Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Post by cortez the killer »

Clams wrote:
Flea wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Great quote from a review the LA show: "A fierce examination of the big picture is rare for a rockstar of Waters’ stature;
he’s the only guy left from the first wave of “dinosaur” rock bands who still fights
with the fire and passion of a teenage anarchist in a Dead Kennedys shirt".
x2

Whether you like the guy or not, you have to respect the fire in his belly.
You need to head a few hours south, mollusk. Not that they'll listen, but that approach is one of many things that is lacking from our so-called "leaders".
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

How come Waters is playing nothing from Pros and Cons this tour? 'Tis a crime if you asked me. Maybe trim off a bunch of Dark Side tunes?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

211poundsofpork wrote:How come Waters is playing nothing from Pros and Cons this tour? 'Tis a crime if you asked me. Maybe trim off a bunch of Dark Side tunes?
Heresy! Seriously, the songs were all thematically linked to the overall message. Dark Side & Animals was about half the show. It was stunning.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Patterson posted a photo from the show on Facebook and the snowflakes are in full hissy fit mode
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Zip City wrote:Patterson posted a photo from the show on Facebook and the snowflakes are in full hissy fit mode
for those not on FB, would you care to share? I'd love to hear what the snowflakes are crying about
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Thanks. Good thing I was already misanthropic before reading those posts :roll:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Zip City wrote:Patterson posted a photo from the show on Facebook and the snowflakes are in full hissy fit mode
There was at least one person in one of those threads saying how sales of American Band are "going down the shitter" (or something to that effect). I saw that not long after reading a post on the DBT's FB group page where Patterson had said American Band is the Truckers' highest charting album ever (#10) and that it's still selling steadily. While reading some of those posts can be infuriating, I've found it's probably not best to engage them. Some aren't even fans, they're just there to stir the pot. Also, factual information like this is never well received (and is often outright ignored) if it conflicts and/or contradicts someone's world view. Plus, it's usually lost in the shuffle of hundreds (or more) posts where people are more interested in bickering.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Trump fans not taking factual information well?

Who woulda thunk that?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

March 27, 2020
A note from Roger:

THE BAD NEWS: I’ve had to postpone my THIS IS NOT A DRILL tour until next year. Bummer, but if it saves one life, it’s worth it.

THE GOOD NEWS!!!! A federal Judge in Washington DC ruled on March 25, 2020 that Trump’s Dakota Access Pipeline Executive order was ILLEGAL and demands an E.I.S (Environmental Impact Statement). This is a huge victory for the STANDING ROCK SIOUX TRIBES. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!! Love R.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

211poundsofpork wrote:How come Waters is playing nothing from Pros and Cons this tour? 'Tis a crime if you asked me. Maybe trim off a bunch of Dark Side tunes?
Enjoyed jumping back into this thread and revisiting past comments.

Pros and Cons gets an unnecessarily bad rap - it's so fucking weird and wonderful. Back to the Rog thing briefly.....Clapton quit the tour early because Roger was being Roger. Dude must be impossible to work with, unless you are just letting him run the show 100%. But agree with the clapping above....brilliant quote/description and spot on.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

ramonz wrote:
Enjoyed jumping back into this thread and revisiting past comments.

Pros and Cons gets an unnecessarily bad rap - it's so fucking weird and wonderful. Back to the Rog thing briefly.....Clapton quit the tour early because Roger was being Roger. Dude must be impossible to work with, unless you are just letting him run the show 100%. But agree with the clapping above....brilliant quote/description and spot on.
I've heard that he was rehearsing material from "Amused to Death" for the new tour. That's an amazing record & downright prophetic.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

great video in this article of "mother" performed in isolation by the whole band. perhaps the best of this sort of thing i've seen so far. roger was clearly having fun with it. watch his lips. from the interview it sounds like the tour next year is going to be a mind blower. can't wait! if we're all still alive....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... r-1001107/