2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brett27295

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by brett27295 »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Toying with idea of visiting my parents when the boys play the Orange Peel. Will these shows sell out quickly? It’s will call only, and while eating $60 bucks won’t kill me, at this point I would still rather not spend it on tickets I may not use. So if I wait a while, do y’all think I can still get tickets? I am way overdue to visit my parents, they are in poor health and getting worse by the hour
I can only guess of course, but none of the past Orange Peel shows have sold out quickly. Tickets were available for quite some time.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Our crew (and extended) quickly got 12 for the Metro before they were sold out on the presale. I had a lot of friends get shut out though too.

With only one Chicago date and it being a Friday , I wouldn't be surprised if they sell the venue out within the first week of onsale as they did at their only other shows there in '04 and '08. (They have significantly more exposure now)

I always love any opportunity to return to The Metro and applaud their decision to play there. A long and illustrious history within those walls. Can't wait!!

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

In for Leap Day in D.C. !!
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Flea

Post by Flea »

chuckrh wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Toying with idea of visiting my parents when the boys play the Orange Peel. Will these shoes sell out quickly? It’s will call only, and while eating $60 bucks won’t kill me, at this point I would still rather not spend it on tickets I may not use. So if I wait a while, do y’all think I can still get tickets? I am way overdue to visit my parents, they are in poor health and getting worse by the hour
go!
Yep. This.
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

PeterG wrote:after 15 years of chasing this band all over CA and Nevada they ARE COMING TO MY HOMETOWN!
I am so excited I can’t believe it has happened.
The Booking agent at Humboldt State is a long time DBT fan, (our kids are in the same class since kindergarten)
If anyone is thinking about coming, let me know, I’d love to see you all here on the North Coast!
I’m literally in tears....
I'd bet my house this guy and his Alderpoint buddies will be there (he comes in around 25 seconds in). And when the Alderpoint crew requests You and Your Crystal Meth it's probably best to just go ahead and play it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Toying with idea of visiting my parents when the boys play the Orange Peel. Will these shows sell out quickly? It’s will call only, and while eating $60 bucks won’t kill me, at this point I would still rather not spend it on tickets I may not use. So if I wait a while, do y’all think I can still get tickets? I am way overdue to visit my parents, they are in poor health and getting worse by the hour
Be great to see you there (probably see ya on the west coast also)
Always go to the show

whatwouldcooleydo?

Jonicont wrote:
Be great to see you there (probably see ya on the west coast also)
Not looking good. After looking at calendar, realized there’s a conflict at that time. I will still probably go for the family visit, just not when the band is there

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Seriously? This here, young fella, is what we in the parental visiting trade call a win win:

Either you do your duty and visit your parents and as an extra special bonus for doing absolutely nothing, you get 2 rock shows at a somewhat legendary venue; or

You get to see 2 rock shows at a somewhat legendary venue and as an extra special convenience and bonus, you get to discharge your filial duties in as painless a way as it's ever gonna get.

As I believe a great American recently said, "go!"
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
Seriously? This here, young fella, is what we in the parental visiting trade call a win win:

Either you do your duty and visit your parents and as an extra special bonus for doing absolutely nothing, you get 2 rock shows at a somewhat legendary venue; or

You get to see 2 rock shows at a somewhat legendary venue and as an extra special convenience and bonus, you get to discharge your filial duties in as painless a way as it's ever gonna get.

Guessing you didn’t read my post right above yours

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:

The issue was never the “wanting” to go, it’s the “being able” to go

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
PeterG wrote:after 15 years of chasing this band all over CA and Nevada they ARE COMING TO MY HOMETOWN!
The Booking agent at Humboldt State is a long time DBT fan, (our kids are in the same class since kindergarten)
If anyone is thinking about coming, let me know, I’d love to see you all here on the North Coast!
I'd bet my house this guy and his Alderpoint buddies will be there (he comes in around 25 seconds in). And when the Alderpoint crew requests You and Your Crystal Meth it's probably best to just go ahead and play it :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt, Murder Mountain sure didn’t help our Property Values,, bur it tells the truth, which I appreciate, no matter how bad it looks.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

whatwouldcooleydo?

PeterG wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:

No doubt, Murder Mountain sure didn’t help our Property Values,, bur it tells the truth, which I appreciate, no matter how bad it looks.
Throw myself off Murder Mountain, who will ever smoke my meth?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Guessing you didn’t read my post right above yours
Didn't see it until after i posted, didn't bother to delete mine.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Oh, 2020 DBT tour dates. There's so many of you. Just be cool down in front and don't push around. Just keep still. Keep it together. Oh, yeah.

Who's fighting and what for? Why are we fighting? Why are we fighting? We don't want to fight. Come on! This could be the most beautiful DBT tour of your lives

Lordscooges

Post by Lordscooges »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:First world problem: Nor Cal dates conflict with Wilco shows that go on sale tomorrow. IIRC, Wilco is in Santa Rosa same night as Petaluma show (not many miles between those towns) and then Wilco in Oakland same night as Fillmore
You're in luck, my friend! The Wilco show in Santa Rosa is the same night as DBT at the Fillmore in SF. Wilco is in Santa Rosa Thurs, 3/26. DBT in Petaluma Tues, 3/24. I'll be at both! Sonoma County! WOOO!

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

In for; London, Amsterdam, Antwerp and Oslo
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

London, sorted.

Now to decide if Ill go to the continent for more shows or head to the states again.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Lordscooges wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:First world problem: Nor Cal dates conflict with Wilco shows that go on sale tomorrow. IIRC, Wilco is in Santa Rosa same night as Petaluma show (not many miles between those towns) and then Wilco in Oakland same night as Fillmore
You're in luck, my friend! The Wilco show in Santa Rosa is the same night as DBT at the Fillmore in SF. Wilco is in Santa Rosa Thurs, 3/26. DBT in Petaluma Tues, 3/24. I'll be at both! Sonoma County! WOOO!

I will be at Mystic and Fillmore, followed by Wilco at Fox

Years back I had to pick between DBT and Gourds the same night in Portland. Chose DBT and for a very long time I never heard the end of it from Keith (Gourds’ drummer). Every time I would see them he’d be like, “what, no Truckers show tonight?”

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Man I miss The Gourds.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Right now, just HC (all three) and Webster Hall. New job + wanting to stay married + watching $$$. I'll just enjoy myself extra for those 4, and hope for another Brooklyn Bowl run in the summer of 2020.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Nowak666

Post by Nowak666 »

Does anyone know when they announce the opening acts?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Rock shows this week!! Though not for me :( :(

The year can finally begin.

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Just got back from the "tour opener" ...NO ENCORE!! Never seen that before. Still played for a hair over 2 hours. Home at 11. I guess they know were all getting older.

I've taken a few years off from DBT live shows. I was pretty happy with the setlist. I think 4 songs off the new album (maybe 3).

Still a fun time. I did record. I'll have the show up on the LMA before the end of tomorrow.

Also, kudos to the current sound person. He was playing Cate Le Bon right before the set started. One of my favorite albums from last year.

RECORDING SAMPLE:
https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/driv ... -long-live

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Fatah Ruark wrote:Just got back from the "tour opener" ...NO ENCORE!! Never seen that before. Still played for a hair over 2 hours. Home at 11. I guess they know were all getting older.

I've taken a few years off from DBT live shows. I was pretty happy with the setlist. I think 4 songs off the new album (maybe 3).

Still a fun time. I did record. I'll have the show up on the LMA before the end of tomorrow.

Also, kudos to the current sound person. He was playing Cate Le Bon right before the set started. One of my favorite albums from last year.

RECORDING SAMPLE:
Thanks for the report. Any chance of a setlist?

FYI, the "no encore" approach has been the rule for some time now w/ only a couple of exceptions since the band adopted that approach.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Saw the setlist on FB. I'm very happy to see that "Play It All Night Long" is back, at least to some extent. Hoping to hear it at one of the February shows.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Setlist per Zip Up to Michigan:

DBT Boulder
8:
Slow ride
Heroin
One of these days
Play it all night long
Pin hits the shell
Do it yourself
First air
Annette
Marry Me
Sink Hole
Uncle frank
Armageddon
Heathens
3 dimes
Ronnie and Niel
DD&N
Guitar man
Somethings got to give
Sounds better
Thoughts and Prayers
Ramon
Darkened. Flags
Kk
Grand Canyon.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Fatah Ruark wrote:Just got back from the "tour opener" ...NO ENCORE!! Never seen that before. Still played for a hair over 2 hours. Home at 11. I guess they know were all getting older.

RECORDING SAMPLE:
Sounds great! Thanks
Always go to the show

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

RECORDING SAMPLE:
Thanks for recording!!! Hoping you’ll be in Denver this weekend.

I noticed the Cate Le Bon track as well. I turned to my friend and basically said the same thing you said above.

Sorry for the incomplete and grammatically incorrect setlist posted via Uncle Ricky. He was supposed to edit that and make me look good. :twisted: :lol: I was way over served last night.

Really good show last night in an awesome venue. Excited for what the rest of the weekend has left.

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Thanks for the update on the encore situation. Good to know. Encore's are kind of stupid. Makes no difference to me if they would have walked off the stage 2 songs before the end of the set to make an "encore."

I should have the recording done and up on the LMA later today.

I'm not going to either Gothic show. I've been on a DBT hiatus (hence not know the encore situation). Not sure I'm ready for multi-night runs again.

I do think there may be a taper for at least 1 night of the Gothic. Maybe both.

George

Post by George »

Thanks for the Boulder show info.

I'm going to the show at the Gothic tonight. I'll post some pictures afterwards.