2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Rags

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by Rags »

It crossed my mind earlier in the week that they may cancel the next batch of shows, but last night kind of sealed the deal for me. It was surreal watching the postponement of the NBA season in real time. I had tickoots to the Chi show with eyes on Saturday in MN as well, but decided this AM to stay home for the weekend. Personally, even the normal flu gives me painful side effects to my myriad of medical issues so it didn’t make sense to take a chance. But I know many others were still planning on attending.

Curious what the thought is among 3DD. Terrible feeling to have a rock show pulled from under your feet, but in my view the prudent move is to play it safe over the next few weeks and see what comes. Can’t help but hear alarm bells go off in my head when government is banning gathering of over 500 and 1k people, but I think common sense says it might be the right move in the here and now, with a lot of unknowns. Crazy times :?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Rags wrote:It crossed my mind earlier in the week that they may cancel the next batch of shows, but last night kind of sealed the deal for me. It was surreal watching the postponement of the NBA season in real time. I had tickoots to the Chi show with eyes on Saturday in MN as well, but decided this AM to stay home for the weekend. Personally, even the normal flu gives me painful side effects to my myriad of medical issues so it didn’t make sense to take a chance. But I know many others were still planning on attending.

Curious what the thought is among 3DD. Terrible feeling to have a rock show pulled from under your feet, but in my view the prudent move is to play it safe over the next few weeks and see what comes. Can’t help but hear alarm bells go off in my head when government is banning gathering of over 500 and 1k people, but I think common sense says it might be the right move in the here and now, with a lot of unknowns. Crazy times :?
It's crowds over 250 on the whole west coast now. i think british columbia is 500 though (puts the upcoming rolling stones show to rest although the show is probably being stopped anyway).

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Living in Southern California we only get about 1 show a year if we're lucky. I was really looking forward to this. I understand we need to be cautious but it sucks.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Pausing my trip to the states next month. Shows havent been postponed yet but at this point in time who the fuck knows what will happen.

Keep safe everyone.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

And now they are all rescheduled. Except poor little Arcata. I feel bad for them.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:And now they are all rescheduled. Except poor little Arcata. I feel bad for them.
Unfortunately, given the CDC’s guidance and the example of the pro sports leagues, I have to imagine that entire Southeast leg is going to be postponed or canceled soon, too.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:And now they are all rescheduled. Except poor little Arcata. I feel bad for them.
Got to say I’m gutted, 15 years of traveling to see my favorite band has been a blast, but getting a ‘Home Show’ of my own was too good to be true. Living in a’remote outpost’ has its price, which is happily accepted, but it still stings.
Maybe next year.
All said, this is peanuts as this Virus is beyond scary and we are weeks behind in taking action,
I hope the delay doesn’t extend the need for any other shows to be cancelled.
Be Well Everyone
Hope to see you at a RAWK Show in the future!
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

PeterG wrote:
Got to say I’m gutted, 15 years of traveling to see my favorite band has been a blast, but getting a ‘Home Show’ of my own was too good to be true. Living in a’remote outpost’ has its price, which is happily accepted, but it still stings.
Maybe next year.
All said, this is peanuts as this Virus is beyond scary and we are weeks behind in taking action,
Be Well Everyone
I'm bummed about not getting to hang with Peter G in a beautiful part of the world.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

John A Arkansawyer

LBRod wrote:
PeterG wrote:
Maybe next year.
Be Well Everyone
I'm bummed about not getting to hang with Peter G in a beautiful part of the world.
I really wanted to go to that show. I figured it'd be a sweet hall in an area I've heard a lot about but which I've never seen. I couldn't figure out a way, though. And now it's not happening this time around.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I had been really looking forward to going to the Ryman with my wife, but that show is now cancelled. I’m glad to be safe though. Y’all take care!

Clams

Post by Clams »

I had my ticket, but it got canceled
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

i was supposed to be going to the rock show tonight & wilco tomorrow night. :cry:

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Beaverdam wrote:I had been really looking forward to going to the Ryman with my wife, but that show is now cancelled. I’m glad to be safe though. Y’all take care!
Has the Ryman show been officially canceled? I assumed it would at least be postponed, but I don’t see anything about it on the DBT or Ryman website. I was hoping they could at least reschedule it in the late summer/fall. I hate missing out on a hometown show, and I was so excited to finally see Ryley Walker live :cry:
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Clams wrote:I had my ticket, but it got canceled
We have a winner!

Get that man a ceegar.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Clams

Post by Clams »

Rocky wrote:
Clams wrote:I had my ticket, but it got canceled
We have a winner!

Get that man a ceegar.
That's pretty much gonna be the tagline for everything in 2020
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:I had been really looking forward to going to the Ryman with my wife, but that show is now cancelled. I’m glad to be safe though. Y’all take care!
Has the Ryman show been officially canceled? I assumed it would at least be postponed, but I don’t see anything about it on the DBT or Ryman website. I was hoping they could at least reschedule it in the late summer/fall. I hate missing out on a hometown show, and I was so excited to finally see Ryley Walker live :cry:
The show was rescheduled for a Monday night in September, I believe. Even if “things return to normal” a Monday show in Nashville would be really hard for me to do!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Asheville shows are rescheduled to September 18-19.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

John A Arkansawyer

The rest of the spring tour looks rescheduled or cancelled with the exception (at the moment) of the Shaky Knees festival. (I think it's charming they named it after a coronavirus symptom.) Next up: Europe.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote: Next up: Europe.
Awwww, man. Just because it's true doesn't mean you have to say it out loud.

[Having trouble typing because I've got all my fingers and toes permanently crossed]
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:

[Having trouble typing because I've got all my fingers and toes permanently crossed]
Actually, what I meant was, those are the next shows. I'm optimistic things will be eased over the summer months.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Actually, what I meant was, those are the next shows. I'm optimistic things will be eased over the summer months.
:lol: What we have here, son, is a failure to communicate.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Awwww, man. Just because it's true doesn't mean you have to say it out loud.

:lol: What we have here, son, is a failure to communicate.
Look. There are at least thirteen coronavirus patients within walking distance of my home. If I can be optimistic, so can you!

Lordscooges

Post by Lordscooges »

Should be on my way to the Rock Show in Petaluma right now! :( F coronavirus!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The Ribs & Blues Festival in Raalte, Netherlands has been canceled. This festival was to be the start of DBT’s European tour.

https://ribsenblues.nl/eng/419/dear-visitors
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I have a feeling that rescheduled dates are going to be rescheduled again. Having concerts in July/August/September is awfully optimistic
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Zip City wrote:I have a feeling that rescheduled dates are going to be rescheduled again. Having concerts in July/August/September is awfully optimistic
too soon
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I'm not even buying tix to the June show in Ohio because there's not way it's going to happen

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:
Zip City wrote:I have a feeling that rescheduled dates are going to be rescheduled again. Having concerts in July/August/September is awfully optimistic
too soon
If this shit goes into the Fall, I'm euthanizing myself.
Now it's dark.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

A nice taste while they’re away: https://vimeo.com/17565741

God I miss this.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Flea wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
too soon
If this shit goes into the Fall, I'm euthanizing myself.
I dont think quarantine/stay-at-home will extend through the fall, but I’m guessing that large gatherings like concerts and theatre will be the last things to come back online.