Debuts You've Seen

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

Debuts You've Seen

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I was just updating my nerdy DBT records to reflect Homecoming and the solo shows I caught in December. I don't recall seeing a thread like this previously, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong and merge this if appropriate.

What DBT debuts have you seen? Could be solo, band, etc. Not going to be very prescriptive here.

Some of you will have huge lists that put mine to shame (and therefore take more work to compile), but here are mine, to the best of my knowledge:

Songs:
-Kinky Hypocrite (8/19/16, Belly Up, Aspen, CO)
-Billy Ringo in the Dark (10/7/18, Washington's, Fort Collins, CO)

Personnel:
-Bobby Matt Patton (3/9/12, Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO)
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

bovine knievel

Re: Debuts You've Seen

Post by bovine knievel »

Rock Solid - Patterson Hood

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I might have seen "Pauline Hawkins" official live debut (10/30/13 - Dubuque, IA), but I don't know how to verify that.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Don't ask me how or why I remember this but I was at the Starland Ballroom in NJ when they debuted Assholes in approx 2009.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Iowan wrote:I might have seen "Pauline Hawkins" official live debut (10/30/13 - Dubuque, IA), but I don't know how to verify that.
Per oneofthesedays.org, Pauline Hawkins was played at least as early as 9/28/13 in Stateline, NV.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

walthers

Post by walthers »

I did not realize that, I was at the Stateline show!

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Forged in Hell and Heaven Sent (Patterson song that might eventually show up, solo tour cirac 2012)
Perilous Night / Heroin Again (Asheville 2017)
Welcome to Club XIII (Full band debut and only time to date, Birmingham 2018)
Rosemary With A Bible and a Gun (Full band debut, Raleigh 2019)
Awaiting Ressurection (Atlanta 2018)
The Weight (The Band) - (Carrboro, the day Levon passed)
Fireplace Poker / The Weakest Man / Pulaski / GoGo Boots / Cartoon Gold / (Athens 2011)
Surrender Under Protest (Nashville 2015)
Filthy and Fried / Ever South / Once They Banned Imagine / (Athens 2016)
First Air of Autumn / Primer Coat / Hearing Jimmy Loud / Natural Light / Til He's Dead or Rises / When Walter Went Crazy / (Athens 2014)
When He's Gone (Athens 2013)
Sign 'o the Times (Winston Salem 2013)
Gimme Some Truth (Asheville 2016)
Carmelita (Raleigh 2014)

I think that's all of the full band stuff. Probably some Patterson solo stuff too but records aren't nearly as good there.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:I was just updating my nerdy DBT records to reflect Homecoming and the solo shows I caught in December. I don't recall seeing a thread like this previously, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong and merge this if appropriate.

What DBT debuts have you seen? Could be solo, band, etc. Not going to be very prescriptive here.

Some of you will have huge lists that put mine to shame (and therefore take more work to compile), but here are mine, to the best of my knowledge:

Songs:

Personnel:
I was at the Aspen show as well. You forgot Lido Shuffle, which I believe debuted that night as well.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

Clams wrote:Don't ask me how or why I remember this but I was at the Starland Ballroom in NJ when they debuted Assholes in approx 2009.
Your memory is better than mine.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tyler wrote:Filthy and Fried / Ever South / Once They Banned Imagine / (Athens 2016)
That would be the band debut of "Ever South". The Patterson debut was in Little Rock the December before that.

I also got to see the debuts of:

"Tough To Let Go"--The Return of the Son of the Child of The Dirt Underneath Tour, Columbia, Missouri, which might've also been the debut of "Flight 218 to Denver"
"Slow Ride Argument"--Macon, March 2018, with my kid!!!!!
"The Guns of Umpqua"--also here in Little Rock, the anniversary of the night Lynyrd Skynyrd crashed
"Rock Solid"--bless your heart
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:I was just updating my nerdy DBT records to reflect Homecoming and the solo shows I caught in December. I don't recall seeing a thread like this previously, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong and merge this if appropriate.

Songs:

Personnel:
I was at the Aspen show as well. You forgot Lido Shuffle, which I believe debuted that night as well.
Debut of Lido Shuffle was November 2018 in Dallas.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

pearlbeer wrote:

Songs:

Personnel:
Looks like no Lido, but “The Bitch Is Back” also apparently was a debut cover that night.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Saw Awaiting Resurrection soundchecked HC 17
And then the official debut in 2018
Slow Ride Argument in Macon
Filthy & Fried HC 16
I wanna say After the Scene Dies but I didn't factcheck
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:

Songs:

Personnel:
Oh yeah..that is right. Lido was Dallas....Bitch was Aspen. That was a great cover. Played it at Red Rocks too.

Looks like no Lido, but “The Bitch Is Back” also apparently was a debut cover that night
Last edited by pearlbeer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Rocky wrote:This should help

http://www.oneofthesedays.org/
According to this, Rebels was first played at the Abbey Pub in Chicago on 4/1/04 but I know they played it the night before in Lexington, KY at the Dame because I was there and being a huge Petty fan, I went crazy when that opening riff kicked in.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I really missed an opportunity to say “DeBuTs.” I promise I’ll try to do better in the future.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Rocky wrote:This should help

http://www.oneofthesedays.org/
Good point!
John A Arkansawyer wrote:"Tough To Let Go"--The Return of the Son of the Child of The Dirt Underneath Tour, Columbia, Missouri, which might've also been the debut of "Flight 218 to Denver"
But no! "Tough To Let Go" was indeed Columbia and Kansas City the next night; Kansas City was "Flight 218 to Denver".
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Apropos to this thread, here is the very first airing of Forged In Hell from way back in 2012

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

emandrisdad wrote:
Clams wrote:Don't ask me how or why I remember this but I was at the Starland Ballroom in NJ when they debuted Assholes in approx 2009.
Your memory is better than mine.
It may have resonated more to some than to others.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Seen a lot less of them than you guys but saw "Armageddon's back in town" debut in Houston last November.

I mean, PH said it was the debut anyway so I'll take him at his word!

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Interesting thread. I’ve probably seen a couple of debuts at some point. Can’t remember. I may have seen the debut of Birthday Boy but I haven’t looked it up. One thing I realized from reading this thread was that I haven’t listened to English Oceans in a really, really long time. I had forgotten When He’s Gone even existed. Other than Grand Canyon that seems to be Patterson’s forgotten album.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Flea

Post by Flea »

305 Engine wrote:Seen a lot less of them than you guys but saw "Armageddon's back in town" debut in Houston last November.

I mean, PH said it was the debut anyway so I'll take him at his word!
He also said on Facebook that the first time Great Car Dealer War was played live was at a Dimmer Twins show last year, but I heard it full band live in 2010
Now it's dark.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I should've been at that show, if I'd had my shit together musically back then. Was in my last semester at Penn in January 2009. Started listening to the Truckers probably a year later.

SXDX

Post by SXDX »

Ramon Casiano in Rochester, NY, March of 2015

Update: heres the setllist. Venue didnt have the greatest sound system but it was a good show none the less.

http://www.oneofthesedays.org/search/se ... =3&Date=14

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Iowan wrote:I might have seen "Pauline Hawkins" official live debut (10/30/13 - Dubuque, IA), but I don't know how to verify that.
Per oneofthesedays.org, Pauline Hawkins was played at least as early as 9/28/13 in Stateline, NV.
That was my first Rock Show...
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.