House of Blues - Myrtle Beach, SC - 7/12/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brett27295

House of Blues - Myrtle Beach, SC - 7/12/18

Post by brett27295 »

Setlist courtesy of Mark Creech via Facebook.

I know we all say this after a show but this one was epic. More thoughts later. Need to sleep. FYI: Always go to the show.

1. Filthy and Fried
2. The Righteous Path
3. Ramon Casiano
4. Tornadoes
5. Women Without Whiskey
6. Days of Graduation
7. Ronnie and Neil
8. 72 (This Highway's Mean)
9. 21st Century USA
10. English Oceans
11. Babies in Cages
12. Ghost to Most
13. The Opening Act
14. Sounds Better in the Song
15. Heathens
16. Kinky Hypocrite
17. The KKK Took My Baby Away
18. Why Henry Drinks
19. Marry Me
20. Lookout Mountain
21. Gravity’s Gone
22. World Of Hurt
23. Surrender Under Protest
24. Darken Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
25. Once They Banned Imagine
26. What It Means
27. Zip City
28. Hell No I Ain’t Happy
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Re: House of Blues - Myrtle Beach, SC - 7/12/18

Post by beantownbubba »

Wow.

I was just thinking that it was time for "Imagine" to make an appearance. And congrats on finally getting "Days of Graduation."

28 songs in 2:45 = one song about every 6 minutes; practically punk-like :)

And on top of everything else, a Gator McKlusky sighting. :o
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I was going to try to put some coherent words together & review last night's show in Myrtle Beach but it's really pointless. It was your typical run of the mill DBT epic blowout. We've all been to them. At a certain point last night you could just tell shit was getting real. I've been to enough shows now where it's impossible to rank them, but last night was one of the great ones. You could tell they were excited to shake off the time constraints of their opening slot on the TTB tour.

I sure hope 21st Century America & Babies in Cages make the new album. I avoided recordings of those new songs because I was pretty sure I'd get them last night. They're great. We didn't get Slow Ride Argument but I caught it twice in March. The fact these guys can churn out the quality songs they do 20+ years in is nothing short of amazing. Goddamn.

And yes I finally got Days of Graduation thanks to my good friend Dr. John (and Patterson of course). It was everything I always thought it would be. I'm pretty sure when he came to the front of the stage & looked down at me he was saying telepathically "here you go fucker" lol.

Sometimes I feel like a 45 year old fan boy but I don't give a damn. The band and their music mean something to people. It's also why I never tease my students about the bands they love (at least to their faces). I think love of music is one of the things that makes us human and sometimes it's what allows us to face the day.

dsmith73

Post by dsmith73 »

It was a great show. My first since Homecoming which is way too long. I was a little disappointed in the attendance but I guess you never know what you are going to get in a vacation town.
Maybe everyday is Saturday morning...

moedbt

Post by moedbt »

Please let there be a recording of this epicness

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

moedbt wrote:Please let there be a recording of this epicness
In all it's glory. Check back periodically
Always go to the show

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

dsmith73 wrote:It was a great show. My first since Homecoming which is way too long. I was a little disappointed in the attendance but I guess you never know what you are going to get in a vacation town.
It really surprises me that you still see DBT shows that are only 2/3 to 3/4 full.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Damn, I forgot the best part. A DBT chant started during the group bow, Patterson changed it to an EZB chant. And EZB danced a little jig. It was a perfect end to an epic show!

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Yes it was epic! Haven’t seen the rock show in almost two years so I was pretty damn excited to be there. Show number 32 for me and that was my first Days of Graduation also. Also finally got to see Matt sing the KKK Took my baby away and it was just as awesome as all the videos I have seen.

Loving the new resist shirts too!

And It was great to see the good doctor as always.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

brett27295 wrote:And yes I finally got Days of Graduation thanks to my good friend Dr. John (and Patterson of course).

I had nothing to do with this
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

brett27295 wrote:Damn, I forgot the best part. A DBT chant started during the group bow, Patterson changed it to an EZB chant. And EZB danced a little jig. It was a perfect end to an epic show!
That was great
Always go to the show

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Jonicont wrote:
brett27295 wrote:And yes I finally got Days of Graduation thanks to my good friend Dr. John (and Patterson of course).

I had nothing to do with this
Well either Patterson felt my need to finally hear it or (more likely) he saw my post on Facebook lol. Either way I'll take it.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

brett27295 wrote:I was going to try to put some coherent words together & review last night's show in Myrtle Beach but it's really pointless. It was your typical run of the mill DBT epic blowout. We've all been to them. At a certain point last night you could just tell shit was getting real. I've been to enough shows now where it's impossible to rank them, but last night was one of the great ones. You could tell they were excited to shake off the time constraints of their opening slot on the TTB tour.

I sure hope 21st Century America & Babies in Cages make the new album. I avoided recordings of those new songs because I was pretty sure I'd get them last night. They're great. We didn't get Slow Ride Argument but I caught it twice in March. The fact these guys can churn out the quality songs they do 20+ years in is nothing short of amazing. Goddamn.

And yes I finally got Days of Graduation thanks to my good friend Dr. John (and Patterson of course). It was everything I always thought it would be. I'm pretty sure when he came to the front of the stage & looked down at me he was saying telepathically "here you go fucker" lol.

Sometimes I feel like a 45 year old fan boy but I don't give a damn. The band and their music mean something to people. It's also why I never tease my students about the bands they love (at least to their faces). I think love of music is one of the things that makes us human and sometimes it's what allows us to face the day.
I could not like this post any more than I do. Thanks for this Brett.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life