The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Cole Younger »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:I'll be happy to lay out why I don't believe we are all doomed to be burned to a crisp in the global warming Apocalypse when you explain to me how being a photographer makes you the foremost authority on this topic and gives you the reason to speak with such arrogance on that subject matter.
see, i never claimed to be an expert and made the point multiple times that none of us are. except for you, i guess.
I don't believe that any of us are well-suited to understand and dissect the rigor of the science behind it.
No. You just acted like a disrespectful shit head with no provocation other than I didn't tell you that you were right. But like I said, if past is prologue I realize you just aren't any better than that.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Cole Younger wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Poo Fighters
:lol:
Poo Fighter
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Cole Younger wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:I'll be happy to lay out why I don't believe we are all doomed to be burned to a crisp in the global warming Apocalypse when you explain to me how being a photographer makes you the foremost authority on this topic and gives you the reason to speak with such arrogance on that subject matter.
see, i never claimed to be an expert and made the point multiple times that none of us are. except for you, i guess.
I don't believe that any of us are well-suited to understand and dissect the rigor of the science behind it.
No. You just acted like a disrespectful shit head with no provocation other than I didn't tell you that you were right. But like I said, if past is prologue I realize you just aren't any better than that.

i guess no more gods are blessing me? :cry:

you get the whole peer-review thing, right? that's the basis of publication. when an overwhelming amount of people are on one side of the issue, i'm not saying they are right. but it's a pretty good bet they are, esp when the numbers are as lopsided as where we are today.

you still have those links handy? or is that request somehow deemed me being a disrespectful shithead? :lol:

we should exchange LinkedIn profiles at the very least. I've shown you mine...

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Exchange LinkedIn profiles? Dude, go hump somebody else's leg. I'm spoken for.

Flea

Post by Flea »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Poo Fighters
:lol:
Poo Fighter
Being shat upon would certainly make me tap-out.
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: Poo Fighter
Being shat upon would certainly make me tap-out.
not if you were Chuck "gimme my breakfast" Berry :lol:

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Jesus H Fucking Christ

The incoherent rambling brings the Beebs rage. A solid minute of stroke victim level word salad as a response to the softball comment about him not really having taped Comey. Then the Fox News stooge tells him how shrewd and smart he is. She may as well have palmed him off right in front of Melania.

Then he accuses democrats of being obstructionists.

Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Until this week, much of the public didn't understand the legal concept of "pleading in the alternative" and to the extent they did understand it, most didn't like it. Whatever else he has or hasn't done, President Trump has now made this theoretical issue very tangible and easy to understand, though you still may not like it.

In the courtroom, alternative pleading goes like this: My client is innocent. He was 100 miles away when the victim was attacked so he couldn't have done it. But if he did do it, it was self-defense. And if it wasn't self-defense, the victim deserved it. Not easy to grasp how one can take all those conflicting positions in one case. Now comes Trump:

Quit whining and making a fuss. This whole Russia thing is fake news.

But it's Obama's fault and I'm gonna whine all about it.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I can't say I've ever understood Mitch McConnell but I have learned to fear him (in the opposing political sense). But he is at great risk of ruining his reputation as evil genius and all around Macchievelli.

I can't understand what he's thinking about this health care fiasco or what he's trying to accomplish. At first I assumed that he was giving the various factions room to maneuver and play to their various home town crowds only to get into line after a show of resistance and modest "concessions" by McConnell. But now it's obvious that that ain't it. Even if I assume he doesn't care about the current bill and is playing some long game strategy, I can't figure out what it is. Ryan kind of got caught up in his own rhetoric and boxed in by Trump, but McConnell pretty much had a free field and apparently had no idea what to do with it. The immediate situation comes down to the same old thing: Blaming Obama for everything, no matter what its merits or demerits, was a dead end, ultimately self-defeating strategy. But even so, what the heck is McConnell doing?
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote: But if he did do it, it was self-defense.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:Exchange LinkedIn profiles? Dude, go hump somebody else's leg. I'm spoken for.
hey, you were the one hounding me for qualifications on assessing scientific data.

btw, i think you might have your LinkedIn confused w/ yr Grindr.

still waiting for links to those studies that really made you think.... maybe I should tweet to Rick Perry instead?

tinnitus photography

beantownbubba wrote:I can't say I've ever understood Mitch McConnell but I have learned to fear him (in the opposing political sense). But he is at great risk of ruining his reputation as evil genius and all around Macchievelli.

I can't understand what he's thinking about this health care fiasco or what he's trying to accomplish. At first I assumed that he was giving the various factions room to maneuver and play to their various home town crowds only to get into line after a show of resistance and modest "concessions" by McConnell. But now it's obvious that that ain't it. Even if I assume he doesn't care about the current bill and is playing some long game strategy, I can't figure out what it is. Ryan kind of got caught up in his own rhetoric and boxed in by Trump, but McConnell pretty much had a free field and apparently had no idea what to do with it. The immediate situation comes down to the same old thing: Blaming Obama for everything, no matter what its merits or demerits, was a dead end, ultimately self-defeating strategy. But even so, what the heck is McConnell doing?
my take is that Trump's head is turning a bright shade of vermilion while he clenches his fist and stomps his feet, demanding McConnell to get that fucking bill passed no matter how terrible it is for anyone. just so he can tweet that he's the greatest and he's done more than anyone in history combined.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:I can't say I've ever understood Mitch McConnell but I have learned to fear him (in the opposing political sense). But he is at great risk of ruining his reputation as evil genius and all around Macchievelli.

my take is that Trump's head is turning a bright shade of vermilion while he clenches his fist and stomps his feet, demanding McConnell to get that fucking bill passed no matter how terrible it is for anyone. just so he can tweet that he's the greatest and he's done more than anyone in history combined.
recently I had a friend ask if I knew the lifespan of turtles, because he hopes to live long enough to piss on McConnell's grave

tinnitus photography

those galapagos fuckers can live to a 100+ easily.

let's hope that Mitch is more of a red-eared slider, or maybe one of those smushed snappers i see that had an unsuccessful road crossing attempt.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Cole Younger wrote:Exchange LinkedIn profiles? Dude, go hump somebody else's leg. I'm spoken for.
hey, you were the one hounding me for qualifications on assessing scientific data.

still waiting for links to those studies that really made you think.... maybe I should tweet to Rick Perry instead?
I hounded you for qualifications? I'm surprised by your sensitivity considering how you like to run your mouth. That did not get within shouting distance of hounding. Wow.

Tinnitus, I went back and read the first few posts of our little exchange here and the only way your reaction makes sense is if you took my response to your original post, the one where you seemed to be asking me to respond, as if I was talking about you personally. Otherwise your response in the next post makes no sense at all. I was not talking about you. I was speaking more generally and although I've always thought of you as a smart ass and thought you seemed a little stuck up and impressed with yourself, I never thought you were just a troll. All I can figure is either you took my response to your original post as a personal attack, which it wasn't, or you've had some sort of hard on for me this entire time and have been waiting for an opportunity to give me a ration of the nonsense you've given me here. Either way, that's your problem. And it's clear that all you want to do is what you've been doing and show off for whoever it is you're showing off for in the process. The Rick Perry and Republican references are making me laugh though. You clearly have no idea.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Jason Chaffetz--with all due respect--GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

to paraphrase Mr. Chaffetz, "And so maybe, rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to spend hundreds of dollars on, maybe they should invest in their own housing"

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Mitch McConnell only cares about one thing: the consolidation of power. Unfortunately, he is as clever and crafty as they come. The old turtle is wicked smart, and should never be under-estimated.

Just like BTB, I'm not quite sure what he is up to with health care, but I doubt he made a big mistake or misjudged the vote. He is too crafty for that. One theory is, he knows it is a losing battle and just wants to get it out of the way. Say 'we tried', blame someone else and move on to what he really cares about - the tax plan. Trouble is, he will need Obamacare cuts to deliver on the overall tax plan.

I don't know what he is up to exactly...but he is up to something.

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It was good to see that Thomas Friedman, the NYT's go to guy on globalism & trade, FINALLY got around to noticing the extent to which China is kicking Trump's ass and how absolutely stupid it was to give up on the trans pacific trade agreement (it was in either yesterday's or tuesday's Times, i forget). Even if he was going to do it anyway, giving it up for nothing was horribly bad tactics and a negotiating faux pas of the highest order, which also had the effect of greatly diminishing Trump's stature in Asia where they really value the whole negotiating thing. Of course some of us have been saying this since January, but it's good to see other people (especially people w/ mainstream platforms) finally noticing.

I need to find the recent article by Ben Shapiro in the National Review (yes, the National Review). He really nailed what I think is the true problem with the healthcare "debate" which is that both parties are focused on the wrong, relatively minor in the scheme of things, issues while failing to recognize both the first order issues and how close the parties are on at least some of them. I'll post the link when I retrace my steps to it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Here's the link to that Ben Shapiro piece along w/ some choice quotes.

"Government has become a faculty lounge: Never have so many fought so hard and so viciously over so little."

"Politicians have an interest in avoiding big issues while giving the impression that they are at war over big issues. The result: small divisions over policy inflated into be-all, end-all arguments that never even implicate central issues. No wonder Americans are frustrated. We keep hearing that big issues are at stake. Politicians keep saying that big issues are at stake. We know that big issues are at stake. And then nothing changes."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ily-062817

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:

I hounded you for qualifications? I'm surprised by your sensitivity considering how you like to run your mouth. That did not get within shouting distance of hounding. Wow.

Tinnitus, I went back and read the first few posts of our little exchange here and the only way your reaction makes sense is if you took my response to your original post, the one where you seemed to be asking me to respond, as if I was talking about you personally. Otherwise your response in the next post makes no sense at all. I was not talking about you. I was speaking more generally and although I've always thought of you as a smart ass and thought you seemed a little stuck up and impressed with yourself, I never thought you were just a troll. All I can figure is either you took my response to your original post as a personal attack, which it wasn't, or you've had some sort of hard on for me this entire time and have been waiting for an opportunity to give me a ration of the nonsense you've given me here. Either way, that's your problem. And it's clear that all you want to do is what you've been doing and show off for whoever it is you're showing off for in the process. The Rick Perry and Republican references are making me laugh though. You clearly have no idea.
cole, it's pretty simple. the science is peer-reviewed, w/ the overwhelming majority coming to a consensus. i am certainly not a PhD in the field, and never claimed to be. the point i questioned was how your skepticism is so well-founded in your mind. i never took anything as a personal attack but it was kinda humorous to see that your initial pedal back revision, once revealed, became a series of personal attacks.

as for showing off, i don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. is it because i said i've got an engineering degree? That was a direct response to your laughably incorrect assumption you made. and is so, it's not really that big a deal; millions of people around the world have them, far smarter and more effective than myself.

anyway, this should really be in the 'neverending thread for scientific shit' thread.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

I should just let this end with that post but I can't let you get away with this. I'm well aware of what peer review is and how it works. That's what I meant when I said what I said about showing off. You clearly think you are the smart one in this conversation and have been speaking down to me this entire time. Unless you are just that arrogant all the time I have to believe you are acting like that for someone else's benefit. Your engineering degree is not a big deal to me. I don't feel one way or the other about it. I work with engineers all the time. The really good ones are more often than not the ones that have walking around sense as well from what I've experienced but I did find it odd and kind of funny that you threw that down on the table as if that made you the climate change guru.

As for personal attacks. I shouldn't have done that and it is pretty rare that I do. But let's not kid ourselves, you kind of went looking for trouble with he whole, "what are your thoughts on brain surgery" etc. Before I ever said anything out of the way to or about you. That's still really no excuse for me to say some of the things I said to you but to suggest that is all on me is just not accurate when you took this whole thing in that direction yourself.

As for revision, you are just making things up there. I said the same thing throughout this goat roping where the original topic is concerned. I do believe it has gotten warmer. I said that from the get go. I also said I believe it is partially due to human activity. And I said I think we need to clean that up where we can without going crazy with giving the government a lot more power in that regard. And I said I think there are people with an agenda pushing the hysteria I see from some corners. That's it. Never revised anything. And somehow saying that made you act like I had personally insulted you or your family or like I had said the sun revolves around the earth.

Basically, if you had just told me why you think I'm wrong and not acted so condescending and like I had personally insulted you, this would have gone much better and I would have explained to you why I see this the way I do. As it went, I saw no need to debate you because you didn't ant to do that. You wanted to do what you did.

I owe you an apology for the insults both spelled out and suggested though. Im sorry.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
Yeah, but do you bleed in the voting booth?
Not to date, though of late I definitely throw up while voting

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

:shock:
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:I should just let this end with that post but I can't let you get away with this.
when i started reading your post, i was wondering just exactly what it was i was getting away w/ and had some stuff ready to type, but then when you ended your post w/ this:

Cole Younger wrote:I owe you an apology for the insults both spelled out and suggested though. Im sorry.
it would be asinine of me to continue this contretemps.

so, i also apologize. let's move on.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Smitty wrote:

I really wish the NRA would rename itself the RWNJA.

I own multiple guns, and those heaping piles of shit do not speak for me. This ad is pure evil.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Mississippi...freakin' Mississippi told them to go jump in the Gulf of Mexico. That was the best statement released from an individual state lol. I think as of this morning 27 states have told them to stuff it.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Cole Younger wrote:I should just let this end with that post but I can't let you get away with this.
when i started reading your post, i was wondering just exactly what it was i was getting away w/ and had some stuff ready to type, but then when you ended your post w/ this:

Cole Younger wrote:I owe you an apology for the insults both spelled out and suggested though. Im sorry.
it would be asinine of me to continue this contretemps.

so, i also apologize. let's move on.
Contretemps! Good word.

Cool man. Sounds good.

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

Iowan wrote:
Smitty wrote:

I really wish the NRA would rename itself the RWNJA.

I own multiple guns, and those heaping piles of shit do not speak for me. This ad is pure evil.
Leni Riefenstahl 2.0
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.