2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by boyyourself »

I’ll not be joining y’all for the Feb 29 show but my buddies have a gig on the mountain that day. They told me me they’ll be playing Road Cases and I thought they were fucking with me but they assured me. so I’ll be there. Never seen anyone cover that.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:The modern day magic of points. It's like a miracle!

11.06.20 Berlin IN
12.06.20 Copenhagen IN

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rolank, we actually started out trying for a Berlin/Oslo double but couldn't make the schedule work. Hoping you can add at least one of these dates and hoping to see at least a few of you UK types even though you'll need a passport to get there.

In a neat bit of symmetry, the Berlin tickets arrived while I was away at homecoming. I'm now good to go and can't wait!

A heathen's lot: I'm just back from 3 shows in Athens, I have tix for 4 upcoming shows 3 of which involve air travel and I'm feeling guilty that I'm not going to nyc, new haven and (probably) portland.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:

11.06.20 Berlin IN
12.06.20 Copenhagen IN

Rolank, we actually started out trying for a Berlin/Oslo double but couldn't make the schedule work. Hoping you can add at least one of these dates and hoping to see at least a few of you UK types even though you'll need a passport to get there.

In a neat bit of symmetry, the Berlin tickets arrived while I was away at homecoming. I'm now good to go and can't wait!

A heathen's lot: I'm just back from 3 shows in Athens, I have tix for 4 upcoming shows 3 of which involve air travel and I'm feeling guilty that I'm not going to nyc, new haven and (probably) portland.
Worldwide Bubba
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Officially in for 3/14 in St. Paul. It's my niece's birthday earlier that day, and my brother lives 3 miles from the venue. Nice 2 for 1.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Lads, bit of advice?

Looking at my bank balance and ability to take time off and thinking I'll take a trip back to the states for some shows before London in June. Of the dates from mid April onward, where are the most promising towns and venues?

Obviously DBTs are going to be good anywhere but it'd be nice to cherrypick the best venues.

My head tells me trying to see the Nashville and Birmingham shows is probably a good idea?

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

305 Engine wrote:Lads, bit of advice?

Looking at my bank balance and ability to take time off and thinking I'll take a trip back to the states for some shows before London in June. Of the dates from mid April onward, where are the most promising towns and venues?

Obviously DBTs are going to be good anywhere but it'd be nice to cherrypick the best venues.

My head tells me trying to see the Nashville and Birmingham shows is probably a good idea?
I personally love the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC, one of my favorite venues and a cool town as well.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Multi nite stands are always fun and Asheville and Austin are both great towns (I've heard, haven't been) and great DBT towns. If you're only going to one nite of a 2 nite stand, make it the second nite.

Birmingham and Nashville are good choices too though if you also care about tourist stuff I'd say Birmingham is the least interesting of the 4 (and yes I've been there multiple times but not DBT related).

As a visitor I'd urge you to think more about the cities than the venues but if the venues are important to you: The Ryman is of course legendary and DBT fans swear by the orange peel and always have (see, e.g. the post above). I don't know about the other two.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

beantownbubba wrote:

Multi nite stands are always fun and Asheville and Austin are both great towns (I've heard, haven't been) and great DBT towns. If you're only going to one nite of a 2 nite stand, make it the second nite.

Birmingham and Nashville are good choices too though if you also care about tourist stuff I'd say Birmingham is the least interesting of the 4 (and yes I've been there multiple times but not DBT related).

As a visitor I'd urge you to think more about the cities than the venues but if the venues are important to you: The Ryman is of course legendary and DBT fans swear by the orange peel and always have (see, e.g. the post above). I don't know about the other two.
Cities are important too of course but I tend to find that unheralded towns can surprise you. Note what you say about Birmingham though.

I was in Austin last November and I would love to see DBTs there but, the dates wont work.

Leaning toward Asheville though. Thanks chaps.

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

I’ll see you Heathens tonight at Cat’s Cradle - Carrboro NC show!

I know it’s so close to Homecoming, my legs are still sore from all the standing on concrete at The 40 Watt, but I can’t miss the show when they come through my home town.
- RedCelt

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

RedCelt wrote:I’ll see you Heathens tonight at Cat’s Cradle - Carrboro NC show!

I know it’s so close to Homecoming, my legs are still sore from all the standing on concrete at The 40 Watt, but I can’t miss the show when they come through my home town.
Sorry, I have to ask, why the y ddraig goch as your avatar? Welsh heritage?

I mean, flags are just flags... but thats my stars and stripes there.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Carrboro

Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary
Days
Ronnie and Neil
Shut Up and Get On The Plane
Play It All Night Long
Surrender Under Protest
Armageddons Back in Town
Shit Shots Count
Babies In Cages
Ramon Casiano
Living Bubba
Ghost to Most
Thoughts and Prayers
Grievance Merchants
Awaiting Resurrection
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Lookout Mountain
Gravities Gone
Hell No
Sign of the Times
Hell No

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

305 Engine wrote:
RedCelt wrote:I’ll see you Heathens tonight at Cat’s Cradle - Carrboro NC show!

Sorry, I have to ask, why the y ddraig goch as your avatar? Welsh heritage?

I mean, flags are just flags... but thats my stars and stripes there.
Not Welsh but Irish heritage. Years ago I started using the screen name Red Celt - homage to the red hair I once had and the Celtic blood. I'd come across pictures of ddraig goch, although it wasn't until just a few years ago I learned that name for the dragon on the Welsh flag, and it spoke to me I guess. I've used it as a screen image for quite some time.

I hope it's not offensive in any way to borrow it, so to speak. That's not the intent at all, quit the opposite, it's admiration.
- RedCelt

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

RedCelt wrote: I hope it's not offensive in any way to borrow it, so to speak. That's not the intent at all, quit the opposite, it's admiration.
Not at all! Glad you like it.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

305 Engine wrote:Cities are important too of course but I tend to find that unheralded towns can surprise you. Note what you say about Birmingham though.

I was in Austin last November and I would love to see DBTs there but, the dates wont work.

Not to argue with Bubba, and not sure when he was there last, but Birmingham is one of our favorite cities in terms of restaurants if that's your bag. The issue with the DBT show is that I don't like the venue much. Saturn, where they played in 2018, is much better. Of your list the Orange Peel in Asheville is your winner. Great town, if a bit expensive for food, and the Orange Peel is one of the great venues. You cannot go wrong. Also if you're a beer drinker there are multiple brew pubs.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

notjosephstalin

Post by notjosephstalin »

Ouch

They're gonna be exhausted by time they get to Toronto.

Closest to me so far is a a 8 hour drive....
I tried but I could not. Stand in her way.
She stepped over me and was gone.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Tyler wrote:Carrboro

Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary
Days
Ronnie and Neil
Play It All Night Long
Surrender Under Protest
Armageddons Back in Town
Shit Shots Count
Babies In Cages
Ramon Casiano
Living Bubba
Ghost to Most
Thoughts and Prayers
Grievance Merchants
Awaiting Resurrection
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Lookout Mountain
Gravities Gone
Hell No
Sign of the Times
Hell No
Is it going to take sacrificing a goat or something to get a rarity out of Cooley at this point ?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Tyler wrote:Carrboro

Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary
Days
Ronnie and Neil
Play It All Night Long
Surrender Under Protest
Armageddons Back in Town
Shit Shots Count
Babies In Cages
Ramon Casiano
Living Bubba
Ghost to Most
Thoughts and Prayers
Grievance Merchants
Awaiting Resurrection
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Lookout Mountain
Gravities Gone
Hell No
Sign of the Times
Hell No
Is it going to take sacrificing a goat or something to get a rarity out of Cooley at this point ?
You're close - I'd bet that sacrificing a goat fucker would do it.

Was nice meeting you last weekend, ZUTM
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
305 Engine wrote:Cities are important too of course but I tend to find that unheralded towns can surprise you. Note what you say about Birmingham though.

Not to argue with Bubba, and not sure when he was there last, but Birmingham is one of our favorite cities in terms of restaurants if that's your bag. The issue with the DBT show is that I don't like the venue much. Saturn, where they played in 2018, is much better. Of your list the Orange Peel in Asheville is your winner. Great town, if a bit expensive for food, and the Orange Peel is one of the great venues. You cannot go wrong. Also if you're a beer drinker there are multiple brew pubs.
It is true that I was there on business and generally was eating delivered sandwiches and the like.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

beantownbubba wrote:

11.06.20 Berlin IN
12.06.20 Copenhagen IN

Hey homie.

Taking UK clients to Cubs-Cards in London later that weekend. And randomly have been sketching out a couple important customer meetings in Frankfurt either earlier that week or the week after. You shooting to Berlin with the wife or are you rolling solo? If I can make the scheduling work I'll shoot into Berlin for a night while I'm out there.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

It is true that I was there on business and generally was eating delivered sandwiches and the like.
I prefer my sandwiches delivered. I hate the taste of liver.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cubfan06 wrote:Hey homie.
See your pm's.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

The Orange Peel IS a great venue. On the other hand, its security - well, I'm just not going to make the compariSSon.
Now it's dark.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Anyone have any opinions of Buffalo Nichols at Carrboro or Charlottesville?

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Found him ok but generally forgettable.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Charlottesville

Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
The Righteous Path
3 Dimes Down
Armageddon's Back in Town
Slow Ride Argument
Heroin Again
Birthday Boy
Days of Graduation
Women Without Whiskey
When the Pin Hits the Shell
Ronnie and Neil
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Goode's Field Road
Shit Shots Count
Lookout Mountain
First Air of Autumn
Thoughts and Prayers
Grievance Merchants
Babies in Cages
A Ghost to Most
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

wooswiff

Post by wooswiff »

Saturday night in Somerville, cant say no to this one.

Anyone up for meeting before the show in Davis square?
Sneaked up them stairs

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Iowan wrote:Officially in for 3/14 in St. Paul. It's my niece's birthday earlier that day, and my brother lives 3 miles from the venue. Nice 2 for 1.
I’m a hopeful for this one. Thinking I’ll be there.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?

coornelius

Post by coornelius »

Rocky wrote:Charlottesville

Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
The Righteous Path
3 Dimes Down
Armageddon's Back in Town
Slow Ride Argument
Heroin Again
Birthday Boy
Days of Graduation
Women Without Whiskey
Do It Yourself
When the Pin Hits the Shell
Ronnie and Neil
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Goode's Field Road
Shit Shots Count
Lookout Mountain
First Air of Autumn
Thoughts and Prayers
Grievance Merchants
Babies in Cages
A Ghost to Most
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Babies in Cages was actually Awaiting Resurrection. And Do It Yourself was between Whiskey and Pin Hits the Shell.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

and I'm assuming Days > Ronnie and Neil.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Somerville

Made Up English Oceans
Rosemary with a Bible and a Gun
Slow Ride Argument
Heroin Again
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Women Without Whiskey
Days of Graduation