Kalamazoo- Bell's Beer Garden 7/21

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Kalamazoo- Bell's Beer Garden 7/21

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

IN! I'm going attempt to convert some cousins who live nearby. They already like Bell's so getting them there is easy...
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Mr. B

Re: Kalamazoo- Bell's Beer Garden 7/21

Post by Mr. B »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:IN! I'm going attempt to convert some cousins who live nearby. They already like Bell's so getting them there is easy...
We are also in and will be bringing along a friend or two. A return to where I went to college. Should be a great setting for a Friday night show. The guy who started Bell's is one of my brother's college roommates, but I am pretty sure i won't be able to turn that connection into free beer.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Mr. B wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:IN! I'm going attempt to convert some cousins who live nearby. They already like Bell's so getting them there is easy...
We are also in and will be bringing along a friend or two. A return to where I went to college. Should be a great setting for a Friday night show. The guy who started Bell's is one of my brother's college roommates, but I am pretty sure i won't be able to turn that connection into free beer.
Western Michigan alumn? My father graduated from there and a couple of cousins did as well, at least one of which will be with me at the show.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Mr. B wrote:
Western Michigan alumn? My father graduated from there and a couple of cousins did as well, at least one of which will be with me at the show.
Kalamazoo College, home of the fighting hornets.

BrotherFraz2

Post by BrotherFraz2 »

My brother and I will be there. I am looking forward to having some Bell's and a rock show.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

IN! I'll be there with approximately 10 others. Gonna be a hell of a weekend with DBT on Friday and Tedeschi Trucks Band on Sunday.

Zip Up to Michigan

Four more days!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm excited for this show. Looks like a good group of regulars and some folks I haven't met yet. Plus I'm bringing my cousin and her husband who have no idea what they're getting into. :lol:

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Looks like the weather will be perfect for a rawk show tonight. Me, the Ms. and a couple of college buddies will be there. I'll be getting to Bell's by later afternoon to start drinking beer -- see y'all there.

Zip Up to Michigan

Three bloodies deep and spinning DBT... it's feckin great to be alive!! Ready for this rawk show!

As Mr. B says , weather looking great after looking like a nearly 100% chance of T storms the entire week! Gonna do some pre game bar hopping, maybe get to bells around 5 or 6. :?:

:mrgreen:

timmmr

Post by timmmr »

Hi, I've been following along on this forum for a long time, first post. This show is nearly in my home town, very excited to see them in such an intimate setting. I know there are at least 10 of us coming from the Benton Harbor Michigan area 45 minutes away. For those coming from out of town and enjoy craft beer (Bells of course is great) but also check out Tibb's and Arcadia. The beer Garden at Bell's is a sweet spot for show, going to awesome! Looks like the rain will hold off too.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Three bloodies deep and spinning DBT... it's feckin great to be alive!! Ready for this rawk show!

As Mr. B says , weather looking great after looking like a nearly 100% chance of T storms the entire week! Gonna do some pre game bar hopping, maybe get to bells around 5 or 6. :?:

:mrgreen:
You better hope the colossal butt fucking that northern Iowa has received dies out somewhere in Illinois.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ramon Casiano
Baggage
Gravity's Gone
Days of Graduation
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Women Without Whiskey
Ever South
Made Up English Oceans
Two Daughters an a Beautiful Wife
Uncle Frank
Margot And Harold
Marry Me
Buttholeville
Three Dimes Down
I'm Eighteen
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Shut Up and Get
On the Plane
What It Means
Once They Banned Imagine
Grand Canyon

MeanOldHighway

Post by MeanOldHighway »

What an absolutely incredible show. I feel like that was the best set they've played in a long, long time. So cool to see my favorite band play at my favorite brewery in my hometown and just kill it the way they did.

BrotherFraz2

Post by BrotherFraz2 »

That was a great show. I was surprised to hear Days of Graduation. The rain couldn't keep a rock show down.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Maybe it was hearing Days of Graduation for the first time (I think), maybe it was hanging at the show with two college buddies that I don't see very often back in the town where we went to college, maybe it was the great outdoor setting with the light rain adding to the pleasure, maybe, okay probably, it was the Bell's Beer that started flowing for me around 5:00 and didn't stop, but I thought this was a fantastic show, probably in the top 5 of those I have seen.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote: What It Means
Once They Banned Imagine
Grand Canyon
What was the mood or atmosphere (especially coming from the stage) at this point in the show? Seems like an unusually sad/thoughtful/mellow/something like that end of show.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Once They Banned Imagine
Grand Canyon
What was the mood or atmosphere (especially coming from the stage) at this point in the show? Seems like an unusually sad/thoughtful/mellow/something like that end of show.
That's a really good point but by that time in the show the crowd had been reeled in hook, line and sinker. I guess I don't really see it all that much because we're on the rail so often but I was in front of the soundboard for this one and I was just watching the lights go on in so many faces. My cousin and her husband are included in that btw, they were blown away. What it Means got a huge round of applause.

Zip Up to Michigan

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Once They Banned Imagine
Grand Canyon
That's a really good point but by that time in the show the crowd had been reeled in hook, line and sinker. I guess I don't really see it all that much because we're on the rail so often but I was in front of the soundboard for this one and I was just watching the lights go on in so many faces. My cousin and her husband are included in that btw, they were blown away. What it Means got a huge round of applause.
You must have been right next to us. We were in front of the soundboard, as well. Great spot to take in the show.

Went for a bathroom break during What it Means, as it's not my favorite and it was the first moment where I finally felt it was acceptable to step away but I really enjoyed Imagine upon my return. Very pleased with their decision to go with Grand Canyon over Hell No this night. It was one of the best Grand Canyons I've seen and just worked well with the rain/atmosphere.

I don't have much to add about the show beyond what was said. I haven't been to as many shows as ya'll but this one has to be my top show. That run of Two Daughters all the way to Shut Up was ridiculous.

Praying for a bootleg or at least some decent footage to pop up but when you combine the fact of a small venue and the rain, I doubt much was recorded.