New 2018 Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Whispering Pines

Re: New 2018 Tour Dates

Post by Whispering Pines »

Slight correction: a friend tells me he thinks they can squeeze 300 into the Colony without tables on the floor. Still, by far the smallest place (besides Levon's barn) that I've ever seen them play. Curious about how they're going to handle the sound in my hometown venue.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Does Erika Wennerstrom have a band or is she solo?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Clams wrote:Does Erika Wennerstrom have a band or is she solo?
She's a five-piece band for this tour: Herself, guitar, bass, drums, backing vocalist. The guitarist has something interesting going on. I liked this a lot better than I liked the Heartless Bastards.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
She's a five-piece band for this tour: Herself, guitar, bass, drums, backing vocalist. The guitarist has something interesting going on. I liked this a lot better than I liked the Heartless Bastards.
Whatcha mean by "something interesting"?

I thought she was incredible and pretty sexy.
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Ty Webb wrote:

I didn't want to think about that with my kid present, because--little as I want to face it--the kid would have had the shot I wouldn't have but, thank goodness, doesn't know it yet.

What I meant by it was that one song where she played a very sparse line in back of the vocal and then did this super interesting complicated little lick that--I think--kept changing every time she hit it to mark the end of a line. That particular thing really stood out for me. It showed a level of taste and restraint I admired greatly. It seemed special.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

Time to bring it north

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ty Webb wrote:

Yeah, I thought the guitar player was great(and kind of sexy). I liked Heartless Bastards but this was a better band and the songs were strong. Had a chance to talk to Erika after the show, one of my customer's wives was her drummer back about 15 years ago so I sent along their greetings. She could not have been nicer. I bought the vinyl and am going to try to spin it tonight.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

I was,and still, am a fan of the Heartless Bastards but think her latest solo record is the best record she ever put put. Delighted to hear she is performing with a band. Going to see her and DBT on Friday at the Brooklyn Bowl and might show up on Thursday after going to another show.

Clams

Post by Clams »

If two rock shows take place in Toronto and no one posts about them, did they really happen?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:If two rock shows take place in Toronto and no one posts about them, did they really happen?
I assume TO is still a DBT stronghold, but it also used to be a 3dd stronghold. Where is everyone. April Twister? Ponygirl? A whole bunch of others whose screennames are not coming to me immediately but i know you're out there somewhere.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:
Clams wrote:If two rock shows take place in Toronto and no one posts about them, did they really happen?
I assume TO is still a DBT stronghold, but it also used to be a 3dd stronghold. Where is everyone. April Twister? Ponygirl? A whole bunch of others whose screennames are not coming to me immediately but i know you're out there somewhere.
Toronto was the only show where I saw DBT actually brought back for a second encore. Those Canadians were LOUD!!! Bubba--weren't you there with me?
Always go to the show

OldCloverdale

Post by OldCloverdale »

Whispering Pines wrote:Slight correction: a friend tells me he thinks they can squeeze 300 into the Colony without tables on the floor. Still, by far the smallest place (besides Levon's barn) that I've ever seen them play. Curious about how they're going to handle the sound in my hometown venue.
Tickets are $50.00 for general admission (or $75.00 for "Limited Reserved VIP Balcony Seating"). Though I would, I've never paid that much to see DBT.

I wish I could go; it should be fantastic!