Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

I have not downloaded/listened to this, no idea if the rehearsal was closed or if there was an audience. Will be seeing this show in Sacramento on June 12

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=592618

Roger Waters
Meadowlands Arena
E. Rutherford, N.J.
21 May, 2017
Us + Them Tour Rehearsal

Recorded and mastered by: The Doctor (for floydpodcast.com)
Recorded from: Floor, 20' from front of house/soundboard
Recorded with: Audio Technica Miniature Binaural Microphones > BBox w/Rolloff > Tascam DR7
Recording Specs: 48000Hz, 32-bit, Stereo Wav
Mastered with: Adobe Audition 3.0 > 48000hz, 24-bit Stereo Wav > FLAC > you
Special thanks: Cyrus Sarrafha and Roscoe59

Set 1:
1-01. Speak to Me
1-02. Breathe
1-03. One of These Days
1-04. Time
1-05. Breathe (Reprise)
1-06. The Great Gig in the Sky
1-07. Welcome to the Machine
1-08. When We Were Young
1-09. Déjà Vu
1-10. The Last Refugee
1-11. Picture That
1-12. Wish You Were Here
1-13. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
1-14. Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
1-15. Another Brick in the Wall Part 3

Set 2:
2-01. Battersea Rises SFX
2-02. Dogs
2-03. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
2-04. Money
2-05. Us and Them
2-06. Smell the Roses
2-07. Brain Damage
2-08. Eclipse
2-09. Band Intros
2-10. Vera
2-11. Bring the Boys Back Home
2-12. Comfortably Numb
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Clams

Re: Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Post by Clams »

Waters' political views regarding Israel have adversely affected my ability to enjoy his music. I might still listen to old Floyd songs every now and then but I don't have much interest in seeing or listening to what he's currently up to.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

Clams wrote:Waters' political views regarding Israel have adversely affected my ability to enjoy his music. I might still listen to old Floyd songs every now and then but I don't have much interest in seeing or listening to what he's currently up to.
Respect.

I know a lot of people feel that same way

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

doesn;'t nearly go deep enough into the PF back catalog. disappointing, really.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

The show was limited to friends/family and some contest winners apparently.

I'm seeing the performance in Houston with one of my oldest friends. We haven't seen each other in over 5 years, but always stay in touch. We actually met over 20 years ago while discussing our appreciation of Pink Floyd, so this will be fitting.

I saw the Tulsa performance of "The Wall" a few years back. The best production of any show I've ever seen period....and I've seen a lot. No way I'll miss it.

Politics in music are tricky. You're bound to alienate a good portion of your audience. I've learned to thicken my skin, take what I need and leave the rest.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

tinnitus photography

maybe i am way out of my element here, but is Waters' position on Israel basically anti-settlement?

tinnitus photography

er, scratch that. i am out of my element. apparently it's in regards to a star of david on one of the pigs?

i did find this response from Roger:
There has been some comment on the Internet about the Wall Show in Belgium to which I feel I should respond.

One Alon Onfus Asif, an Israeli living in Belgium, came to The Wall show in Belgium last week and being an observant sort of chap Alon noticed a Star of David on the Pig that is destroyed by the audience at the end of the show. Then Alon dutifully videoed our Pig on his phone, posted this video, and alerted Israeli Daily, Yediot Ahronot. This story was duly picked up by the ever watchful Rabbi Abraham Cooper, Dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and the entirely predictable resulting rant is attached here:

http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/07/24/ma ... vid-video/.

Often I can ignore these attacks but Rabbi Cooper’s accusations, are so wild and bigoted they demand a response.

Dear Rabbi Cooper,

I hold your outburst to be inflammatory and un-helpful and would suggest it can only impede progress towards peace and understanding between people. It is also extremely insulting to me personally in that you accuse me of being ‘Anti Semitic’, ‘A Jew Hater’ and ‘Nazi Sympathizer’

I have three specific points to make:

1). Your use of the adjective “ANTI-SEMITIC”.

First I direct you to an announcement by ‘The Anti Defamation League’ an American organization, who’s declared aim is to defend Jewish people and Judaism from attack. They recently said.

“While we wish that Mr. Waters would have avoided using the Star of David, we believe there is no anti-Semitic intent here.”

I should point out that in the show, I also use the Crucifix, the Crescent and Star, the Hammer and Sickle, the Shell Oil Logo and The McDonald’s Sign, a Dollar Sign and a Mercedes sign.

2). JEW-HATING? I have many very close Jewish friends, one of whom, interestingly enough, is the nephew of the late Simon Wiesenthal. I am proud of that association; Simon Wiesenthal was a great man. Also I have two grandsons who, I love more than life itself, their Mother, my daughter in law, is Jewish and so, in consequence, I’m told, are they.

3). NAZI? Not only did my father, 2nd Lieutenant Eric Fletcher Waters, die in Italy on February 18th 1944 fighting the Nazis, but I was brought up in post war England where I received the most thorough education on the subject of Nazism and where I was spared no horrific detail of the heinous crimes committed in the name of that most foul ideology. I remember my mother’s friends Claudette and Maria, I remember their tattoos, they where survivors, two of the lucky ones.

My Mother spent the whole of the rest of her life, involved politically to make sure the future for her children and grandchildren, in fact for everyone’s children and grandchildren, black, white, Gentile, Jew, Latino, Asian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, et al, had no Sword of Damocles in the form of the despised Nazi Creed hanging over their heads.

I for my part, as best I can, have continued along my parent’s path. At the age of nearly 70, in the spirit of my Father and Mother and all they did, I have stood my ground, as best I can, in defense of Mistress Liberty.

The Wall Show, so lamely attacked by you, is many things. It is thoughtful, life affirming, ecumenical, humane, loving, anti war, anti colonial, pro universal access to the law, pro liberty, pro collaboration, pro dialogue, pro peace, anti authoritarian, anti fascist, anti apartheid, anti dogma, international in spirit, musical and satirical.

It is not.

ANTI-SEMITIC or PRO NAZI

I have often come under attack by the pro Israel lobby because of my support for BDS, (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) which I won't go into here, anyone interested can access a speech I made at The United Nations on the 29th November last year.

However I will say this, in a functioning theocracy it is almost inevitable that the symbol of the religion becomes confused with the symbol of the state, in this case the State of Israel, a state that operates Apartheid both within its own borders and also in the territories it has occupied and colonized since 1967.

Like it or not, the Star of David represents Israel and its policies and is legitimately subject to any and all forms of non violent protest. To peacefully protest against Israel’s racist domestic and foreign policies is NOT ANTI-SEMITIC. Your contention that because I criticize the Policies of the Israeli government I should be lumped in with the Muslim Brotherhood is risible, and again a personal affront. I have spent my whole adult life advocating separation of church and state.

At every Wall Show I invite 20 vets from whatever country we are in backstage at half time to meet, exchange handshakes and good wishes and mementos. At one show, a year or so ago, an older vet, Vietnam era, at a guess, blocked my exit, he put out his hand which I took, he did not let go, he looked me in the eyes and he said " Your Father would be proud of you."

Tears burn my eyes.

The Wall is reaching out to you and all the other Rabbi Cooper’s out there.

Come to the show!

Love

Roger

P.S.

For the sake of some perspective. The inflatable pig that so offended young Alon has appeared at every Wall Show since September 2010, some 193 shows, yours is the first complaint. Also the pig in question represents evil, and more specifically the evil of errant government. We make a gift of this symbol of repression to the audience at the end of every show and the people always do the right thing. They destroy it.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

My understanding (probably wrong) is that he feels that Israels actions towards Palestine are akin to terrorism and he's pushing back against the prevailing notion that Israel is the good guys and Palestine is the bad guys. Or something. Please correct me
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

tinnitus photography wrote:maybe i am way out of my element here, but is Waters' position on Israel basically anti-settlement?
Waters' position on Israel is basically anti-Semitic.

It's not just the pig, which he gleefully points out in the excerpt above skirts just the right side of the line, it's his letter writing campaign to every artist who announces tour dates in Israel pointing out that they are, in his view, an "apartheid" state. It's his various comments about "Zionists" in interviews for about 20 years.

tinnitus photography

so i guess my initial anti-settlement guess is correct.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
I she using Lucius as his backup singers? That's fucking amazing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
I she using Lucius as his backup singers? That's fucking amazing
Yep, he also had them when I saw him last October at the Bridge School Benefit

I haven't watched past One of These Days yet, but I did read down in the comments complaints about their singing on Great Gig in the Sky. Of course I am reserving judgement until I hear it for myself

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I just listened. They are improvising way more than most do when performing that song. The criticism is probably valid if you're expecting them to sing the melody that's on the record

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I listened to the tape. It's incredible. I don't think that Roger is using tapes for his vocals. & Lucius really add something to the mix. The new band sounds excellent & the new songs are very strong. He's still a surly old bastard (we used to call him old misery guts) & we are blessed that he is. Can't wait for the cd & the show.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tour opened last night in KC. No surprise here- setlist appears to be exactly as played at the rehearsal

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Caught the show at the unfortunately named KFC Yum Center last night. It was the spectacle you would expect. An incredibly politically confrontational presentation as well. A lot of folks left throughout the show. During the intermission they played police frequency radio calls and it was disconcerting. Roger said he wanted to make this tour uncomfortable for some and he certainly hit the mark.
Same set list as St. Louis, but to be fair with a production of this scope not a lot of room for improv I would think.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

whatwouldcooleydo?

OkieinTexas wrote:Caught the show at the unfortunately named KFC Yum Center last night. It was the spectacle you would expect. An incredibly politically confrontational presentation as well. A lot of folks left throughout the show. During the intermission they played police frequency radio calls and it was disconcerting. Roger said he wanted to make this tour uncomfortable for some and he certainly hit the mark.
Same set list as St. Louis, but to be fair with a production of this scope not a lot of room for improv I would think.
2 different recordings from Louisville (same taper, 2 different rigs)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=592924

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=592923

as a Tar Heels fan- 2017 National Champion Tar Heels, to be exact :D - it disgusts me that we play a conference road game in some place called the KFC Yum Center :x

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

OkieinTexas wrote:Caught the show at the unfortunately named KFC Yum Center last night. It was the spectacle you would expect. An incredibly politically confrontational presentation as well. A lot of folks left throughout the show. During the intermission they played police frequency radio calls and it was disconcerting. Roger said he wanted to make this tour uncomfortable for some and he certainly hit the mark.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... id=592923a
as a Tar Heels fan- 2017 National Champion Tar Heels, to be exact :D - it disgusts me that we play a conference road game in some place called the KFC Yum Center :x
I am not a UL fan but despite the name it is a beautiful arena. As a Tar Heels fan you should be worried about that banner perhaps coming down...Lol. I am just kidding.
Also, thanks for the recordings, but I must have missed the login info

whatwouldcooleydo?

OkieinTexas wrote:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... id=592923a
I am not a UL fan but despite the name it is a beautiful arena. As a Tar Heels fan you should be worried about that banner perhaps coming down...Lol. I am just kidding.
Also, thanks for the recordings, but I must have missed the login info
You have to create an account there to d/l, it's free

I am indeed concerned about the banner coming down. Not likely but it could, but even if it doesn't it still has the stink of scandal.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Clams wrote:Waters' political views regarding Israel have adversely affected my ability to enjoy his music. I might still listen to old Floyd songs every now and then but I don't have much interest in seeing or listening to what he's currently up to.
Wow. Worst post ever but none of you know why. It is Clams so it is cute.

Clams

Post by Clams »

OkieinTexas wrote:
Wtf are you talking about?

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Clams wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote:
I wondered the same thing when I saw your post.

Clams

Post by Clams »

OkieinTexas wrote:
Clams wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote: Wow. Worst post ever but none of you know why. It is Clams so it is cute.
I wondered the same thing when I saw your post.
I stated how my listening preferences have been affected by Waters' political views. You want to tell me what's cute about that? Or what your problem is?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

OkieinTexas wrote:
You're much more interesting without that chip on your shoulder. It draws my attention just like a big old zit on your nose. I can't look away.

I happen to disagree with Clams about Roger Waters myself, but it seems perfectly sensible to have a political discussion about a political artist whose current tour is political.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

Come on okee. We're all waiting.

Clams

Post by Clams »

More fallout from Waters' anti Israel campaign

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/06/ ... tt-israel/

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Clams wrote:More fallout from Waters' anti Israel campaign

How is it Waters' campaign when the article says that 50 different musicians and world leaders are part of the boycott?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip City wrote:
Clams wrote:More fallout from Waters' anti Israel campaign

How is it Waters' campaign when the article says that 50 different musicians and world leaders are part of the boycott?
Because he's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) name on the petition and he's been spearheading the campaign against shows in Israel for years.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Clams wrote: Because he's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) name on the petition and he's been spearheading the campaign against shows in Israel for years.
I agree that he's a figurehead, but it appears to be a somewhat well-supported movement

https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

I don't know enough about the politics of the region to have an opinion either way, and I'm not culturally tied to the area