NFL 2023

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Flying Rabbit

Re: NFL 2019

Post by Flying Rabbit »

With this being the NFL's 100th season, it would've been cool to have had a rematch of the first SB (GB v KC) from 1967.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Flying Rabbit wrote:With this being the NFL's 100th season, it would've been cool to have had a rematch of the first SB (GB v KC) from 1967.
I disagree on 2 counts:

As a Bears fan, I never want the Packers to reach the Super Bowl.
As a football fan, I think Chiefs-Packers would have been lopsided in favor of KC and therefore not very fun to watch except for KC fans.

I agree from the standpoint of appreciating the game's history though.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

LBRod wrote:Image
I'm ready.
Likewise. I think this will be a close and interesting game.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I'll be rooting for the Chiefs. Ever since I found out about this old logo, I have to give them props for actively courting Iowa as an audience. There are quite a few Chiefs fans here, but living up on the northern fringe, it's mostly Vikings (my team) in this neighborhood.

scotto

Post by scotto »

They actively courted the midwest audience and it paid off. I grew up in Arkansas and the Chiefs were easily the favorite among my buddies (although I was also a Jets fan because I thought Joe Namath was cool).
As a long-suffering fan, this is pretty sweet.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

When I was a kid, the Chiefs were my AFL team. I had to stick with the Niners after the merger.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

scotto

Post by scotto »

I spent nearly 30 years in Kansas City and hearing "Hello Kansas!" at concerts was a running joke. But you'd think the president would know better.
Oh, wait, never mind.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

scotto wrote:I spent nearly 30 years in Kansas City and hearing "Hello Kansas!" at concerts was a running joke. But you'd think the president would know better.
Oh, wait, never mind.
He also couldn't point out Kansas on a map if you gave him 10 tries
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I mean, obviously most people in Kansas are Chiefs fans, but we all know that isn't what that moron intended.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

If he'd have just said Kansas and Missouri it wouldn't be an issue but he had never thought about either place until the 2016 election. There is a town called California, Missouri. I'm sure that one would really trip him up.
He's not alone though...my step-daughter gets a little mixed up reading a map too . She's 11.

On another note....did the 49ers not watch the Chiefs other playoff games ? They were hamming it up and beginning their celebration midway through the fourth quarter.
Last edited by jr29 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

jr29 wrote:If he'd have just said Kansas and Missouri it wouldn't be an issue but he had never thought about either place until the 2016. There is a town called California, Missouri. I'm sure that one would really trip him up.
He's not alone though...my step-daughter gets a little mixed up reading a map too . She's 11.

On another note....did the 49ers not watch the Chiefs other playoff games ? They were hamming it up and beginning their celebration midway through the fourth quarter.
Yeah, I don't want to take anything away from the Chief's accomplishment but it has to be said that the Niners did plenty to contribute to their own defeat, mostly by checking out in the 4th until it was too late.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

scotto

Post by scotto »

jr29 wrote:There is a town called California, Missouri. I'm sure that one would really trip him up.
Lord help him if he ever hears about Paris, Arkansas.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Don't ask him which album "House of the Holy" is on....
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

This was from after the AFC Championship game but damn you gotta love this. Wooooooo!

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

So desperate for any sports activities that I'll probably watch the entire draft tonight and tomorrow. I'm hoping my Lions can trade down from number 3 to a team that wants a QB. That way, they will get an extra pick or two to screw up later in the draft.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

RIP Don Shula

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Zip City wrote:Don't ask him which album "House of the Holy" is on....
:lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:RIP Don Shula
Great coach, sorry to see him go. But it must be said that admittedly based on extremely limited evidence, he'd be pretty high on my list of people I'd never want to have a beer with.

Hope you're feeling ok, chuck.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Great coach, sorry to see him go. But it must be said that admittedly based on extremely limited evidence, he'd be pretty high on my list of people I'd never want to have a beer with.

thanks. listening to an insanely good Bowie tape & going to do some food. I get poisoned again tomorrow, so I won't eat much the rest of the week. load in phase on new/old drug. done this one before but it quit working. quite a bit of time has passed so the hope is it works again. i read something about your bike ride going to happen in altered version. is your team doing it?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

thanks. listening to an insanely good Bowie tape & going to do some food. I get poisoned again tomorrow, so I won't eat much the rest of the week. load in phase on new/old drug. done this one before but it quit working. quite a bit of time has passed so the hope is it works again. i read something about your bike ride going to happen in altered version. is your team doing it?
I actually haven't caught up w/ the latest news about the ride but we did enter a team before the world changed so I assume we will participate in whatever revised format is put in place for this year.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I actually haven't caught up w/ the latest news about the ride but we did enter a team before the world changed so I assume we will participate in whatever revised format is put in place for this year.[/quote]

Please let us know what is happening with the ride. Would like to support you even if it is a small amount. Figure every little bit helps. Non virus charities are going to be taking a hit this year.

tinnitus photography

about fucking time.

tinnitus photography

in other football-related news, Chuck will be happy to know that i bought a Seahawks hat when i was down in Mexico and needed a hat.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:23 am
in other football-related news, Chuck will be happy to know that i bought a Seahawks hat when i was down in Mexico and needed a hat.
Nice! The mystical power of Dangeruss extends south of the border. Wait, they let you into Mexico? I hear the border towns are trying to put a stop to US coming into the country. I suppose the more tourist type spots have an entirely different opinion. Hope you had a good trip. I'm having serious doubts about the viability of a NFL season this year. That's a real up close & personal sport. Lots of league cities (including mine) are having a big problem & the season is supposed to start in a month.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Good, fun game last nite, Chuck.

2 things I thought were key that were not mentioned on the broadcast: Seattle's ability to consistently make additional yards after contact. Especially true of the RB's, but the WR's too. I lost count of the number of times "2d & 7" turned into "2nd & 3" before the whistle blew. And then there is the vaunted Patriots' defensive backfield. It was pretty obvious that they weren't up to the task last nite but what was not discussed was how much last year's DB's benefitted from the play of the LB's, almost all of whom are gone this year. I suspect it's had a pretty large impact. And Russell Wilson is pretty good.

I don't know how anyone could question the last play call. It was clearly the right call unless one wants to say that the Pats shouldn't have "wasted" the play that resulted in the TD pass to the FB earlier in the game. Had they run it in then and saved the sort of trickery for the end that would have been legit, but having played their hand they were kind of stuck. Besides, if they hadn't used the play for the TD they probably would have used it for the 2 point conversion play they didn't convert.

chuckrh

Re: NFL 2020

Post by chuckrh »

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

RIP Gale Sayers. All time great for sure.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:15 pm
RIP Gale Sayers. All time great for sure.
Amen
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley