those people win another election. By any means necessary.

Me-Stop using the government as a weapon to coerce, regulate, and punish people you don’t like. Leave people alone.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

The oversimplified Biden supporters take is one incomplete sentence too long.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

cortez the killer

The real question is how many welshed on a bet?
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:56 pm
:lol:

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:35 pm
cortez the killer wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:56 pm
:lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

cortez the killer wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:16 pm
The oversimplified Biden supporters take is one incomplete sentence too long.
If you voted Trump you supported the capital stormers and you're a racist homophobe.

Fixed it for ya Cole.

And was there really just one security guard guarding our entire government?
Is anyone awake at all?

cortez the killer

- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:49 pm
Trump supporters-This new administration in conjunction with big tech is a clear and present threat to our liberty and must be stopped.

Biden supporters-The old administration was the worst thing in our nation’s history. Anyone and everyone who supported and supports it must be dealt with and punished and we must never let those people win another election. By any means necessary.

Me-Stop using the government as a weapon to coerce, regulate, and punish people you don’t like. Leave people alone.
Are you advocating for a complete lack of laws? Because that's what this reads like. I'm guessing you aren't, but most of the reason people want to stop the Trump administration from ever getting back into power is due to their naked attempt to completely usurp the government. Not because they don't "like" them.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:
They have a point, even though they're wrong. The potential for tyranny via tech monopoly and intrusive technology is massive, and it only gets worse when it's supercharged by government partnerships. Trump's Justice Department was right to start up anti-trust charges against Amazon. More, please.
Cole Younger wrote:
...we must never let those people win another election.
When they lost an election, they took an incompetent but sincere shot at taking down the government, so I'm highly interested in keeping their main man from running for President again, since they like to rule win or lose, and I'd like to kick his congresshenches who support that plan out with him.

Republican Leninists. Is this a great country or what?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

will honey booboo be old enough to run? those blockheads love reality tv stars.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Here's my guess.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

cortez the killer

LBRod wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Here's my guess.
Sarah Palin 2.0
- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:49 pm
LBRod wrote:

Here's my guess.
Sarah Palin 2.0
The only difference is she can't see Russia from her back yard.

But she can probably see Nebraska.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Four years is a long time. Guesses are fun.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:19 pm
Four years is a long time. Guesses are fun.
It will be interesting to see how this whole coronavirus experience will be viewed by then. She is certainly identified with one approach.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Iowan wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:36 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Are you advocating for a complete lack of laws? Because that's what this reads like. I'm guessing you aren't, but most of the reason people want to stop the Trump administration from ever getting back into power is due to their naked attempt to completely usurp the government. Not because they don't "like" them.

John A Arkansawyer

I'll be completely honest: I think this is hot as hell. If that showed up at my house, I sure wouldn't kick it out for eating petrochemicals in bed!
LBRod wrote:

Here's my guess.
But the woman? Her I'm not so sure about.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Iowan wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

I don’t know how you could read that and come away with “he wants anarchy” but I think we’re probably headed there anyway whether I want it or not.

As to the second point, bullshit. They are in the midst of their own naked grab for power. That doesn’t bother them. They just want to be the ones who end up with the power. Just as every criticism of Marjory Taylor Green is a description of Ilhan Omar and “Reverand” Raphael Warnock, every criticism of Trumpsters is a description of Corn Pop’s merry band of resistors. As someone who loves comedy of the absurd these are hilarious times. The same people who cheered on the riots all summer are still pearl clutching over a slow walk through the White House by a group of D List barbarians. The same people who have cried like little girls with a skinned knee about how the 2016 election was supposedly stolen are now saying American elections can’t be stolen. The same people who whined about Orange Man being a mental defective are whistling past the graveyard about having placed an addled old buffoon in power. The same people who act as if their is a klansman hiding behind every bush are perfectly OK with this idea that white people should have to apologize for being white.

People are full of shit and if they were honest they would just say what they really care about is their side having a total grip on power forever and they want to use it to crush anyone they don’t like. That’s the truth. After screaming “Resist!” for four years now the same people call for “healing” and “unity”. It’s bullshit. It’s funny though.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I'm glad you find humor in these notions Cole. I'm not sure if I do but I'm trying.
Resist! So long as you resist what I say is ok to resist. And let's all unify so long as you all agree with me. Those are battle lines, not unifiers.

And I appreciate you bringing up people that seem like sacred cows. Ilhan Omar? Ugh. This person wants men who transgender to women to be able to compete against women in sports like weightlifting. Wtf? Folks this ain't political, it's personal (always thankful to Patterson for that).
I'm trying to empower my own daughter. Have been since she hit the ground running almost 14 years ago. How the hell is this bullshit empowering to women? It seems like a low hanging fruit to even mention. But I live in a very very very liberal place with vocal women including my daughter, which I love. Liberals ( I'm generalizing for the sake of congersstion) can't criticize Omar for this shit? Oh well I will as again, I'm trying to empower my daughter. And I'm thankful that she gets to at least be exposed to multiple perspectives, and she's more worldly than most adults I know. I think we need tribe, but tribalism seems quite dangerous to me.

And how bout this since I'm here, then I'm off to Gunnison for hockey. Hockey, now that's empowering to women. I don't think you NEED a sport like that to encourage and promote teamwork, feel strong in your body, have a sense of purpose, but it sure helps. Especially living in a town like this where you literally still get shamed for socializing.

Quick story regarding my ex wife, who I love and respect as a person and a mother btw......she texted me and asked if the kid and I were going to watch the inauguration. I wasn't even thinking about it so I said no.
She said I wouldn't understand because I don't have a vagina, and that we need to celebrate having a female VP, because it's empowering to women.
So I asked her if she'd be saying the same thing if it were Sarah Palin. No. She said. Not all vaginas are created equal.
I appreciated her being honest about her blatant and disempowering hypocrisy, then I showed my daughter the text stream, because I don't hide the truth from her. And I thought she could benefit from processing this stuff. It reminds me of when super woman came out a few years ago and I heard it was empowering to women so we went. Silly me. What the hell is empowering about a magic rope?
And how is it empowering to women to allow transgender athletes to compete against them?

John A Arkansawyer

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:06 am
“Reverend” Raphael Warnock
If you plan to dispute whether he is legitimately a minister or not, we will have words over it, brother.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Cole Younger wrote:
Iowan wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

I don’t know how you could read that and come away with “he wants anarchy” but I think we’re probably headed there anyway whether I want it or not.

As to the second point, bullshit. They are in the midst of their own naked grab for power. That doesn’t bother them. They just want to be the ones who end up with the power. Just as every criticism of Marjory Taylor Green is a description of Ilhan Omar and “Reverand” Raphael Warnock, every criticism of Trumpsters is a description of Corn Pop’s merry band of resistors. As someone who loves comedy of the absurd these are hilarious times. The same people who cheered on the riots all summer are still pearl clutching over a slow walk through the White House by a group of D List barbarians. The same people who have cried like little girls with a skinned knee about how the 2016 election was supposedly stolen are now saying American elections can’t be stolen. The same people who whined about Orange Man being a mental defective are whistling past the graveyard about having placed an addled old buffoon in power. The same people who act as if their is a klansman hiding behind every bush are perfectly OK with this idea that white people should have to apologize for being white.

People are full of shit and if they were honest they would just say what they really care about is their side having a total grip on power forever and they want to use it to crush anyone they don’t like. That’s the truth. After screaming “Resist!” for four years now the same people call for “healing” and “unity”. It’s bullshit. It’s funny though.
Using the government to punish to people is literally the entire end result of all laws. If the government never punishes people, we quite literally become lawless. You literally said the government should stop punishing people, did you not?

A lot of what you're saying here seems like perceptions you're seeing "out there" that aren't based in reality. Who really cheered on the riots outside of their participants? I don't personally know any liberals that did. I know a lot of conservatives however that think the election was stolen and any force necessary to take it back is fine and dandy. Literally NO ONE said that the 2016 election was stolen. They said that a system that allows someone to get that many fewer votes and still be the winner is flawed. That is COMPLETELY different than saying that people the scenes manipulated the outcome and changed votes to install the candidate of their choice.

What slow walk through the White House are you talking about? Are you talking about the crowd that violently stormed the capitol building looking to kill Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence? That were there quite literally to stop the government from doing it's constitutional duty? Look, looting a tire store is bad. But trying to overthrow the government is worse. Do you really not see the difference, or are you just being obtuse because one set of people annoys you more than the other?

As someone who leans left of center, I find a lot of shit liberals do annoying and stupid. The idea that trans folks should compete in their new gender is fucking ridiculous and anti-science. If I get labeled "transphobic", so be it. I fully support the rights of people who transition to live a normal life, but unless we stop dividing sports on the basis of sex, it's inherently unfair. I think Ilhan Omar is a clown - she has made some insanely tone deaf comments in her time in Washington. She was elected because the uber liberal Minneapolis hipsters wanted to pat themselves on the back for electing a black Muslim woman. That's it. That said, she isn't out there inciting an insurrection and trying to destroy American democracy, so even though I think she says a lot of things I don't agree with, I don't see how she's anywhere near the threat to our society that Orange Man is. She's just wrong.

And I've never once in my life been told I need to apologize for being white. That's a fucking stupid idea, and I hear conservatives bring it up all the time because some nutjob professor in some private college on the west coast went on Fox News and spewed it, and now they all think that's what the "left" is trying to do. If you think the things you've brought up in this post are what liberals believe in or want, you should probably talk to more liberals.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Iowan wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:51 pm
If you think the things you've brought up in this post are what liberals believe in or want, you should probably talk to more liberals.
Classic.
Iowan wrote:
As someone who leans left of center, I find a lot of shit liberals do annoying and stupid. The idea that trans folks should compete in their new gender is fucking ridiculous and anti-science. If I get labeled "transphobic", so be it. I fully support the rights of people who transition to live a normal life, but unless we stop dividing sports on the basis of sex, it's inherently unfair. I think Ilhan Omar is a clown - she has made some insanely tone deaf comments in her time in Washington. She was elected because the uber liberal Minneapolis hipsters wanted to pat themselves on the back for electing a black Muslim woman. That's it. That said, she isn't out there inciting an insurrection and trying to destroy American democracy, so even though I think she says a lot of things I don't agree with, I don't see how she's anywhere near the threat to our society that Orange Man is. She's just wrong.
This.
Iowan wrote:
And I've never once in my life been told I need to apologize for being white. That's a fucking stupid idea, and I hear conservatives bring it up all the time because some nutjob professor in some private college on the west coast went on Fox News and spewed it, and now they all think that's what the "left" is trying to do.
I didn't even know this was a "thing." Bizarre. Needless to say, I've never been told I need to apologize for being white, nor have I ever done so.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
They are in the midst of their own naked grab for power. That doesn’t bother them. They just want to be the ones who end up with the power.

There is more truth to this than many liberals/lefties will admit.

But that truth is gonna continue to be buried if you continue to surround it with insupportable allegations. Iowan covered a lot of it but let me add a few more observations:

As far as I know, every time Ilhan Omar says something truly outrageous (as opposed to just garden variety stupid) she gets called on it by Democrats, liberals and lefties. And she generally apologizes. Compare and contrast to MTG who has made even more outrageous statements (killing elected officials?! Really? You want to get behind that? Jewish space lasers? The only choice there is to be aghast about the tin hat science fiction bullshit or to be outraged at the base anti-Semitism) and either doubles down or blames facebook for making her do it. That the Republican Party has not condemned or officially distanced itself from her more outrageous statements and conducts is pathetic and there is nothing, NOTHING comparable on the Democratic side.

I'm sure you remember Al Franken and Katie Hill. Both engaged in marginally scandalous behavior, garden variety political scandal stuff at best. BOTH resigned. BOTH resigned under pressure from their party. BOTH came under heavy fire from their supporters for their actions. The Democratic Party shot itself in the foot both times in terms of the realpolitik impact of those resignations but that did not keep it from condemning the behavior and pushing for the resignations. Compare and contrast among a bazillion examples say, oh, I don't know, the behavior of Donald Trump and the Republican Party reaction to it.

On edit: Remember Anthony Weiner? Yeah, me neither.

Iowan already mentioned your incorrect allusion to D list barbarians, but that is such an absurd falsehood and so dismissive of terrible country threatening events that I can't let it go without saying that I can't believe you said that.
Last edited by beantownbubba on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

The same people who cheered on the riots all summer are still pearl clutching over a slow walk through the White House

Shouldn't this alone invalidate anything he posts for eternity?

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Cole Younger wrote:

As someone who loves comedy of the absurd these are hilarious times. .
Amen. High quality entertainment.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Cole Younger wrote:

Damn, Cole.

1) This is a pretty dim and depressing world view. I know you better. I know you hope for a better place for everyone.

2) Seems like you are taking the "there are BAD people on both sides..." position. But you are making some extraordinary stretches to falsify that equivocality. There is BAD shit in there that just can't be compared, or tolerated. So, see point number one again...I just don't believe you believe that.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

D-List Barbarians? That's the name of my punk-jazz fusion group
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:13 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Damn, Cole.

1) This is a pretty dim and depressing world view. I know you better. I know you hope for a better place for everyone.

2) Seems like you are taking the "there are BAD people on both sides..." position. But you are making some extraordinary stretches to falsify that equivocality. There is BAD shit in there that just can't be compared, or tolerated. So, see point number one again...I just don't believe you believe that.
A dim world view? Man it hasn’t been long ago that people were posting here daily “I’ve lost all hope. We’re so fucked. America is over.” Just because they didn’t like the president. I told y’all four years ago you would be back on top soon enough and I’ll be damned, the Democrats control everything again and now suddenly everything is ok. That kind of stuff is beyond its shelf life.

No I’m not saying that’s my view. It absolutely is not. I’m saying it’s the view of damn near everyone on the two teams. All I want is for people to be able to live their lives and be left alone. Left alone by the government and left alone by these idiots on both sides that think they have a right, no a moral obligation, to go after those they think are wrong. I’m sick of it. And I’m sick of the pretenses about just wanting a “greater good”. No they don’t. They want unlimited power as long as their side has it. I have long since stopped caring about democrat and Republican. They both hate us. All of us. Except for whatever degree they can make useful idiots of us. That is plain to see. I’m not going to even entertain a discussion about one being not as bad as the other. But more than that I’m done with left and right or liberal and conservative. Because what I’ve come to realize is most of them regardless of what side they fall on are bullshit liars and only want their side to win and they really don’t care how that happens and could give a damn how many people’s lives are ruined in pursuit of the “victory”.

I don’t care what someone’s political views are. You know what that makes me? A fucking unicorn. Or a Sasquatch would probably be more accurate in my case. It seems like now days everybody looks at everything through the filter of politics. They want to shut anyone up who says anything they don’t like or agree with and couldn’t care less what that might eventually lead to at some point. We can’t let people say certain things because we don’t like what they say and I guess we are so damn weak as a nation now that words will damage us. Personally I’m all for everyone saying what they want to say. I don’t have to like it. Lord knows the little brownie troop here that gets triggered by things that I say don’t hold back much. I DONT CARE. Bad ideas need to be heard. If they’re driven underground it will be much worse in the long run. But oh, we mustn’t let people speak. Even though we’ve blown smoke about the importance of free speech for years, now it’s different. Bullshit. I’m sick of this bullshit game and I’m sick and tired of the intellectual cowardice and dishonesty of so many people. And from my perspective if you shake an ideologically possessed lefty and righty out of the same sack you just about can’t sort them out. They both want to dominate the other. And it is not for some lofty purpose. It’s a naked and feral desire for power.

Let a conservative say they are willing to give a listen to a more liberal idea and watch what happens. Let a liberal call out the left on some of their bull shit. They’ll get crucified. Canceled if you will. That’s cowardly is what it is and it’s why I’m done with all the bullshit labels and both political parties. All these people want is power. Eric Holder and I don’t agree on much but when he said we are a nation of cowards he was dead right. All I can do is laugh. People quibbling over which master for themselves would be better. Getting outraged over what somebody said on social media? Do these morons not have real problems? Fighting over who is worse, Fox News or CNN, fuck you, who cares?

People aren’t opposed to the loss of civil liberties they are just opposed to their guy or team not getting to choose which ones get taken from who. And then want to jerk each other off about how they care about this or that and how they know what’s best for everyone. Most of them have a fucking train wreck for a personal life, how in the world have they got their head so far up their ass that they think they know what’s best for the country and are able to have the moral certitude to attack others on that basis? They can all fuck off. I wouldn’t piss on them to put them out. Rant over.

It’s a bull shit ass game and Im tired of it.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

So a dim world view, then
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever