Coronavirus - COVID-19

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:Chuck... just curious, how do they notify you of the results? Email? Phone call from testing site? Phone call from your doc??
supposed to be a phone call from doctor's office. thanks to all for the good wishes.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

chuckrh wrote:interesting: cannabis stores are considered essential businesses in washington state & will remain open during the shut down.
not the case in mass, only medical cards.

gov baker, fucking idiot.

tinnitus photography

chuck, hoping for negative test results for you, brother!

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Governor Inslee of Washington just shut the state down. Stay at home order.
Certain metro areas in TN (Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville) are doing the same, but I’m afraid a good bit of the damage is already done. TN is about to be one of the top 10 states in terms of having the most cases, because our fearless leader Governor Bill Lee, like the president, thinks he can save the state economy without actually addressing the virus. Meanwhile, the GOP in the state legislature shot down a $20 million relief package yesterday to focus on Lee’s $40 million plan for charter schools. All the while, Trump has shown a growing impatience with health officials and the idea of shutting down the nation for more than 14 days. What a spring it’s shaping up to be!
Slashed funding for mental health in schools, no raises for teachers, but plenty of cash for school vouchers.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

tinnitus photography wrote:chuck, hoping for negative test results for you, brother!
Yep, fingers crossed.

Flea

Post by Flea »

I think the economic impact of this will be greater than what we experienced in the 2008 debacle.
Now it's dark.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Flea wrote:I think the economic impact of this will be greater than what we experienced in the 2008 debacle.
Likely much greater.
Let the outside air in

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Flea wrote:I think the economic impact of this will be greater than what we experienced in the 2008 debacle.
That's the crux of what makes this so hard. If you do everything possible to stop the spread of the virus, you will absolutely destroy the US economy. To a point it may not recover for decades. This will have a human life cost, and it will be massive. It's also insanely hard to quantify.

On the other side, you have a virus that could kill several million people in the next few months. That loss of human life will also have a crippling effect on the economy.

It feels like we're in Sophie's choice as a country and no matter what route we go a lot of people will die and the economy will be in the shitter for a long time. I think the correct route is to err on the side of saving lives in the short term, with major federal stimulus packages that actually get to people and small business owners to lessen the economic damage while easing the burden on our medical system and making our response to the virus more effective.

Clams

Post by Clams »

schlanky wrote:
Likely much greater.
I'm hopeful that the economy will kick back into gear much more quickly than 2008 since this is a man made shut down as opposed to one created by market forces. But what do I know? (answer: nothing)
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

There is a growing sentiment that this virus may have been here since December, and that thousands of cases of “mysterious pneumonia” may have been coronavirus. There are also articles saying the infection rate in Italy may be upwards of 10x higher than what has been reported.

All that is to say that a) the mortality rate is likely far lower than what is being reported and b) we may be at the middle/nearing the end of the spread, not the beginning

Now that doesn’t explain the boom of cases in NYC, but it does show that the data is so incomplete that studies like the Imperial College report just can’t be take as fact
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:There is a growing sentiment that this virus may have been here since December, and that thousands of cases of “mysterious pneumonia” may have been coronavirus. There are also articles saying the infection rate in Italy may be upwards of 10x higher than what has been reported.

All that is to say that a) the mortality rate is likely far lower than what is being reported and b) we may be at the middle/nearing the end of the spread, not the beginning

Now that doesn’t explain the boom of cases in NYC, but it does show that the data is so incomplete that studies like the Imperial College report just can’t be take as fact
I honestly think I had it in late January. I had all the symptoms minus shortness of breath. I had the fever/cough combo, and while the fever broke quickly, the cough was the most intense and long-lingering one I've experienced in my life. It really felt like pneumonia. I never sought medical intervention, but it was at least 10 days of hacking - occasionally to the point of almost vomitting.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Iowan wrote:
Zip City wrote:There is a growing sentiment that this virus may have been here since December, and that thousands of cases of “mysterious pneumonia” may have been coronavirus. There are also articles saying the infection rate in Italy may be upwards of 10x higher than what has been reported.

I honestly think I had it in late January. I had all the symptoms minus shortness of breath. I had the fever/cough combo, and while the fever broke quickly, the cough was the most intense and long-lingering one I've experienced in my life. It really felt like pneumonia. I never sought medical intervention, but it was at least 10 days of hacking - occasionally to the point of almost vomitting.
Iowan, I know several people just in my small community that had the same symptoms as you around the same time period, including a few people that I work with. Knowing what we do now, I feel like there's a good chance that's what they had too.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

We obviously dont have the full picture, but I don't think it's wise to treat anecdotal evidence as part of the picture when the stakes are so high.

Once tests has been developed that can determine not only who has it but who HAS had it and is now immune (apparently this is in the works) and made generally available worldwide, I think that's when we get close to the full picture.

Until then, well theres a pretty clear boom in New York and many other places worldwide. That much seems clear.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend and I had similar symptoms not long after Christmas and it laid us both up for a few days. I very rarely get ill. I'm not willing to say for certain what it was.

All that said, I'm pretty satisfied that this was circulating in Hubei way before the Chinese started taking action.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

rlipps wrote:
Iowan wrote:

Iowan, I know several people just in my small community that had the same symptoms as you around the same time period, including a few people that I work with. Knowing what we do now, I feel like there's a good chance that's what they had too.
I've been wondering the same. Was traveling a bit in January and February - airports and train stations in northern Europe - and got quite sick after a few days. This was before the virus "came to Europe" so I never suspected until later in March when this thing blew up also over here. According to media over here there was another influensa (Type B?) going around at that time. Never went to the doctor, so who knows.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Zip City wrote:Image
Guys, as a rule I try not to intrude on US politics. My opinion means fuck all, its your problem. But seriously, Trump is probably the most dangerous man in the world right now.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

after a week, finally got my test results. came back negative. still need to be careful due to immune system but at least don't have to do full quarantine.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

after a week, finally got my test results. came back negative. still need to be careful due to immune system but at least don't have to do full quarantine.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

chuckrh wrote:after a week, finally got my test results. came back negative. still need to be careful due to immune system but at least don't have to do full quarantine.
Congratulations pal.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

https://youtu.be/sP40WX-nRcU

Sounds like a DBT song. Would love to hear one of the boys give us a taste....would be fun.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

ramonz wrote:https://youtu.be/sP40WX-nRcU

Sounds like a DBT song. Would love to hear one of the boys give us a taste....would be fun.
Patterson is at home in Portland writing it now....

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

chuckrh wrote:after a week, finally got my test results. came back negative. still need to be careful due to immune system but at least don't have to do full quarantine.
Glad to hear it!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

This piece is sobering and frankly scary AF

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... &smtyp=cur
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Glad to hear it!
Same here!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Glad to hear it!
Same here!
Me too!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

tinnitus photography

:!:

good to hear man. take care, listen to some good tunes, drink some good coffee.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

tinnitus photography wrote:
:!:

good to hear man. take care, listen to some good tunes, drink some good coffee.
NIce! Stay safe out there, man.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Great news, Chuck!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

thanks to all

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Jared Kushner - is there anything he can't do???

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dont-worr ... m-covid-19
Love each other, Motherfuckers!