Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by chuckrh »

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

New Mexico ski areas are closed for the winter. Durango Colorado grocery stores have been wiped out because of the fear mongering happening down there. Widespread Panic truly is the best band name ever. Sure would be nice to see them live. But alas, socializing is like walking around with a loaded AK. Yeah, I think not.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I have not ate out since March 16th. We had planned a get together at one of our favorite restaurants the next day but it never happened due to covid.
We stayed away for a month before we starting wanting to help our local restaurants by ordering take out. So much for that. None of the restaurants we tried to support was taking the covid seriously and thus not taking any precautions. So it was like fuck it, we tried.
Then Mrs Swamp stepped up and started making my favorite restaurant dishes, starting with enchiladas suizas and chile rellenos, not with bell peppers but with pablanos. Now she does make a mean ass stuffed bell pepper but it's more Italian than Mexican. So at least every other week she surprises me with something I haven't been able to order. Last nights prime rib was the bomb. :D
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Swamp wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:46 am
Then Mrs Swamp stepped up and started making my favorite restaurant dishes, starting with enchiladas suizas and chile rellenos, not with bell peppers but with pablanos. Now she does make a mean ass stuffed bell pepper but it's more Italian than Mexican. So at least every other week she surprises me with something I haven't been able to order. Last nights prime rib was the bomb. :D
You really hit the jackpot swamp. Can you ship her north to PA for a few days? 8-)
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:12 am
[quote=Swamp post_id=372371 time=<a href="tel:1607258803">1607258803</a> user_id=98]
You really hit the jackpot swamp. Can you ship her north to PA for a few days? 8-)
[/quote]

I’m not sure what happens if you take the girl out of the swamp. I KNOW you can’t take the swamp out of the girl.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:29 pm
Clams wrote:
[quote=Swamp post_id=372371 time=<a href="tel:1607258803">1607258803</a> user_id=98]
I’m not sure what happens if you take the girl out of the swamp. I KNOW you can’t take the swamp out of the girl.
[/quote]

Bubba, please respect their privacy!
Now it's dark.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Clams wrote:
Can you ship her north to PA for a few days? 8-)
Contact me after all this is over. I'm always willing to make a deal ;)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Flea wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:02 pm
Bubba, please respect their privacy!
That's what she said.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Here's an email (slightly edited) I received from my doctor yesterday about current vaccine status in Washington state:

We know all of you have questions about Covid-19 vaccination and we hope this email provides helpful information and perspective.

You have no doubt heard exciting news regarding highly effective (95%) Covid-19 vaccinations from manufacturers including Pfizer and BioNTech (granted FDA "emergency use authorization" (EUA) status on December 10th) and Moderna (likely to apply for EUA status soon). Both are thought to be very safe (short term side effects of fatigue, injection site soreness, headaches and low-grade fever reported). We strongly support you receive a vaccination when it becomes available.

There are understandable questions about how the distribution will proceed. Washington State will receive its first allotment in mid-December and the second in late December, but the distribution schedule has not been finalized by the state or the local Departments of Health. However, as far as we can tell, it is likely to follow a timeline similar to the CDC recommendations, as outlined below (although of course, this is an uncertain and dynamic process with numerous complexities that may delay availability).

FIRST PHASE:

Tier 1A (beginning mid-December through late January): healthcare workers and first responders such as police officers, firefighters, EMTs and others.

Tier 1B (beginning late December to mid-January): people living in nursing homes

Tier 1C (beginning early February through April): people over 65 years of age and people of all ages with co-morbid medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease) that place them at moderately-significantly higher risk (see link below, excepting pregnant women and children under the age of 16, in whom the vaccine has not yet been studied).

SECOND PHASE:

(Beginning early April): “essential workers” including teachers and childcare workers; and those in other critical roles whereby working from home is not an option.

THIRD PHASE:

(Beginning early May and into Summer): all other adults.

For those who have already had COVID-19, there will likely be a recommendation that you receive a vaccination as well, although timing has not yet been determined. Until then, you should have some protective immunity as a result of your prior illness.

Given that there will be very limited allocations to Washington State initially, it is still uncertain when it will be available in private clinics but we have applied to be an official distribution center--we will let you as soon as vaccinations are available at SMA or any other locations, such as hospitals, pharmacies, etc. We realize that there are likely to be many questions over the coming weeks and months and we will do our best to keep you informed of the latest developments.

You may rest assured that we remain your advocates in navigating this process successfully.

As always, we hope you remain safe and well during the holiday season.

RESOURCES:

“High-Risk Medical Conditions”:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html

Allocation Phases:

https://www.nap.edu/resource/25917/FIGU ... VID-19.pdf

Washington State Department of Health, Allocation Planning:

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/Vaccine

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:45 pm
Per Rod's request.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/16/opin ... 029039208a
Thanks, Bubba. I question people in their 40's as young adults, but that is just picking a nit.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

LBRod wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:38 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:45 pm
Per Rod's request.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/16/opin ... 029039208a
Thanks, Bubba. I question people in their 40's as young adults, but that is just picking a nit.
I agree. I am in my 40's (for a couple of years more) and I dont feel very adult.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RolanK wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:20 am
I agree. I am in my 40's (for a couple of years more) and I dont feel very adult.
:lol:

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

RIP --- K.T. Oslin, Covid.

Another one. Damn. She used to play with 'ol Guy Clark a long time ago.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Last night I received an email from work explaining that I can sign up and possibly receive a vaccine later today. Only a few vaccines are available today, but if I don’t get one today, I should be able to get one soon.

This all seems a little surreal... If I’m able to get a shot today, and Jonicont is there in a white coat to administer, I’ll know that I’m dreaming!!!

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:10 am
Last night I received an email from work explaining that I can sign up and possibly receive a vaccine later today. Only a few vaccines are available today, but if I don’t get one today, I should be able to get one soon.

This all seems a little surreal... If I’m able to get a shot today, and Jonicont is there in a white coat to administer, I’ll know that I’m dreaming!!!

How did it go, were you able to get your first round of the vaccine?

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

My wife and I individually called the county health department over 200 times at the assigned time on Saturday but never got an answer.

I found out today that the phones were out of order and still are. Still, I’m thinking that I should get a vaccine relatively soon!
psychobillycadillac wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:43 am
Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:10 am

How did it go, were you able to get your first round of the vaccine?

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

I’m a teacher in KY, and we are supposed to get our first round of the vaccine around the end of January or first of February. Hopefully it won’t get pushed back.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

rlipps wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:26 pm
I’m a teacher in KY, and we are supposed to get our first round of the vaccine around the end of January or first of February. Hopefully it won’t get pushed back.
Anecdotally, all I seem to be hearing about is scheduled vaccinations being pushed back as expected supplies don't materialize and reduced inventories are shuffled to re-ordered priorities. Well, that's not literally true; I do know some people who have received the vaccine as scheduled but boy it seems overbalanced the other way. Hopefully this will all be straightened out by the end of the month but who knows?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Prayers up for 1 of my best friends. He lives in Bristol, UK & is in the hospital with COVID-19. This is zero good as he has some very serious underlying health issues. :(

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

damn, that sucks. sorry Chuck, hope a good outcome is what happens.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Really interesting interview with Arthur Caplan about the myriad ethical considerations surrounding access to the vaccine.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/podcasts/trackthevax/90771
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm
rlipps wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:26 pm
Anecdotally, all I seem to be hearing about is scheduled vaccinations being pushed back as expected supplies don't materialize and reduced inventories are shuffled to re-ordered priorities. Well, that's not literally true; I do know some people who have received the vaccine as scheduled but boy it seems overbalanced the other way. Hopefully this will all be straightened out by the end of the month but who knows?

Got my first dose today, least painful shot I can remember. Arm is a little sore but nothing major. We are actually a little ahead of schedule here, the process has been very smoothly so far, hope it continues.

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

Social worker in PA. Getting mine next Wednesday.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I will not be getting the vaccine. And have no desire to wear a mask or wash my hands. Let alone use hand sanitizer. Smoking hot post I know.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm
I will not be getting the vaccine. And have no desire to wear a mask or wash my hands. Let alone use hand sanitizer. Smoking hot post I know.
Your debutante knows what you need, but I know what you want.

I got my first shot about an hour and a half ago and I feel fine. Nothing is wron3l at3lL ALQL, REALY IS NOT.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm
Nobody desires to wear a mask or wash their hands [repeatedly] (except those with related phobias).

Just wondering: I know toll roads aren't as common in the west, but to the extent you encounter them, do you drive on them?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Yo Beantown, I'll bite, I have taken a toll road. Denver to Boulder between DBT shows. Back before terms like $ocial distancing and ju$t wear a ma$k existed.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 pm
Yo Beantown, I'll bite, I have taken a toll road. Denver to Boulder between DBT shows. Back before terms like $ocial distancing and ju$t wear a ma$k existed.
On a drive from Chicago to Madison a few years ago, I quickly tired of the endless construction and toll booths, and enjoyed country roads for most of my journey.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

LBRod wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:28 pm
...enjoyed country roads for most of my journey.
Drivin' down the road, I get a feelin'
That I should've been home yesterday, yesterday
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley