Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15 (presale starts 11/13)

Post by beantownbubba »

There has GOT to be a better way. I did get 1 for Friday, but really...
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

Well, that was an exercise in frustration.
Now it's dark.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Do they only put like 9 tickets for each night on the presale? Seems like presale is gone within a few minutes every year.
Let the outside air in

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

No Tickets :( I was on the site at 9:59, clicked purchase as soon as 10:00 rolled. Not enough tickets to fulfill your request.
Will be online Friday to get the tickets.
- RedCelt

Clams

Post by Clams »

scotto wrote: I get it. Life gets in the way. Wife's birthday is Feb. 15 and mine's the 23rd, and she runs a small indy one-person bookstore, so that's been her traditional post-holiday breather (plus a Valentine's day combo) and the only "us time" of the year. So not that I couldn't go, just never proposed it.
But I'm finally going this year. And she wants me to: I'm turning 60 and looking forward to my first Homecoming.
I am likely out this year. I think missing a chance to hang with first timers like Scotto (and I believe Sacto and Emandrisdad as well) is the worst part.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Narducci19

Post by Narducci19 »

No tickets here as well. Logged in right at 10:00, and when tried to purchase first night it said tickets were not available. Oh well, try again Friday I guess.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

schlanky wrote:Do they only put like 9 tickets for each night on the presale? Seems like presale is gone within a few minutes every year.

My sense from my own experience and others' comments is that a "few minutes" is an overstatement. If you tried right at 10 you had a chance, but only a chance. By 10:01 it was too late. Again, I don't know what the thinking of the powers that be is, but this does not seem like a fair, efficient or effective process.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

scotto wrote:
Zip City wrote:Hopefully the band is still going in 20 years when I retire, because that will be the only time mid-February will be open for me to see them
I get it. Life gets in the way. Wife's birthday is Feb. 15 and mine's the 23rd, and she runs a small indy one-person bookstore, so that's been her traditional post-holiday breather (plus a Valentine's day combo) and the only "us time" of the year. So not that I couldn't go, just never proposed it.
But I'm finally going this year. And she wants me to: I'm turning 60 and looking forward to my first Homecoming.
YES! And I look forward to seeing you there.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
scotto wrote: I get it. Life gets in the way. Wife's birthday is Feb. 15 and mine's the 23rd, and she runs a small indy one-person bookstore, so that's been her traditional post-holiday breather (plus a Valentine's day combo) and the only "us time" of the year. So not that I couldn't go, just never proposed it.
I am likely out this year. I think missing a chance to hang with first timers like Scotto (and I believe Sacto and Emandrisdad as well) is the worst part.
Knew about sacto but not emandrisdad so that's more good news. I am not going to embarrass myself by telling you again how much you'll be missed.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

beantownbubba wrote:There has GOT to be a better way. I did get 1 for Friday, but really...
I think the whole presale thing has gotten out of control. With the Sturgill/Childers debacle, there was a verified fan presale, then a Sturgill artist presale, then a Childers artist presale, in addition to specific presales for Amex and Spotify. Might be missing a few.

Homecoming isn't nearly that bad, of course, but there's something to be said for just making people aware of when tickets go on sale and then...selling the fucking tickets. Of course, measures need to be taken to combat scalping, but that's gonna be true no matter what.

By opening up a small, unspecified number of tickets via black box presales, we're really just making it so fans have to clear their schedules, log on, and fight for tickets on multiple occasions. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather just swing and miss once and then take stock of my options (secondary market, trading, etc.).
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

scotto

Re: Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15

Post by scotto »

Well shoot.
So, pardon my ignorance, but roughly how many tickets are available each night vs. how many Homecomers are trying to get them? In other words, are the regular sales Friday as much of a debacle as the presale or should I just plan on saving my 90 bucks and buying more records?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

scotto wrote:Well shoot.
So, pardon my ignorance, but roughly how many tickets are available each night vs. how many Homecomers are trying to get them? In other words, are the regular sales Friday as much of a debacle as the presale or should I just plan on saving my 90 bucks and buying more records?
The capacity of the 40 Watt is about 500. Historically, they don't all sell out the first day they're on sale (especially Thursday). I'd say your odds are decent to get what you need if you log on at 10 on Friday. But we'll see what this year holds.
Last edited by Mundane Mayhem on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I never even try the presale. Just get them from the 40 Watt. Always works fine.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

That went quicker than I thought. Went in for Saturday, completed the page and hit pay... timed out. None left when I went back in.
However, I did keep trying on the grounds of that sometimes tickets drop back into the system, and was able to pull Thursday and Friday about about ten and quarter past respectively.
Hoping to get Saturday ticket on Friday, all being well.

I do agree that the whole presale thing is an absolute nightmare though, some events have 4 or 5 and it's just daft.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Last year was the first time that Saturday night sold out during the first day of general onsale. It took 6-8 hours to happen, but it did. It years past it would take weeks to sell out, and a little longer for the other nights. This will be my 9th Homecoming and Friday/Saturday has sold out every year, and the last couple of years Thursday has as well.

As long as you buy tickets on Friday you should be good. I only got Friday night today so I'm going to be online at 10:00am on Friday to get Thursday/Saturday. I wouldn't wait around too long, especially with Saturday tickets.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Clams wrote:
Oh, man! VERY disappointing. We'll have to raise a glass elsewhere. Hope all is well with you.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

I guess I was one of the very, very few lucky ones: I got my one ticket for all three nights.

I'm such a stress-ball about it--for no good reason, as I know rationally that the Friday general should take care of everyone--that having that worry--unnecessary worry--off my plate is a huge relief. I should switch to decaf.

Bottom line: my 3rd Homecoming is booked, flight, shuttle, lodging, and tickets. I cannot wait to see all of you. Been looking forward to this...since the end of LAST HC!

I'd love to have that running list started once everyone gets their tix Friday...
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Clams wrote: likely .
So there is still hope
Always go to the show

Flea

Post by Flea »

Jonicont wrote:
Clams wrote: likely .
So there is still hope
The dope's that there's still hope.
Now it's dark.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Flea wrote: The dope's that there's still hope.
Not a bad song to have stuck in my head now.

Tickets purchased---officially IN!
Let the outside air in

Narducci19

Post by Narducci19 »

Tickets procured for all 3 nights! Sweet!

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Saturday ticket bought, in for all 3.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Narducci19 wrote:Tickets procured for all 3 nights! Sweet!
X2
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Computer was a bit balky this am so there was some scrambling and anxiety on this end, but all's well that end's well. Tix for all 3 nites now safely saved on my computer. :D :D Now I can take care of flight details; hotel's already booked, HC has once again become real. :D :D

Corner Fool

Post by Corner Fool »

In for Fri and Sat. Looking forward to first HC

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Corner Fool wrote:In for Fri and Sat. Looking forward to first HC
Welcome home
Always go to the show

wordmeester

Homecoming2020

Post by wordmeester »

Seems like there are quite a few Homecoming virgins attending in 2020... may their sacrifices be joyous and their pleasures be plentiful. With a new DBT album coming, this year is sure to be another epic experience... I'll leave it my HeAthen elders to open the official roll-call, but count this mo-fo in!

Can't wait to see you all.

Be well.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Minor email snafus aside, the process went very smoothly and all my anxiety was for nothing. In with a friend for all 3 nights!
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Flea

Post by Flea »

Officially IN, big thanks to the Wordman!
Now it's dark.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tickets secured for all 3 nights. This will be our 9th Homecoming, and my daughter's 2nd. Looking forward to it again.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.