MLB 2018

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cubfan06

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Cubfan06 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Yeah, I might put Russell in a deal but not Schwarber. I predicted he’d be a .280/.380/.580 hitter and he’s just about there. That kind of lefty bat with 40 HR power does not grow on trees. Plus Baltimore wants pitching so it’s not even a viable trade option. Philly or Atlanta seem to be the most likely landing spots for him if they’re in it in July with Atlanta being more likely given their ridiculous minor league pitching depth. They have 5 55 grade pitching prospects in addition to the ones already up.
That's fair.

I agree that Philly and Atlanta have the resources to make that happen. Wouldn't the Nats make some sense in being aggressive while they still have Harper as well? Rendon could shift back to 2B.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cubfan06 wrote:Also, you and I must be watching a different Kyle Schwarber in the field. Yes, he has a plus arm. But his error total is lower than it should be because at times he isn't even close enough to the ball to be deemed one. I see him regularly misplay balls even when he is able to recover to get to it.
Nobody said he was great out there. I said slightly below average which what every metric says he is. People like to compare Schwarber to Adam Dunn but as his numbers show this year, and frankly since he came back from AA last July, he's shown to be a much better hitter than Dunn. In his career Dunn's top wRC+ was 142 and Kyle sits at 148 and looks like he can consistently be in that area, or roughly 50% above the league average run producer. Adding to that Dunn was a far worse LF by any metrics you can find and he played in the NL for 11 years. So Kyle is a better defender, a better hitter and people want to ship him off the AL? Tell me how that makes sense.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cubfan06 wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Yeah, I might put Russell in a deal but not Schwarber. I predicted he’d be a .280/.380/.580 hitter and he’s just about there. That kind of lefty bat with 40 HR power does not grow on trees. Plus Baltimore wants pitching so it’s not even a viable trade option. Philly or Atlanta seem to be the most likely landing spots for him if they’re in it in July with Atlanta being more likely given their ridiculous minor league pitching depth. They have 5 55 grade pitching prospects in addition to the ones already up.
That's fair.

I agree that Philly and Atlanta have the resources to make that happen. Wouldn't the Nats make some sense in being aggressive while they still have Harper as well? Rendon could shift back to 2B.
The Nats don't have a place for him to play assuming Rendon returns to health. Trea Turner is entrenched at SS.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:So the Chicago media has decided that Manny Machado must be acquired AT ALL COSTS. The current suggestion being floated out there by the Sun-Times and the CBS Local website is Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber and top (and maybe only real) pitching prospect Adbert Alzolay for 2 months of Machado. Russell may never be who people thought he would be offensively but he's 24 years old and an elite defender that will still post at least 2 WAR even if the bat doesn't come around. . Schwarber is beginning to come into his own with a slash of .269/.372/.546 with a .388 wOBA and a 147 wRC+ with 7 HR and 17 RBI and on a pace to post about 4.5-5 WAR this year, plus his defense is nowhere near as bad as the pundits would have you believe, he's really just below average which you can live with for that bat. Each has 3 years of control. So you're talking about trading 6 years of control and somewhere in the range of 21 WAR for a 2 month rental, and that's before you even figure on Alzolay who's probably a #3 starter in the show. The stupidity is amazing and the fans are eating it up. Here's the funny thing, I WANT MACHADO ON THE CUBS but he can be had in November for nothing but money and if they do move on for Russell he could be traded for more value. I'm going to have to listen to this bullshit for 2 1/2 months. Our Jewish friends have the right word for situations like this. Oy.
Gotta agree w/ you here, TC. Do people understand that we're talking about max 3 months of machado (if the deal got done before the deadline)? That's just crazy. And you don't just essentially give away .900+ OPS players. If you're gonna move Schwarber, it ought to be in a straight up trade for full value and it would obviously be to an AL club that could drop him right into the DH slot. I know less than you or cubfan about why the cubs are underperforming but i have to believe that offensive underproduction from Russell is not the key. Like Schwarber, I wouldn't say he's untouchable, but you gotta get full value for a player of that quality.

Excellent first game of the Sox-Yankees series last nite even if it was the wrong result. Stanton certainly put his stamp on the rivalry in a big way. Severino was terrific. Pomerantz was impressive in grinding through 6 w/out his best stuff and w/ an apparent problem on his pitching hand. And mookie betts is mookie betts.
Firstly, Happy Birthday mutherfucker.

For better or worse, Theo and Jed are enamored with Schwarber's offensive potential. I don't believe that they will consider packaging him for a rental player. I'll take a .900+OPS all day from him if he can keep it there as he has within the early part of the season. Let's also remember that while evaluating his solid start, this is the same guy that carried a sub .700 OPS until All Star break last year. I'm also working off a differing opinion of my dear friend TC, in which I believe he is an absolute liability waiting to happen.
I hope that he succeeds bigly and the wood that my boy TC carries for him proves to be prophetic. I'll remain a skeptic until the duration of 2018 plays out.

My primary position is that the Cubs should package Russell now in a swap for Machado. The Cubs have a plethora of options to adjust their infield around the Machado acquisition. Bryant can play 3B or in the Outfield. Machado can play SS or 3B. Zobrist or Ian Happ can play 2B or OF. Baez can excel at any place around the diamond.
Take advantage of the chinks in the Dodgers armor while it exists. Go win another pennant or WS this year.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cubfan06 wrote:Firstly, Happy Birthday mutherfucker.

For better or worse, Theo and Jed are enamored with Schwarber's offensive potential. I don't believe that they will consider packaging him for a rental player. I'll take a .900+OPS all day from him if he can keep it there as he has within the early part of the season. Let's also remember that while evaluating his solid start, this is the same guy that carried a sub .700 OPS until All Star break last year. I'm also working off a differing opinion of my dear friend TC, in which I believe he is an absolute liability waiting to happen.
I hope that he succeeds bigly and the wood that my boy TC carries for him proves to be prophetic. I'll remain a skeptic until the duration of 2018 plays out.

My primary position is that the Cubs should package Russell now in a swap for Machado. The Cubs have a plethora of options to adjust their infield around the Machado acquisition. Bryant can play 3B or in the Outfield. Machado can play SS or 3B. Zobrist or Ian Happ can play 2B or OF. Baez can excel at any place around the diamond.
Take advantage of the chinks in the Dodgers armor while it exists. Go win another pennant or WS this year.
Thanks!

You're pushing a really interesting POV, i.e. win now, not just because our team is good enough but also because the competition is wounded. Short-term v. long-term is an endless debate w/ no real winner, so I'll just say i respect that POV. But what makes it interesting is that unless something has changed, Theo & Jed came in w/ the Red Sox philosophy which is "we can't win every year but we can be competitive every year which should guarantee us our share of wins (pennants or championships). Given the Cubs' core and Theo's history which has generally been to stick w/ the plan, I don't see them jumping ship for a chance at a one time win. Of course, the stars could align to allow both strategies to play out, e.g. Machado becomes available for a price that doesn't damage the core, but unless that happens I can't see Theo & Jed going all in this, or in any single, year. But I've been known to be wrong.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cubfan06 wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:So the Chicago media has decided that Manny Machado must be acquired AT ALL COSTS. The current suggestion being floated out there by the Sun-Times and the CBS Local website is Addison Russell, Kyle Schwarber and top (and maybe only real) pitching prospect Adbert Alzolay for 2 months of Machado. Russell may never be who people thought he would be offensively but he's 24 years old and an elite defender that will still post at least 2 WAR even if the bat doesn't come around. . Schwarber is beginning to come into his own with a slash of .269/.372/.546 with a .388 wOBA and a 147 wRC+ with 7 HR and 17 RBI and on a pace to post about 4.5-5 WAR this year, plus his defense is nowhere near as bad as the pundits would have you believe, he's really just below average which you can live with for that bat. Each has 3 years of control. So you're talking about trading 6 years of control and somewhere in the range of 21 WAR for a 2 month rental, and that's before you even figure on Alzolay who's probably a #3 starter in the show. The stupidity is amazing and the fans are eating it up. Here's the funny thing, I WANT MACHADO ON THE CUBS but he can be had in November for nothing but money and if they do move on for Russell he could be traded for more value. I'm going to have to listen to this bullshit for 2 1/2 months. Our Jewish friends have the right word for situations like this. Oy.
Gotta agree w/ you here, TC. Do people understand that we're talking about max 3 months of machado (if the deal got done before the deadline)? That's just crazy. And you don't just essentially give away .900+ OPS players. If you're gonna move Schwarber, it ought to be in a straight up trade for full value and it would obviously be to an AL club that could drop him right into the DH slot. I know less than you or cubfan about why the cubs are underperforming but i have to believe that offensive underproduction from Russell is not the key. Like Schwarber, I wouldn't say he's untouchable, but you gotta get full value for a player of that quality.

Excellent first game of the Sox-Yankees series last nite even if it was the wrong result. Stanton certainly put his stamp on the rivalry in a big way. Severino was terrific. Pomerantz was impressive in grinding through 6 w/out his best stuff and w/ an apparent problem on his pitching hand. And mookie betts is mookie betts.
Firstly, Happy Birthday mutherfucker.

If you dive in to the numbers Schwarber had two horrific months last year in May and June, then he got he sent down and put up a slash of .255/.338/.565 with a 131 wRC+ and a .903 OPS after he came back. Basically he been above .900 OPS with about a 140 wRC+ ever since then. I don't think we should be waiting for the other shoe to drop. This is who we was projected to be and now he's that guy. He's disciplined at the plate and is the third best hitter on the team currently. I mean I know I've championed this guy forever but the skepticism towards this player makes me stabby.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:Firstly, Happy Birthday mutherfucker.

Thanks!

You're pushing a really interesting POV, i.e. win now, not just because our team is good enough but also because the competition is wounded. Short-term v. long-term is an endless debate w/ no real winner, so I'll just say i respect that POV. But what makes it interesting is that unless something has changed, Theo & Jed came in w/ the Red Sox philosophy which is "we can't win every year but we can be competitive every year which should guarantee us our share of wins (pennants or championships). Given the Cubs' core and Theo's history which has generally been to stick w/ the plan, I don't see them jumping ship for a chance at a one time win. Of course, the stars could align to allow both strategies to play out, e.g. Machado becomes available for a price that doesn't damage the core, but unless that happens I can't see Theo & Jed going all in this, or in any single, year. But I've been known to be wrong.
You are 100% correct about that continuing to be Theo and Jed's perspective. They have continued to preach that philosophy on their weekly radio spots. I'm simply hoping that the Cubs have revised their expectations towards what Addison Russell's ceiling is while taking into account the flexibility that they have to replace him in both the present and the future. For an organization with a long history of losing, while enjoying the fruits of 3 consecutive NLCS appearances and breaking a 108 year World Series drought, the easiest path politically would be to not deviate from the course.
My personal feeling is that adding a perennial MVP candidate in Machado with the rest of the lineup could shoot the moon. It's possible that putting Machado in this unique clubhouse while playing meaningful games at Wrigley might put you on the fast track towards resigning him in the offseason. Addison Russell is a nice fielder, however has had his issues with the yips throwing to first in recent past. And you don't lose much defensively by shifting Baez to SS in the present and future and gain offensively.
It's a unique situation, that I'd like to see Theo/Jed improvise in.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Schwarber isn't going to be traded in this deal. That isn't happening and I understand the point of view of why it won't.

Somehow I feel as though this whole debate stems back 12 months to two stubborn assholes arguing the merits of Schwarber playing time vs Albert Almora playing time. You have to at least admit that I'm in a better spot on Almora than I once was . ( What can I say, I have semi-wood for the guy) The real answer all along was less plate appearances before the 7th for Jason Heyward.
;)

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

I’ve heard the Braves included in a lot of the Machado discussions, which I’m fine with assuming the Orioles center the deal on a top level prospect OTHER than Ronald Acuña. The Braves farm system is flush with talent, but most aren't incredibly high ceiling. Acuña on the other hand, is as can’t touch as a player could be.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:I’ve heard the Braves included in a lot of the Machado discussions, which I’m fine with assuming the Orioles center the deal on a top level prospect OTHER than Ronald Acuña. The Braves farm system is flush with talent, but most aren't incredibly high ceiling. Acuña on the other hand, is as can’t touch as a player could be.
By everything I've read he sounds like an absolute stud. I'm looking forward to seeing him in person next Monday.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:I’ve heard the Braves included in a lot of the Machado discussions, which I’m fine with assuming the Orioles center the deal on a top level prospect OTHER than Ronald Acuña. The Braves farm system is flush with talent, but most aren't incredibly high ceiling. Acuña on the other hand, is as can’t touch as a player could be.
it would be one of the pitchers of which you have 5 guys beyond Foltenewicz, Newcomb and Soroka with 55 grades, Kyle Wright, Luis Gohara, Ian Anderson, Koby Allard and Max Fried all of whom look to be no worse than #3 starters. I probably wouldn't trade Wright for a rental, the rest should be fair game. After that they have three guys in Touki Toussiant, and Kyle Muller who might be as good as #3s, but will likely be BOR guys. The Braves have the best minor league pitching in all of baseball. It's truly impressive.

Acuña looks to be a top five player in the game within the next few years. No one in their right mind would trade him.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I wouldn't trade for Machado at all, since it's VERY unlikely he will re-sign with the team. He's not worth the rental price
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:I wouldn't trade for Machado at all, since it's VERY unlikely he will re-sign with the team. He's not worth the rental price
Actually I think he's very signable, but I wouldn't trade for him first. He would be target before Harper and it sounds like they will target one of them.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Zip City wrote:I wouldn't trade for Machado at all, since it's VERY unlikely he will re-sign with the team. He's not worth the rental price
Actually I think he's very signable, but I wouldn't trade for him first. He would be target before Harper and it sounds like they will target one of them.
Yes, he’s aignabme as a free agent, which is where I would choose to pursue him. Let someone else give up the farm for this season
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Another really, really tough, ok, excruciating, loss to the evil empire last nite. At least I didn't watch the whole thing, lol, but i was right "there" for the worst part. Kimbrel has amazing stats and when he's good he's fantastic, but it seems like he has too many bad moments. Could just be "selection bias" (he's a closer, when he fails it's gonna be highly visible and very difficult for everyone), I don't know, but it just doesn't feel like he's money in the bank this year.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:Another really, really tough, ok, excruciating, loss to the evil empire last nite. At least I didn't watch the whole thing, lol, but i was right "there" for the worst part. Kimbrel has amazing stats and when he's good he's fantastic, but it seems like he has too many bad moments. Could just be "selection bias" (he's a closer, when he fails it's gonna be highly visible and very difficult for everyone), I don't know, but it just doesn't feel like he's money in the bank this year.
Losing two straight like that had to hurt. That said your boys will turn the tables at some point but these two teams are going to be battling each other all season both head to head and in the standings. Question for you; in the face of such competition do Red Sox fans have fun watching baseball? I ask because I don't think Cubs fans have any fun watching the games or following the team unless there is next to no competition and the games are blowouts. If the Cubs had an opponent as close to the same talent level as the Red Sox and Yankees are I think heart attacks and aneurysms would follow. There was a time in my life where the games affected my mood but the anger I usually confined to a poorly played game here or there. Cubs fans were pissed that the Cubs won 4-3 the other day because, as one fan posted, "if you don't beat Miami by 4 runs or or more you consider the game a loss", well no, no you don't. Of course even outside of sports I think most people are just angry all the time but that's why I watch baseball, to have fun and help ease than daily pain. Just curious if you've seen the same thing.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Sox played w/ fire last nite but ultimately did hold on to pull out 1 of the 3 games and leave NYC tied w/ the Yankees for first place. It's shaping up to be an exciting summer. Sox blew a 4-0 lead in really ugly fashion but that just gave JD Martinez a chance to put his stamp on the rivalry as his HR was the margin of victory. Mookie Betts continues to play outstanding baseball, bringing supportable comparisons to the incomparable Willie Mays. Eduoardo Rodgriguez pitched superb 1 hit ball for 5 innings in the rain. When he's on, he's definitely one of those "good guys to have in the rotation" but he is maddeningly inconsistent. Speaking of inconsistency, Kimbrel was overpowering in pitching the 9th for the save.

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

80 game PED suspension for robinson cano

has to be the biggest name yet, no?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Another really, really tough, ok, excruciating, loss to the evil empire last nite. At least I didn't watch the whole thing, lol, but i was right "there" for the worst part. Kimbrel has amazing stats and when he's good he's fantastic, but it seems like he has too many bad moments. Could just be "selection bias" (he's a closer, when he fails it's gonna be highly visible and very difficult for everyone), I don't know, but it just doesn't feel like he's money in the bank this year.
Losing two straight like that had to hurt. That said your boys will turn the tables at some point but these two teams are going to be battling each other all season both head to head and in the standings. Question for you; in the face of such competition do Red Sox fans have fun watching baseball? I ask because I don't think Cubs fans have any fun watching the games or following the team unless there is next to no competition and the games are blowouts. If the Cubs had an opponent as close to the same talent level as the Red Sox and Yankees are I think heart attacks and aneurysms would follow. There was a time in my life where the games affected my mood but the anger I usually confined to a poorly played game here or there. Cubs fans were pissed that the Cubs won 4-3 the other day because, as one fan posted, "if you don't beat Miami by 4 runs or or more you consider the game a loss", well no, no you don't. Of course even outside of sports I think most people are just angry all the time but that's why I watch baseball, to have fun and help ease than daily pain. Just curious if you've seen the same thing.
Sorry, somehow missed this earlier. It's an interesting question and I don't think the answer will ever be "all or none" but my sense is that at least early in the season Sox fans can enjoy good baseball or a singular achievement even if the Sox lose or the achievement was by an opposing player or team. As the season wears on I think things shift. We're helped a lot here, I think, by the gamecasters on both tv and radio as well as by a good portion of the journalists covering the team: Most really do appreciate the game and can always appreciate greatness and excellent play no matter who displays it. But I have to say that I only have a perspective on a very small portion of red sox nation so I could be totally wrong when the numbers get large (although I will say that Sox fans at Fenway generally show appreciation for and knowledge of the game and will applaud outstanding play by the opposition (except sometimes the Yankees)). I think most fans would say it's possible/likely to have a good time at Fenway even when the Sox lose (all bets are off in September in a tight pennant race).

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Shakespeare wrote:80 game PED suspension for robinson cano

has to be the biggest name yet, no?
:o

A big name for sure. But bigger than, say, Manny Ramirez or Mark McGwire? That's a real question, I don't know the answer.

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

oh i meant in this modern testing era but i guess thats splitting hairs, especially with regards to manny

i dont think canos HOF candidacy was much up for debate yesterday but thats obviously changed. in that sense, tough to get a bigger name short of like..trout

i dont really deal in moral outrage over steroids (educate the players on the health risks and let them go, imo) but i definitely have less sympathy for anyone that gets popped for it nowadays. theres no mystery or plausible deniability anymore, even if some of the lines drawn are a bit arbitrary

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

In case anyone's wondering, I was totally surprised by the Sox DFAing Hanley Ramirez, as were all the Sox fans I talked to today. I loved Hanley when he first came up and was disappointed when he was traded so I was happy when the Sox brought him back, though I know his best years were probably behind him. The year of the LF experiment was a disaster and painful to watch, but since then I think he's been a pretty solid contributor. Slumping badly and looking bad doing it at the moment, it's true. Probably the right move but I need to get over my surprise before I can seriously evaluate it.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:In case anyone's wondering, I was totally surprised by the Sox DFAing Hanley Ramirez, as were all the Sox fans I talked to today. I loved Hanley when he first came up and was disappointed when he was traded so I was happy when the Sox brought him back, though I know his best years were probably behind him. The year of the LF experiment was a disaster and painful to watch, but since then I think he's been a pretty solid contributor. Slumping badly and looking bad doing it at the moment, it's true. Probably the right move but I need to get over my surprise before I can seriously evaluate it.
Saves them 22 million next year, though fiscal sanity and the Red Sox don't often meet these days.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:In case anyone's wondering, I was totally surprised by the Sox DFAing Hanley Ramirez, as were all the Sox fans I talked to today. I loved Hanley when he first came up and was disappointed when he was traded so I was happy when the Sox brought him back, though I know his best years were probably behind him. The year of the LF experiment was a disaster and painful to watch, but since then I think he's been a pretty solid contributor. Slumping badly and looking bad doing it at the moment, it's true. Probably the right move but I need to get over my surprise before I can seriously evaluate it.
Saves them 22 million next year, though fiscal sanity and the Red Sox don't often meet these days.
Exactly. I always discount financial motivations/explanations when it comes to the Sox. The money's always there if they really want it to be, which is as it should be for many franchises but certainly this super successful one. Which is not to say it wasn't a factor, just that it's not the first place my mind goes when trying to figure out their moves. I suppose in this case it's probably that he wasn't performing to his payscale, they presumably thought it wasn't going to get better and the Sox could afford both to eat this year's hit and don't mind gaining next year's $22M. They also talked about roster flexibility, which Mitch Moreland has already been justifying the past 2 days, so it seems like a pretty well thought out move w/ several factors involved. At least the Sox took pains to avoid the usual Boston sports team "go to" of bad mouthing departing players via rumors about clubhouse cancers, drug use or whatever other insult they can put out there w/ a straight face. In this case the Sox made clear that Hanley was a plus in the locker room and generally a good veteran presence to have around.

Speaking of roster flexibility, the immediate need to ditch Hanley was because Pedey is back. Wouldn't u know it? His first at bat is w/ the bases loaded. He gets a huge ovation (of course) and then pops out to right. That could have been a MOMENT.

My first chance to see the new look Braves this year. Based on 1 2/3 games, I don't think they're quite ready for prime time, but I won't be the first to say that they've put together an impressive core that should serve them well over the next few years. Some serious athletes out there for the Braves!

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Been at SunTrust Park all day, glad to see Charlie Culberson’s first HR in a Braves uniform was a big one. Didn’t buy a ticket for the nightcap of the doubleheader, but sounds like they’re trying to get that and Jason’s post-game concert in late tonight.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Madison Bumgarner returns tonight. The Giants have won 5 in a row to get their record to .500, and are 1.5 games out of the division lead. 8-)
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The Cubs have a .603 winning percentage but the "fire Maddon" crowd is still going strong. One of my Cubs fan friends thought it would be funny to add me the a Fire Maddon FB group. Let's just say it's not funny. These people are dead serious.