DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Buried in today's DBT bounty was the news that Hood and Cooley are each doing a livestream concert next week: Patterson on Wednesday and Cooley on Friday. $5 discount for buying both together.

Probably not breaking any news for anyone here, but will also need a place to host conversation about these shows, so here's the thread.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

pearlbeer

Re: DBT Quarantine Livestreams

Post by pearlbeer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Buried in today's DBT bounty was the news that Hood and Cooley are each doing a livestream concert next week: Patterson on Wednesday and Cooley on Friday. $5 discount for buying both together.

Probably not breaking any news for anyone here, but will also need a place to host conversation about these shows, so here's the thread.
That link sent me to Patterson's feed. Here is Cooley. I can't find the package deal.

https://noonchorus.com/cooleydbt/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:Buried in today's DBT bounty was the news that Hood and Cooley are each doing a livestream concert next week: Patterson on Wednesday and Cooley on Friday. $5 discount for buying both together.

That link sent me to Patterson's feed. Here is Cooley. I can't find the package deal.

Buy a ticket for either one and you should get an option to buy both
Always go to the show

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Jonicont wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:

Thats how it worked for me. So glad the guys are doing this.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Jonicont wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:

Yeah, sorry. Should've clarified that in the original post.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

does anyone know how this is going to be streamed?

if i am dropping $30 i want to be sure i can view it on my tv and not have to look at it on my phone...

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

tinnitus photography wrote:does anyone know how this is going to be streamed?

if i am dropping $30 i want to be sure i can view it on my tv and not have to look at it on my phone...
Not sure how helpful this will be, but I found this by clicking on the support link in my email receipt. This is in response to the question "Can I watch on a Smart TV?"
This will largely depend on the model of your Smart TV.

Certain models will allow streaming without any issues, but others might not, which is why we normally recommend using a computer, laptop, tablet or another device to enjoy your content.

To stream on a Smart TV, you would use your TV’s browser to visit the webpage, log in, and watch the stream just like on your computer or tablet.

As an alternative to your TV’s default browser, you can also try the Puffin TV browser app, which might work in cases where your TV’s default browser does not. Of course, you would need to have a TV that supports the installation of new apps to install Puffin TV.

tinnitus photography

cool, thx.

i gotta say that typing in my login info using a TV remote is the absolute worst.

why these streams aren't compatible w/ Apple TV or a Fire Stick is beyond me.

walthers

Post by walthers »

I agree that typing anything on a smart tv with the remote is a pain, but I have found if I put the arrow in the browsing window I can use the voice button to type in what I need by just speaking into the mic. I have a Sony, thought this might be helpful if you haven’t tried it already.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

walthers wrote:I agree that typing anything on a smart tv with the remote is a pain, but I have found if I put the arrow in the browsing window I can use the voice button to type in what I need by just speaking into the mic. I have a Sony, thought this might be helpful if you haven’t tried it already.
Sony is good with stuff like that. I've had really good luck with their TVs etc. Much better than Samsung.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I wish I could watch these but with the current austerity measures I have in place, probably not a good idea. Although I have a fixed income, I am being very careful with all spending. Seems like an intelligent move. I do feel for the DBT crew, etc & if I was still working I probably would do it.

tinnitus photography

i have an LG and not sure it's got voice input or not (i try not to use that remote control at all... either my apple tv or the cable box remote). the other issue is all my passwords are giant alphanumeric soups. i use a password manager to create and manage them.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Ahh. Yes. Those pesky passwords are not going to fly with the voice option.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:I wish I could watch these but with the current austerity measures I have in place, probably not a good idea. Although I have a fixed income, I am being very careful with all spending. Seems like an intelligent move. I do feel for the DBT crew, etc & if I was still working I probably would do it.
We've got a plan for this. Check your pm's in the next half hour or so and see you at the virtual rock shows!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

tinnitus photography wrote:cool, thx.

i gotta say that typing in my login info using a TV remote is the absolute worst.

Can’t you stream it on your iPad or laptop and airplay it over to your Apple TV?

tinnitus photography

guitarmanmcs wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:cool, thx.

Can’t you stream it on your iPad or laptop and airplay it over to your Apple TV?
i don't have an ipad. i haven't figured out a way to do that w/ IG live* or Facebook live.

there is a browser extension called IG Stories that theoretically does this but it kept cutting out on me. not sure why apple TV doesn't have a facebook app. well i just checked and there was something called Facebook Watch so i will give that shot. thanks!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:
chuckrh wrote:I wish I could watch these but with the current austerity measures I have in place, probably not a good idea. Although I have a fixed income, I am being very careful with all spending. Seems like an intelligent move. I do feel for the DBT crew, etc & if I was still working I probably would do it.
We've got a plan for this. Check your pm's in the next half hour or so and see you at the virtual rock shows!
Nice job, btb. Truly representative of Quarantine Together.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Will

Post by Will »

Anyone know if these are livestream-only or if they'll be archived on the site? I'd like to see both, but not sure if I can do it in real time.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Nice job, btb. Truly representative of Quarantine Together.
Thanks. Glad to be able to do it but I also want to be clear that I'm just the point man on this on behalf of the larger and wonderfully supportive of each other heAthens community.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I was able to log in to noonchorus.com pretty easily on my TV's internet browser. Should be all set for tonight. I've hardly watched any of the corona live streams over the past two months but really looking forward to this one (and Cooley's on Friday).
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Tickets purchased. Looking forward to both of these shows.

Mr. Boh

Post by Mr. Boh »

pretty pumped for this, havent seen Patterson solo in a few years,went out and got a bottle of Jameson just for it. Seems Samsung TV browser will let me login.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

IN for both nights. Think I am going to be able to get it on TV, but will have computer waiting as backup.

Just started pre-gaming.
Let the outside air in

Clams

Post by Clams »

Mr. Boh wrote:pretty pumped for this, havent seen Patterson solo in a few years,went out and got a bottle of Jameson just for it. Seems Samsung TV browser will let me login.
Mr Boh. Hot damn! How you doin dude?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Mr. Boh

Post by Mr. Boh »

Clams wrote:
Mr. Boh wrote:pretty pumped for this, havent seen Patterson solo in a few years,went out and got a bottle of Jameson just for it. Seems Samsung TV browser will let me login.
Mr Boh. Hot damn! How you doin dude?
//
doin well dude, been awhile hasnt it? still rocking just not online as much. How bout you clams?

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Airplane Screams! Dayum

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Holy shit! A Mr. Boh sighting! Your ears must've been ringing as I just gave you a shout-out in the GBV/Pollard thread a few days ago. Good to see you are still alive & kicking.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Hearing “Good bye” was worth more than my $15 ticket for just one song.
Let the outside air in

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

schlanky wrote:Hearing “Good bye” was worth more than my $15 ticket for just one song.
I have never heard “Goodbye” live in any setting before tonight. It did not disappoint. Oh and “Airplane Screams”, “You’re so Vain” and “Left of the Dial”. Holy shit.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Goodbye
Grand Canyon
World of Hurt

On a night full of rarities, surprises, covers, the whole 9 yards, it was the "encore" that took it to another level. Wow.