April Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: April Tour Dates

Post by Swamp »

Really great show last night. Got up at 4am yesterday to put my ham in the smoker (annual tradition) Our granddaughter came over early for the egg hunt. While eating dinner I had the cd changer on random. A & F came on and after a verse or two Betsy looked up and said "this song is about a ghost" :? By noon 30 we had everybody out of the house and could start our getting ready for the show. I had planned on wearing the shirt I bought for St Pat's day as a way to inspire Patterson to play Ever South,
my fav off the new album. At the last minute I went with the Dexateens shirt I bought the last time we saw DBT in Madison, Nov '15. Damn we needed a rawk show! I used to always tell people how this guy was in my head(Patterson) I lived all this shit he writes about. Well last night we not only got Ever South, it was dedicated to us. How did he know? But the real highlight was standing right in front of Matt as he sang lead :D The sound was so good too. Last time we saw them at the PVMH we couldn't hear Cooleys vocals. Last night was fantastic. Good to see everybody last night, Bogart, Coach, JF and Emily, Bnzz and Nancy and of course the deposed mayor of Cooleyville.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

Oh yeah, they played Shut Up and Get On the Plane in between Let There Be Rock and Hell No I Ain't Happy. Must've forgotten to type it down last night, but my previous post has been amended. Can't have an inaccurate setlist on my ledger.

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

Anyone else going to be at the Columbia show tomorrow? For various reasons I'll be going alone, which if nothing else makes it easier to get up front. I do have an extra ticket if anyone's in need - I'm happy to gift it to a 3DDer than try and sell it.
A girl as plain as a primer coat

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

blueridgehiker wrote:Anyone else going to be at the Columbia show tomorrow? For various reasons I'll be going alone, which if nothing else makes it easier to get up front. I do have an extra ticket if anyone's in need - I'm happy to gift it to a 3DDer than try and sell it.
I'm going to Columbia tonight...and I'm going solo as well. Don't need a ticket, but hopefully you'll fine a taker for your generous offer. I'm not overly familiar with the area (though I have been to 1 show at the Farm before), but if there's any pre-game I'd like to hear about it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

hanklow wrote:
blueridgehiker wrote:Anyone else going to be at the Columbia show tomorrow? For various reasons I'll be going alone, which if nothing else makes it easier to get up front. I do have an extra ticket if anyone's in need - I'm happy to gift it to a 3DDer than try and sell it.
I'm going to Columbia tonight...and I'm going solo as well. Don't need a ticket, but hopefully you'll fine a taker for your generous offer. I'm not overly familiar with the area (though I have been to 1 show at the Farm before), but if there's any pre-game I'd like to hear about it.
Isn't that worldwide bill wannabe jonicont going to be there? I seem to recall seeing something to that effect.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

It's unlikely I'll be able to get there much before 8:30. I'd like to grab a burger at the Whig beforehand but that might not be doable, depending on how much HISS I'm willing to miss. Regardless, I'll be the girl in a black dress with braids, glasses, and tattoos making her way as near to the front of Cooleyville if anyone wants to say hello.
A girl as plain as a primer coat

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Will be there.
Don't miss any Hiss if you can.
Band is unreal.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

moedbt

Post by moedbt »

What time does DBT take the stage, asking for a friend and jacked for the Columbia show tonight

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Doors at 8
HGM - 9:15 - 10
DBT - 10:30 - 12:45

Late show for a Tuesday.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

moedbt

Post by moedbt »

WarHenRecords wrote:Doors at 8
HGM - 9:15 - 10
DBT - 10:30 - 12:45

Late show for a Tuesday.
Thank you very kindly

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

Columbia, last night. I am certain this order is incorrect. I am reasonably certain on the songs played.

Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
Ever South
Uncle Frank
Guns of Umpqua
One of These Days
Why Henry Drinks
Women Without Whiskey
Buttholeville
Shit Shots Count
Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
The Company I Keep
Marry Me
What it Means
Once They Banned Imagine
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Hell No I Ain't Happy

* Fixed it for ya

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

my friend Doug just sent this to me from Wilmington (NC). Looks like an early start, he sent this at around 7:20 eastern

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Wilmington 4/19/17
Guns Of Umpqua
One of These Days
Darkened Flags
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Shit Shots Count
Ronnie and Neil
Zip City
Ever South
English Oceans
Righteous Path
Women Without Whiskey.
Lookout Mtn
When The Pin Hits The Shell
What It Means
Three Dimes Down
Why Henry Drinks
Ramon Casiano
Company I Keep
Gravitys Gone
Let There Be Rock
Kinky Hypocrite
KKK Took My Baby Away
Hell No

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

Does anyone have any idea of set times for tomorrow (4/21) at the 9:30 club? I'm not even sure why I'm asking, as I know DBT plays late and I have to be back in Pittsburgh (and have my wits about me) by 8:30 am Saturday.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

armPitt wrote:Does anyone have any idea of set times for tomorrow (4/21) at the 9:30 club? I'm not even sure why I'm asking, as I know DBT plays late and I have to be back in Pittsburgh (and have my wits about me) by 8:30 am Saturday.
Don't expect it to end before 12:30. 1:00 would probably be the latest
Always go to the show

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

Jonicont wrote:
armPitt wrote:Does anyone have any idea of set times for tomorrow (4/21) at the 9:30 club? I'm not even sure why I'm asking, as I know DBT plays late and I have to be back in Pittsburgh (and have my wits about me) by 8:30 am Saturday.
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it (I know, I know, always go to the show). Anyone have plans to stream?

I wish I could be there and want to support the band, so if someone in the DC area wants to go but can't afford a ticket or doesn't have one yet, let me know and I'll buy a ticket and put it in your name at will call.

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

armPitt wrote:
Jonicont wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it (I know, I know, always go to the show). Anyone have plans to stream?

I wish I could be there and want to support the band, so if someone in the DC area wants to go but can't afford a ticket or doesn't have one yet, let me know and I'll buy a ticket and put it in your name at will call.
Stream, stream, stream, stream!
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

armPitt wrote: if someone in the DC area wants to go but can't afford a ticket or doesn't have one yet, let me know and I'll buy a ticket and put it in your name at will call.
Nice!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Last time the 9:30 shut down the stream. Wouldn't count on it
Always go to the show

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Unless I hallucinated it (which is entirely possible), can anyone can confirm they played the Mary Tyler Moore theme song on the way out of the Stubbs show last month? And did they do this at other shows? The goddamn song has been stuck in my head ever since!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gaetzi wrote:Unless I hallucinated it (which is entirely possible), can anyone can confirm they played the Mary Tyler Moore theme song on the way out of the Stubbs show last month? And did they do this at other shows? The goddamn song has been stuck in my head ever since!
I don't know about that but give a listen to the Husker Du version. It's a favorite.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved