Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

th in sc

Re: Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15

Post by th in sc »

One week from today and will be in the car on my way to HeAthens to see some friends and a ROCK SHOW!!

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

Safe travels.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Hey y’all,

I want to give a special thank you to Nauset3; I just bought tickets for Bryan (father-in-law) and I to attend homecoming from her. If you see Nauset3 and/or her husband at a show please give them a pat on the back and a beer. I’ll pay you back!!!

Bryan and I didn’t buy tickets this year. When tickets went on sale Bryan was recovering (still sort of is) from back issues. Months ago I posted regarding some personal health issues. In September I passed out (syncope) or had a seizure, but I’ve been fine since. I felt a little “off” this Fall, but I’ve felt completely normal since December. My medical data (eeg, ekg, heart monitor) have all been inconclusive, plus I’ve been feeling fine.

With all of that said Bryan and I have both been really disappointed that we didn’t buy tickets. Luckily we never cancelled our hotel (booked last year in February or March). Bryan sent me Nauset3’s post today, and I just purchased tickets from her.

I’m looking so forward to seeing y’all in a few weeks! My attendance this year feels surreal because I’ve spent weeks being sad about not coming, rather than being excited for Athens. Everything changed today. I can’t wait to see y’all, go to the auction, eat late night at Clocked, go to the beer share, spend time with friends that I see a couple of times a year or only once, and hear some awesome rock ‘n roll!

Next week, y’all!

Flea

Post by Flea »

Beaverdam wrote:Hey y’all,

I want to give a special thank you to Nauset3; I just bought tickets for Bryan (father-in-law) and I to attend homecoming from her. If you see Nauset3 and/or her husband at a show please give them a pat on the back and a beer. I’ll pay you back!!!

Bryan and I didn’t buy tickets this year. When tickets went on sale Bryan was recovering (still sort of is) from back issues. Months ago I posted regarding some personal health issues. In September I passed out (syncope) or had a seizure, but I’ve been fine since. I felt a little “off” this Fall, but I’ve felt completely normal since December. My medical data (eeg, ekg, heart monitor) have all been inconclusive, plus I’ve been feeling fine.

With all of that said Bryan and I have both been really disappointed that we didn’t buy tickets. Luckily we never cancelled our hotel (booked last year in February or March). Bryan sent me Nauset3’s post today, and I just purchased tickets from her.

I’m looking so forward to seeing y’all in a few weeks! My attendance this year feels surreal because I’ve spent weeks being sad about not coming, rather than being excited for Athens. Everything changed today. I can’t wait to see y’all, go to the auction, eat late night at Clocked, go to the beer share, spend time with friends that I see a couple of times a year or only once, and hear some awesome rock ‘n roll!

Next week, y’all!
Fuckin' A, it would not be the same without you guys.
Now it's dark.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:Hey y’all,

Next week, y’all!
Excellent! I know you feel. Early in I didn’t think we would have any chance at all of making it and yet here we are. See you next week!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdamsfinlaw

Post by Beaverdamsfinlaw »

So happy we'll be there
Beaverdam has told the story why we didnt get tickets early. Last week I was really jonesing (test for readers age) for HC. Told a guy that helps me some to be patient with me next week because I wasn't going to Athens this year and I was really bummed this week. Next week it may grow to a funk.
Found some tickets yesterday; estimating hitting town about 5:30 Thursday.
See you all at the show.
Just my reflection in my mama's tears

Beaverdamsfinlaw

Post by Beaverdamsfinlaw »

So happy we'll be there
Beaverdam has told the story why we didnt get tickets early. Last week I was really jonesing (test for readers age) for HC. Told a guy that helps me some to be patient with me next week because I wasn't going to Athens this year and I was really bummed this week. Next week it may grow to a funk.
See you all at the show.
Just my reflection in my mama's tears

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Beaverdamsfinlaw wrote:So happy we'll be there
See you all at the show.
I'm happy y'all will be there! And TC too!
Last edited by schlanky on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let the outside air in

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

th in sc wrote:Just a friendly reminder FRIDAY FEB 14th starting at around 3:30 in the Dazzed in parking lot! Bring some of your local beer and a chair if you want. I have it under good authority that Bob will be at the beer share!

Glad to hear Bob will be there. He was the coolest person I met last year.
Let the outside air in

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Hello everyone! My flight lands at 2:45 on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone out there is renting a car and heading to Athens around that time? Would be happy to help with gas/expenses.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

phungi

Post by phungi »

LBRod wrote:Image
Fine work you are doing Rod!
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Hello everyone! My flight lands at 2:45 on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone out there is renting a car and heading to Athens around that time? Would be happy to help with gas/expenses.
Scheduled to arrive at 3:15. I’ll have a car & one other passenger. PM me if that suits.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I’m wrapping some things up at work. I’m hoping to damper my excitement enough to sleep well tonight, then we’re hitting the road relatively early tomorrow.

Safe travels to those who are traveling. The weather is nasty in my part of the country!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I would like to find a ride from Atlanta tomorrow (and back on Sunday), ideally with someone who has a good car stereo and a copy of the new record, which I've only heard via YouTube and my laptop so far.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hope you all have a gr3at HC, jut wondering if anyone will be throwing a lifeline, err stream of the shows this year? It always helps keep the sinking feeling of missing out from overtaking my soul.
Have a great time!
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

phungi

Post by phungi »

We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

PeterG wrote:jut wondering if anyone will be throwing a lifeline, err stream of the shows

As long as WiFi holds up we're planning audio only like in years past. We'll post a link tonight if it works out.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

th in sc

Post by th in sc »

It is Decoration Day!!

Rags

Post by Rags »

Hi all,

Figuring if anyone can help it's here...

I purchased three tickets for tonight at the original on-sale. The tickets are at will call under my name. I ended up not being able to attend HC this year but need to get the tickets to my group that will be there (Zip Up to Michigan and two others). TicketsToday is telling me they can't help get the tickets transferred to a different name because they have to send a manual form to the box office and there isn't time (I had in my head they were PDFs...whoops). Any ideas how I can get this done? The 40 Watt's website says the box office opens at 2, but want to sort this out ASAP in case there are further issues. Is it a certainty I'll be able to transfer these tickets once I can get in touch with the 40 Watt box office?

Any help is appreciated :D

woollyB

Post by woollyB »

Rags wrote:I purchased three tickets for tonight at the original on-sale. The tickets are at will call under my name. I ended up not being able to attend HC this year but need to get the tickets to my group that will be there (Zip Up to Michigan and two others). TicketsToday is telling me they can't help get the tickets transferred to a different name because they have to send a manual form to the box office and there isn't time (I had in my head they were PDFs...whoops). Any ideas how I can get this done? The 40 Watt's website says the box office opens at 2, but want to sort this out ASAP in case there are further issues. Is it a certainty I'll be able to transfer these tickets once I can get in touch with the 40 Watt box office?
I don't know if this would work, but if the box office doesn't answer the phone, could send your crew a photo of your ID and credit card to show at the door and tell them to go early and explain the situation? Not a perfect solution but in my experience the 40 Watt crew is pretty reasonable.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

For sale: one ticket for tonight and one for tomorrow. Tonight is will call tomorrow is PDF.

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

Have a good time everybody.

Corner Fool

Post by Corner Fool »

gordonlw wrote:As long as WiFi holds up we're planning audio only like in years past. We'll post a link tonight if it works out.
How’s that WiFi looking?