Boulder Theater- Fri 10/5

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Gaetzi

Boulder Theater- Fri 10/5

Post by Gaetzi »

Figured I should start up a proper discussion- Truckers back in Boulder tonight! I think the last show they played at the Boulder Theater was for the 2015 Dirt Underneith tour and prior to that April of 2013. It doesn't seem like that long ago but those were the first shows I saw post Neff.

Anyway, here's to a raucous Friday night in Boulder!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

walthers

Re: Boulder Theater- Fri 10/5

Post by walthers »

Yes sir, I believe you are correct about those dates. I’m in and stoked, haven’t been to a proper rock show in awhile. Can’t wait!

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

In for all three this weekend! Love the poster.

All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I'm debating about heading up to Ft Collins Sunday for the show. I don't know that town very well and the venue looks pretty cool.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Women Without Whiskey
Puttin’ People on the Moon
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Days of Graduation—>
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
Thoughts and Prayers
Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Gravity’s Gone
The Company I Keep
Slow Ride Argument
Babies in Cages
Shit Shots Count
I’m Eighteen
Zip City
Dead, Drunk and Naked—>
Guitar Man Upstairs
Lookout Mountain
Filthy and Fried
The Righteous Path
Kinky Hypocrite
The KKK Took My Baby Away
Used to Be a Cop
Uncle Frank
What It Means
Marry Me
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy

gepman

Post by gepman »

Looks like a fun show, has to be the longest show the year...

Flea

Post by Flea »

Great to see Used To Be A Cop getting some air.
Now it's dark.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Great show, solid two and a half hours non stop. I thought the the setlist was great, good amount of new and old. Thought it was odd though, right at about 11:30 many people cleared out, made more room for us but was just a little surprised that people didn't stay until the end.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

uncle rickey wrote:Women Without Whiskey
Puttin’ People on the Moon
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Days of Graduation—>
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
Thoughts and Prayers
Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Gravity’s Gone
The Company I Keep
Slow Ride Argument
Babies in Cages
Shit Shots Count
I’m Eighteen
Zip City
Dead, Drunk and Naked—>
Guitar Man Upstairs
Lookout Mountain
Filthy and Fried
The Righteous Path
Kinky Hypocrite
The KKK Took My Baby Away
Used to Be a Cop
Uncle Frank
What It Means
Marry Me
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy
That's a proper goddamn rock show.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

walthers wrote:Great show, solid two and a half hours non stop. I thought the the setlist was great, good amount of new and old. Thought it was odd though, right at about 11:30 many people cleared out, made more room for us but was just a little surprised that people didn't stay until the end.
I think what we witnessed was legitimate Rock Show fatigue. Literally, between the opener and a monster DBT set, it was almost too much rock. I've flown all over the country seeing the Truckers and by about midnight on Friday I was ready for it to be done. The band was rocking, certainly not a knock on them but my crew was all fading and losing focus, as was I. And assuming a lot of folks there were more casual fans I can't blame anyone for leaving early. Friday night's are tough in general, the end of a long work week, etc.

walthers

Post by walthers »

All great points. Friday night shows are the toughest for me as well, usually by Friday night I just want to relax on the couch.

gerg

Post by gerg »

Gaetzi wrote:
walthers wrote:Great show, solid two and a half hours non stop. I thought the the setlist was great, good amount of new and old. Thought it was odd though, right at about 11:30 many people cleared out, made more room for us but was just a little surprised that people didn't stay until the end.
I think what we witnessed was legitimate Rock Show fatigue. Literally, between the opener and a monster DBT set, it was almost too much rock. I've flown all over the country seeing the Truckers and by about midnight on Friday I was ready for it to be done. The band was rocking, certainly not a knock on them but my crew was all fading and losing focus, as was I. And assuming a lot of folks there were more casual fans I can't blame anyone for leaving early. Friday night's are tough in general, the end of a long work week, etc.
wiki/christ

walthers

Post by walthers »

gerg wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:
wiki/christ
Not really sure what that means, but ok.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Gaetzi wrote:
I agree. I notice this as well at shows about 2/3 through.
Standing for 4-5 hours amongst a tight crowd, usually a bit on the hot side, isn't for everyone, especially the casual fans...

George

Post by George »

Hopefully better late than never...

I finally joined this forum and uploaded these pictures that I took at the Boulder Theatre on 10/5/2018.

I have heard Patterson during some live shows from archive.org say things like "we're gonna play right to the end" and they surely did this night. It was two and a half hours with no breaks and no encores.

It was my first DBT show but surely won't be the last.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Nice shots! But I must admit when I first saw this thread pop back up, I thought they had announced a Boulder show in October 2019. No such luck.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs