NFL 2018

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

NFL 2018

Post by chuckrh »

even though i'm becoming increasingly disillusioned by the league (shills for the establishment & america, inc), its still 1 of the high holy days. first real game of the season. GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: NFL 2018

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I divorced myself from the NFL after the 2014 season but I'm going to slowly dip my toes back in. Probably not going to go full on Bear fan like I was for 45 plus years but I'll watch some games. I miss being excited about opening day but, to paraphrase the great B.B. King, that thrill is probably gone.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Come on, TC, now you have a pass rusher. Ignore all the posturing and politics, and enjoy the games.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

R A I D E R S!!!!
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

bovine knievel wrote:R A I D E R S!!!!

raiders are my afc team. i worry for them. gruden may have early onset dementia. i hope beast mode has a great year. he's my favorite offensive player & earl thomas is my fave on defense.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Have spent the last couple years fairly distant from the NFL, trying to get back into it, especially since the Titans might be good this year.

Feels like a long time since the glory days of Steve McNair and Eddie George.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I always have NFL fatigue long before the actual season starts. ESPN is just NFL 365 days a year
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

LBRod wrote:Come on, TC, now you have a pass rusher. Ignore all the posturing and politics, and enjoy the games.
Has nothing to do with politics. I stopped enjoying the games. What pass rusher? I don’t know anything about the Bears.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
LBRod wrote:Come on, TC, now you have a pass rusher. Ignore all the posturing and politics, and enjoy the games.
Has nothing to do with politics. I stopped enjoying the games. What pass rusher? I don’t know anything about the Bears.
Damn, TC! Nice job on keeping your in the sand.

LB is referring to Khalil Mack. Big trade acquisition for da Bears.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

seriously boring game. ATL needs new offensive coordinator. NFL putting out bad product. the frontline players ill prepared, not enough real practice & not playing preseason. it was brutal to watch.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

bovine knievel wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Damn, TC! Nice job on keeping your in the sand.

LB is referring to Khalil Mack. Big trade acquisition for da Bears.
Honestly, although I realize I could easily find my answer through The Google, I don't even know who their QB is. Or the QBs for most of the teams in the league.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I find that nearly impossible to believe based on the amount of Chicago sports media that I think you consume

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:I find that nearly impossible to believe based on the amount of Chicago sports media that I think you consume
I consume no Chicago sports media whatsoever outside of a few baseball pieces. I listened to WSCR for the last time the day Terry Boers retired in January of 2017 and really hadn't listened to it much in the 8 months prior to that. The only sport I watch is baseball and the only sports radio I listen to is MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM. I do subscribe to the Athletic but only read the baseball articles. I also participate in several baseball/Cubs groups and read Bleacher Nation posts on FB. That's it. I'm not bullshitting at all. It all stressed me out too much so I gave it all up.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Zip City wrote:I find that nearly impossible to believe based on the amount of Chicago sports media that I think you consume
I consume no Chicago sports media whatsoever outside of a few baseball pieces. I listened to WSCR for the last time the day Terry Boers retired in January of 2017 and really hadn't listened to it much in the 8 months prior to that. The only sport I watch is baseball and the only sports radio I listen to is MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM. I do subscribe to the Athletic but only read the baseball articles. I also participate in several baseball/Cubs groups and read Bleacher Nation posts on FB. That's it. I'm not bullshitting at all. It all stressed me out too much so I gave it all up.
Fair enough. It just feels like you have to go out of your way to avoid NFL news these days

Flea

Post by Flea »

If I were casting a Dungeons & Dragons film, Tony Dungy would be the angry but wise Drow Elf.
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

wild week 1 so far....

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

My mother called me last night and told me to put on the Bears game because they looked good. I said I probably wouldn't as I wasn't quite ready to jump in whole hog. Since my FB feed this morning is full of angry Bears fans, some renouncing the team forever, I think I made the wise choice. Ain't nobody got time for that. Who is the best team in the NFL? Maybe next Sunday I'll watch whoever that might be.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

^^^^^^
Your old team just might have found their QB!

The fans shouldn't be mad at the Bears... Rodgers had the comeback game of his career last night.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

bovine knievel wrote:^^^^^^

The fans shouldn't be mad at the Bears... Rodgers had the comeback game of his career last night.
I don't know anything about the QB but everything I saw from friends this morning was how much he sucks. Honestly, the negativity is probably part of why I don't watch football anymore. It's bad enough with the negative Nellies in baseball, which I can mitigate over a long season, but with football it used to affect my whole week in terms of mood.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:^^^^^^

I don't know anything about the QB but everything I saw from friends this morning was how much he sucks. Honestly, the negativity is probably part of why I don't watch football anymore. It's bad enough with the negative Nellies in baseball, which I can mitigate over a long season, but with football it used to affect my whole week in terms of mood.
The smart ass answer is you need new friends. Honestly, if you can't just enjoy the game and ignore the rest, I guess you're doing the right thing.
Last night's game was highly entertaining. The Bears seem to be on the right track.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

LBRod wrote:The smart ass answer is you need new friends. Honestly, if you can't just enjoy the game and ignore the rest, I guess you're doing the right thing.
Last night's game was highly entertaining. The Bears seem to be on the right track.
I never was able to do that. As a football fan Beth described me as "not the man I married". I would yell obscenities at the screen, throw shoes, scare the fuck out of the dogs and the veins in my neck would stick out. After a loss I'd have to sequester myself for a while before I could even speak to someone because i would have a headache so bad I couldn't see straight. It was not attractive and that kind of stress isn't healthy. I've never been that way with other sports but I was with football and eventually it, and other things, led to me not enjoying the sport. Now I watch 2-3 SEC games a year with no rooting interest and the occasional Cowboy game with my mother in-law because she loves their QB.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Found this thread on p2 in the middle of football season, well below the fantasy thread. Sad.

Watched my first non-Patriots game of the season yesterday and it was a barn burner. Rams @ Saints was flat out fun to watch if one didn't have a dog in the hunt or a bet on the line. Of course it was more reminiscent of flag football than what I think of as the NFL but still, it was 3 hrs well spent.

Brady v. Rodgers, aka Pats v. Packers came up a little short in the artistry dept but was still fun to watch. You know, everybody sees it, many people say it, yet so few people do it and it was on full display last nite. What separates Brady and Rodgers from the pack, no pun intended, is their brains & experience not their considerable talent (though they have that too). Yet teams continue to throw young, promising QB's under the bus in some strange trial by fire ritual that's almost guaranteed to stunt and maybe prevent their growth & development. It takes 3 to 5 yrs to become a front rank NFL QB and it's far preferable if the first year or even 2 is spent on the bench. And yet...

Looks like Gordon will be the latest successful Patriots reclamation project, though I guess w/ him it's still way too soon to tell. But at least so far, the "Patriot Way", as much as it makes me gag and as much as it's at least 80% bullshit, is actually a competitive advantage. Interesting.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Saints v. 'Boys Thursday night

WHO DAT!

Black and Gold Superbowl

Looks like a repeat of 2009 in college and pro ball (RTR!)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Saints are the best team I've seen this season and they're fun to watch, too.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:Saints are the best team I've seen this season and they're fun to watch, too.
agreed, bubba. i'll be happy if my Seahawks just make the playoffs this year. they are playing much better than was expected. pete carroll is doing a monumental job coaching this year.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Saints are the best team I've seen this season and they're fun to watch, too.
agreed, bubba.
Well, so much for that :lol:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The NFL has learned NOTHING since Ray Rice

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Fuck football. What a bunch of overgrown bitches. Cunts even. Fuck you Kareem hunt and tyreek hill. And has anything improved at Oklahoma State since he beat up his pregnant girlfriend? Fuck no. You still have That MAGA piece of shit Mike Gundy recruiting haredened criminals. I’m sure my niece will be going to school there in a few years which makes me sick. I got duped into enjoying the nfl this year and particularly the chiefs but I’m all done now. Besides it’s a quick and easy life improvement to take Sunday and go hike. Bike. Climb. Ski. Jack off with a cheese grader. Anything but support a bunch of abusive pussies.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Pats played probably their most complete game of the season. Oh, it's December.

And in answer to the question, can the NFL develop a sense of humor?, the "tribute" to Brady accumulating 1,000 career rushing yards was pretty amusing, hilarious by NFL standards.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

boyyourself wrote:Fuck football. What a bunch of overgrown bitches. Cunts even. Fuck you Kareem hunt and tyreek hill. And has anything improved at Oklahoma State since he beat up his pregnant girlfriend? Fuck no. You still have That MAGA piece of shit Mike Gundy recruiting haredened criminals. I’m sure my niece will be going to school there in a few years which makes me sick. I got duped into enjoying the nfl this year and particularly the chiefs but I’m all done now. Besides it’s a quick and easy life improvement to take Sunday and go hike. Bike. Climb. Ski. Jack off with a cheese grader. Anything but support a bunch of abusive pussies.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM