DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tinnitus photography

Re: DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Post by tinnitus photography »

In for Cooley tonight. looks like i have my smart tv sorted too.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Two words.

Daddy's Cup.

:mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Nearly $20 for 58 minutes = Weak.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Fuck yeah.

Fantastic, wonderful show. Cooley at the top of his game. Daddy's Cup. Flippin' the bird. Kicking Lansing ass.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Nearly $20 for 58 minutes = Weak.
I'll give you surprisingly short, and that time check after almost every song was kinda weird. But weak? Nah, you lose me there.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:Fuck yeah.

Fantastic, wonderful show. Cooley at the top of his game. Daddy's Cup. Flippin' the bird. Kicking Lansing ass.
That was excellent
Always go to the show

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Rocky wrote:Two words.

Daddy's Cup.

Bingo.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

It was excellent. I have never seen a Cooley solo show or heard his solo album. It was a new perspective for me because I didnt realise how well his stuff would translate to acoustic.

I think the time checks detracted from it because it felt a bit like "honey you can stop doing this soon". And yeah, he stopped on just about an hour. But quality rules over quantity and he played some great stuff.

I hope someone screen grabbed the finger.

Generally speaking, Id like to watch these shows again. Someone on chat said there was an email from the streamer with PH's show? I didnt get that.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

LBRod wrote:
Rocky wrote:Two words.

Daddy's Cup.

Bingo.
X2—worth every penny. And I saw the last time he played it
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Patterson’s next show is May 13
Always go to the show

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Jonicont wrote:Patterson’s next show is May 13
And its a request show, yes?

Do you know if Cooley's doing another?

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

That was a fun show. I don't think it's fair to call it weak for being an hour long. You can tell he isn't tech savvy at all. He didn't even know he was live for the first couple of minutes. Just sat there and warmed up. He must've been told to play an hour and I think his wife was just letting him know how much time he had left.

He played some great songs, switched up a couple and sang better than I've heard live in a long time. He wasn't doing that rush singing like he does a lot these days. I really dug the slowed down, swampy Ramon Casiano. Women Without Whiskey was almost unrecognizable until he started singing and that wasn't a bad thing. Cooley is an amazing picker and I could watch him play any time. I loved the laid back raw style of it all. So much fun.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

305 Engine wrote:

Yep. PHRequestShow [at] gmail
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

305 Engine wrote:

Links so we can sign up?

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

305 Engine wrote:

Links so we can sign up?

wooswiff

Post by wooswiff »

Was putting my kids to bed tonight and missed the whole thing. I bought the Patterson/Cooley bundle though, so wondering if it's possible to still stream it. Anyone know if there's a way to watch the show if you've already paid for it?
Sneaked up them stairs

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Cooley rocked. Nice setlist. Short set aside, we got Daddy's Cup. I'd like to think my comment on the livestream facilitated Cooley's bird from requesting that he ended the set with Ghost to Most after that's what he opened with.

In back to back solo shows, we got Goodbye and Daddy's Cup. That's a hell of a start. And Cooley left a lot on the table for the next show.

It felt like Cooley was watching the clock even though he just played an hour. If streaming shows become a regular occurrence in the new normal, an hour may be plenty, but tonight I felt like it was over after we all got warmed up. We all wanted more.

But we got Daddy's Cup.

I'm not a big race ran now and haven't been for a few decades, but I went from middle school into early high school going to Talladega Superspeedway-- Winston 500 and Talladega 500. Back when it was still a redneck sport---it's a family event now. Back then, we went to the infield and set up right off turn 1.

I saw drug busts and fistfights and more boobies than a 13-year-old could count. I saw Dale Earnhardt race back when his car was blue and yellow with a Wrangler logo. I saw Richard Petty in 43. I hated Cale Yarbrough. And I hated Darryl Waltrip, but later came to want to like him.

I saw Neil Bonnet in 21 with the cool reflective silver numbers. I saw Bobby Allison in Miller High Life 22. I later on TV saw Davey Allison in 28, the Texaco-Havoline Ford. And Donnie. The Alabama Gang (minus Red Farmer). I watched all those guys race.

Back before UHAUL stopped renting to people on race weekends in central Alabama, there was a UHAUL next to us. It was well before noon and the guy on top was already passed out. It was the early 1980s and he was wearing homemade cutoff jean shorts. And his balls slipped out. HIs girlfriend/wife/ol' lady came up to check on him now and then. We were right next to them and could see his balls glistening in the sun. My dad very politely suggested that she tuck his balls back in his shorts. She pretended she didn't hear and went back down the ladder. Every now and then, she'd climb the ladder again to check on him and my father repeated the plea to no avail. After the race had started and she was back up there, everyone on our (long since banned) scaffolding was begging her to tuck this guy's balls back into his shorts. At this point, you could almost feel them sautéing in the sun. After many pleadings from all of us, she relented and tucked his balls back under the safe cover of denim.

I don't remember who won the race that day. It was back in the time of 17 races, 17 faces.

When I go hiking now, I drive I-20 headed east from Birmingham. If you look to the right, you can see the speedway and the grandstands and all the port-o-lets for the campers all stacked in neat rows for the offseason.

Racing is something I no longer have interest in, but I'll never forget the distant roar of the engines getting ever closer. You could see them coming, but they passed you before you knew it. All that power--you can't understand it until you've heard it. All running for that cup.
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Schlanky, that's a really nice trip down memory lane (see what I did there?) but I can't relate to most of it. Car racing, especially stock car racing has always been a complete mystery to me. But then there's this:
schlanky wrote:more boobies than a 13-year-old could count.
Dayyum, nobody ever told me about that part. My entire teenage years, my entire life as a sports fan, could be entirely different if I only had known. I assure you that I cannot say the same about the sights and sounds at Shea Stadium and Madison Square Garden.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I’m a big of a sports nut as anyone I’ve ever known and I’ve never been interested in race car driving. But goddamn I love Me some Daddy’s Cup.
I’m glad he played I last night but it’s not like I was jonesing to hear that version. Still don’t understand why he doesn’t play that with the band.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Great write-ups Lajakes and Schlanky, I'm really glad the woman tucked that guys balls back in. As for the one hour length, last night was one more hour of watching Cooley play great songs than I saw the day before, so it's alright with me. Besides it was Mrs Cooley watching the clock not Cooley himself, and anyway IT'S A PANDEMIC (that's my answer for anything that doesn't go exactly the way you want it to these days). I literally laughed out loud when he flipped us all the bird, and I thought it was super nice how he acknowledged all of our requests and then threw us the Daddy's Cup bone. The Marry Me dedication to Benji and Jenny was really nice too. I also thought Natural Light and First Air of Autumn really hit my pandemic vibe.

Stolen from wordman on FB:

Stolen from Tyler on FB:
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

tinnitus photography

did Cooley move to Lansing (or Michigan in general) recently?

my feed occasionally froze and i had to reset it. not the end of the world but whatever. it was especially bad during "Marry Me" for some reason.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

The law school at Western Michigan is Cooley Law School. That was the shirt.

“Daddy’s Cup” is getting all the attention, but it was also great to hear “Natural Light.”
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

tinnitus photography

Mundane Mayhem wrote:The law school at Western Michigan is Cooley Law School. That was the shirt.
got it. i saw a reference to Michigan on the shirt but didn't see the Cooley bit.

Clams

Post by Clams »

tinnitus photography wrote:
my feed occasionally froze and i had to reset it. not the end of the world but whatever. it was especially bad during "Marry Me" for some reason.
My feed was pretty shitty too. Lots of buffering and skips (on a computer that is usually pretty flawless in its wifi connection).
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

jr29

Post by jr29 »

schlanky wrote:Cooley rocked. Nice setlist. Short set aside, we got Daddy's Cup. I'd like to think my comment on the livestream facilitated Cooley's bird from requesting that he ended the set with Ghost to Most after that's what he opened with.

In back to back solo shows, we got Goodbye and Daddy's Cup. That's a hell of a start. And Cooley left a lot on the table for the next show.

It felt like Cooley was watching the clock even though he just played an hour. If streaming shows become a regular occurrence in the new normal, an hour may be plenty, but tonight I felt like it was over after we all got warmed up. We all wanted more.

But we got Daddy's Cup.

I'm not a big race ran now and haven't been for a few decades, but I went from middle school into early high school going to Talladega Superspeedway-- Winston 500 and Talladega 500. Back when it was still a redneck sport---it's a family event now. Back then, we went to the infield and set up right off turn 1.

I saw drug busts and fistfights and more boobies than a 13-year-old could count. I saw Dale Earnhardt race back when his car was blue and yellow with a Wrangler logo. I saw Richard Petty in 43. I hated Cale Yarbrough. And I hated Darryl Waltrip, but later came to want to like him.

I saw Neil Bonnet in 21 with the cool reflective silver numbers. I saw Bobby Allison in Miller High Life 22. I later on TV saw Davey Allison in 28, the Texaco-Havoline Ford. And Donnie. The Alabama Gang (minus Red Farmer). I watched all those guys race.

Back before UHAUL stopped renting to people on race weekends in central Alabama, there was a UHAUL next to us. It was well before noon and the guy on top was already passed out. It was the early 1980s and he was wearing homemade cutoff jean shorts. And his balls slipped out. HIs girlfriend/wife/ol' lady came up to check on him now and then. We were right next to them and could see his balls glistening in the sun. My dad very politely suggested that she tuck his balls back in his shorts. She pretended she didn't hear and went back down the ladder. Every now and then, she'd climb the ladder again to check on him and my father repeated the plea to no avail. After the race had started and she was back up there, everyone on our (long since banned) scaffolding was begging her to tuck this guy's balls back into his shorts. At this point, you could almost feel them sautéing in the sun. After many pleadings from all of us, she relented and tucked his balls back under the safe cover of denim.

I don't remember who won the race that day. It was back in the time of 17 races, 17 faces.

When I go hiking now, I drive I-20 headed east from Birmingham. If you look to the right, you can see the speedway and the grandstands and all the port-o-lets for the campers all stacked in neat rows for the offseason.

Racing is something I no longer have interest in, but I'll never forget the distant roar of the engines getting ever closer. You could see them coming, but they passed you before you knew it. All that power--you can't understand it until you've heard it. All running for that cup.
Good stuff. I had a great uncle who lived in Birmingham and he raced against Allison, Farmer and those guys when they ran local short tracks.
I don't follow NASCAR racing anymore but I used to be a huge fan. I still watch classic NASCAR races on youtube and listen to similar podcasts. Dale Earnhardt Jr has been having lots of cool guys on his podcast lately.
I did some stock car racing myself in the mid 2000's. I'd like to do more in the next ten years or so.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I requested Why Henry Drinks, She’s a Little Randy, and Mercy Buckets.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I had the Cooley show fired to the tv, so didn’t see the chat window, save for the few times I glanced at it to refresh and fix the lag. But I did catch sight of the quote of the night, “A Loaded Cooley in the Closet”. Whoever typed that wins.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Clams wrote:As for the one hour length, last night was one more hour of watching Cooley play great songs than I saw the day before, so it's alright with me. Besides it was Mrs Cooley watching the clock not Cooley himself, and anyway IT'S A PANDEMIC (that's my answer for anything that doesn't go exactly the way you want it to these days). I literally laughed out loud when he flipped us all the bird, and I thought it was super nice how he acknowledged all of our requests and then threw us the Daddy's Cup bone. The Marry Me dedication to Benji and Jenny was really nice too. I also thought Natural Light and First Air of Autumn really hit my pandemic vibe.
All very good points, Clams.

Definitely agree about Natural Light and First Air of Autumn. On this week's shows, it was nice to get lesser played songs from English Oceans from both Cooley (Natural Light) and Hood (Walter Went Crazy). And I'd be happy to hear First Air of Autumn every show.

I hope Cooley does more of these. I had some minor feed problems, but not so much that I didn't enjoy the hell of a show he gave us.
Let the outside air in

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

schlanky wrote:Cooley rocked. Nice setlist. Short set aside, we got Daddy's Cup. I'd like to think my comment on the livestream facilitated Cooley's bird from requesting that he ended the set with Ghost to Most after that's what he opened with.

But we got Daddy's Cup.

Not sure if we're relatively close in age, but it sounds like we definitely came of age during the same era. My dad was/is a huge NASCAR fan and it was always present in my upbringing. A typical Sunday afternoon found my dad in the driveway, listening to the race, drinking beer, and washing our 73 Gran Torino Sport. He was always a Ford/Mercury man and David Pearson was his guy, and he became mine as well. To this day the Silver Fox is still the greatest to me. Petty win more race and cups but Pearson didn't even bother racing a full schedule, he'd skip the small tracks altogether. #21 Purolator is the gold standard car for me.

In addition to Pearson & Petty, the era in which I cut my racin' teeth had Cale, the Hueytown Gang, Buddy Baker, Benny Parsons, and then the next generation with Waltrip, Earnhardt, Neil Bonnett, et al. Growing up where I did the tracks we went to were places like Charlotte, North Wilkesboro, Bristol, the Rock, and old school Friday/Saturday night Sportsman tracks like Asheville, Hickory, and Greenville/Pickens, where legends like Jack "Iron Man" Ingram, Tommy Houston, Butch Lindley, and Harry Gant had every bit the ability of the big boys who ran the Cup series. I went to a bunch of races coming up, with the last two being in 1984 with the Spring North Wilkesboro race (IIRC won by Tim Richmond) and the World 600, won by Bobby Allison after Cale in the #28 Hardees car blew an engine. That race was the day before my high school graduation

I've pretty much lost interest completely these days. Had held on a little in recent years but shit like the Chase and stage racing did me in
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Direwolfpdx

Post by Direwolfpdx »

But we got Daddy’s Cup. :D