Brooklyn Bowl Pre-Game @ Chez Wordman, 6/22

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

glennrwordman

Brooklyn Bowl Pre-Game @ Chez Wordman, 6/22

Post by glennrwordman »

Hey, Heathens attending the Saturday, June 22 Brooklyn Bowl show: Quick Bright Thing and I will be opening the doors to our apartment for some pre-show cheer and community communing.

We're in west midtown (address and details below), and we'll provide homemade snacks and finger food. (We LIKE to cook; there will be plenty of delicious food). It's BYOB, but I will have some Michter's on hand (and perhaps another bottle or two).

Since we do have a New York City-sized apartment, we will need to have some idea of how many Heathens are planning on coming, so...if you're up for it, let me know! Hope to see some of you. Please let me know if there's anyone coming NOT on 3DD I should reach out to separately.

Saturday, June 22, 1:00-4:00 PM
400 W. 43rd Street
Apt. 36-H
SW corner of 9th Avenue
(Subway: A, C, E to Port Authority/42nd Street, walk west to apartment. Also: N, Q, R, W; 1, 2, 3 to Times Square, walk west).
Snacks & Stuff provided
BYOB
RSVP here...let me know if you need my cell here: glennraucher at gmail dot com.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

beantownbubba

Re: Brooklyn Bowl Pre-Game @ Chez Wordman, 6/22

Post by beantownbubba »

Nice. Sorry I won't be there that wkend.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

There is a musical artist who was active musically in a group during the 70’s and 80’s who I am almost certain lives in that building as I took guitar lessons with that person years ago. I won’t mention the person’s name but that address is very familiar.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Agerst1574 wrote:There is a musical artist who was active musically in a group during the 70’s and 80’s who I am almost certain lives in that building as I took guitar lessons with that person years ago. I won’t mention the person’s name but that address is very familiar.
Manhattan Plaza has a pretty rich history of artists who lived or are living here. It was Tennessee Williams' last home; Charles Mingus. Dexter Gordon. Al Pacino. Alicia Keys. Terence Howard. Dylan Baker. Timothée Chalamet. Larry David. Samuel L. Jackson was a security guard here. Lots of others, famous and not.

And us. Not so famous, not even almost famous...
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

glennrwordman wrote:
Agerst1574 wrote:There is a musical artist who was active musically in a group during the 70’s and 80’s who I am almost certain lives in that building as I took guitar lessons with that person years ago. I won’t mention the person’s name but that address is very familiar.
Manhattan Plaza has a pretty rich history of artists who lived or are living here. It was Tennessee Williams' last home; Charles Mingus. Dexter Gordon. Al Pacino. Alicia Keys. Terence Howard. Dylan Baker. Timothée Chalamet. Larry David. Samuel L. Jackson was a security guard here. Lots of others, famous and not.

And us. Not so famous, not even almost famous...
Ah,so I was right. That is the building. The person I am referring to still lives there and I believe is still giving guitar lessons,

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

glennrwordman wrote: Manhattan Plaza has a pretty rich history of artists who lived or are living here. It was Tennessee Williams' last home; Charles Mingus. Dexter Gordon. Al Pacino. Alicia Keys. Terence Howard. Dylan Baker. Timothée Chalamet. Larry David. Samuel L. Jackson was a security guard here.
Uhhh, holy shit.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Rocky wrote:
glennrwordman wrote: Manhattan Plaza has a pretty rich history of artists who lived or are living here. It was Tennessee Williams' last home; Charles Mingus. Dexter Gordon. Al Pacino. Alicia Keys. Terence Howard. Dylan Baker. Timothée Chalamet. Larry David. Samuel L. Jackson was a security guard here.
Uhhh, holy shit.
That is a VERY partial list.

There was a very charming (if a little low-budget) doc made about it: https://miracleon42ndstreet.org/. It's showing at DOC NYC in November, but you can find the whole thing on demand.

This is a little history of the buildings themselves, born out of the "Ford to City: Drop Dead" financial crisis of the 70s: https://miracleon42ndstreet.org/history ... tan-plaza/

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hey Wordman. Thanks for the heads up. Fascinating stuff.

By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Rocky wrote:Hey Wordman. Thanks for the heads up. Fascinating stuff.

My pleasure. It's a neat fringe benefit of living here...

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Post-Memorial Day check-in!

Still trying to get a count for the gathering. If you're interested in coming by, let me know. Wouldn't want to run outta vittles.

~G

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Hope to see everyone there! This will be a good time.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Appreciate the thought but it's the wrong Brooklyn weekend for me. Drink a shot of Michters for me, Wordman!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Clams wrote:Appreciate the thought but it's the wrong Brooklyn weekend for me. Drink a shot of Michters for me, Wordman!
Slow sippin', Sir, slow sippin'...

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

uncle rickey wrote:Hope to see everyone there! This will be a good time.
That's a LOT of pressure! :mrgreen:

It will, though. We're looking forward to it, and seeing so many friends. Oh, and a few terrific shows, natch.