The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

User avatar
Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin
Posts: 20107
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone, along with everyone else

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Image

Image
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer
Posts: 7521
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Little Rock, Arkansaw
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The New Orleans Lawyer Describes How a Partner Damaged Himself
My second Great Teacher, Jim Whitehead, wrote:You listen to a fellow lie. You know
He's lying. Others in the room do too.
I'll check--and they will check--and find what's true
Is opposite of his report. What's so

Is the fucking opposite of what he's saying.
This shit is not about to work, so why
Is he continuing? He isn't kidding.
He wants something. He thinks it worth a try...
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

User avatar
dime in the gutter
Posts: 8207
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by dime in the gutter »

Image
it's the russians, stupid.

orange dawn.

photoshop that shit, yo! i am too old for those types of skils.

after all, it is the meme that matters.

User avatar
whatwouldcooleydo?
Posts: 13220
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: on the dirty boulevard
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

looks like the KKKeebler Elf might be in some hot water

Image
Does anyone need yet another politician, caught with his pants down and money sticking in his hole?

John A Arkansawyer
Posts: 7521
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Little Rock, Arkansaw
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

From The Ramon Still Ain't Dead Enough Dept.:
Jim Wright wrote:Conservatives, and many liberals too, have been conditioned by three generations of fear-mongering. It’s always something. Always something to be afraid of. Commies and Rooskies, Red Chinamen and Black Panthers, Ebola, the brown horde south of the border, gangs and gays and atheism, with terrorists around every corner. It’s always something with these people. Seventy-five years ago, in America’s darkest hour, a withered crippled man in a wheelchair told Americans that the only thing to fear was fear itself, and Americans hitched up their pants and squared their shoulders and faced their fears. But today? Today the politicians tell the people to be afraid. Nowadays we have entire media networks dedicated to inventing things to fear, from Truthers to Pizzagate. Americans as a people are addicted to being afraid, as a nation we embrace fear, we wallow in it, but conservatives? Conservatives own the market. Hell, they even fear their God. Fear is the very cornerstone of their religion, fear of a crazy genocidal unpredictable deity who just might wipe out the entire nation because he’s mad about the idea of gay people or socialism.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

User avatar
Smitty
Posts: 10899
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Fruithurst, Al
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Smitty »

How's it feel living in the United States of Alabama?
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

As a US Senator, Jefferson Beauregard Session's schedule should be a matter of public record. If he did meet with the Russian Ambassador (and it looks very much like he did) then he either had an undisclosed meeting with a foreign entity as a public official (and/or campaign surrogate) OR he met with the Russian Ambassador in an unofficial capacity (as a public official/surrogate).

Either way, he lied under oath in his confirmation hearing. I would hope the Attorney General would understand the definition of perjury. The administration seems to be ready to explore finally providing an independent investigator for the Russian interference, but this is too little too late. He should resign. Period. He didn't disclose that he didn't pay taxes for his lawn guy here...he lied about secret meetings with the fucking Russians.

Assuming the resignation of Sessions, which I don't see a way around, we are now saddled with (at least) two campaign surrogates, that were confirmed White House officials that lied about contact with Russia. That is fucked up. We need a big-time independent investigation here.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
Smitty
Posts: 10899
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Fruithurst, Al
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Smitty »

pearlbeer wrote:As a US Senator, Jefferson Beauregard Session's schedule should be a matter of public record. If he did meet with the Russian Ambassador (and it looks very much like he did) then he either had an undisclosed meeting with a foreign entity as a public official (and/or campaign surrogate) OR he met with the Russian Ambassador in an unofficial capacity (as a public official/surrogate).

Either way, he lied under oath in his confirmation hearing. I would hope the Attorney General would understand the definition of perjury. The administration seems to be ready to explore finally providing an independent investigator for the Russian interference, but this is too little too late. He should resign. Period. He didn't disclose that he didn't pay taxes for his lawn guy here...he lied about secret meetings with the fucking Russians.

Assuming the resignation of Sessions, which I don't see a way around, we are now saddled with (at least) two campaign surrogates, that were confirmed White House officials that lied about contact with Russia. That is fucked up. We need a big-time independent investigation here.
But according to Rand Paul (oft described as one of the more sensible Republicans), it makes no sense to investigate someone in their own party. I doubt any serious investigations (or shake ups) occur before the midterm elections. Party before country.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

Smitty wrote:
But according to Rand Paul (oft described as one of the more sensible Republicans), it makes no sense to investigate someone in their own party. I doubt any serious investigations (or shake ups) occur before the midterm elections. Party before country.
We need to beat the drum of public opinion. At a minimum, we can at least get Jefferson Beauregard Sessions out of power. That's a win in my book. 2 down, a shit* load to go.

*extra emphasis on shit
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6302
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by tinnitus photography »

pearlbeer wrote:
Smitty wrote:
But according to Rand Paul (oft described as one of the more sensible Republicans), it makes no sense to investigate someone in their own party. I doubt any serious investigations (or shake ups) occur before the midterm elections. Party before country.
We need to beat the drum of public opinion. At a minimum, we can at least get Jefferson Beauregard Sessions out of power. That's a win in my book. 2 down, a shit* load to go.

*extra emphasis on shit
agreed... too many coincidences here to keep heads under the sand.
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

John A Arkansawyer
Posts: 7521
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Little Rock, Arkansaw
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Smitty wrote:How's it feel living in the United States of Alabama?
I repeat myself when I'm distressed. I repeat myself when I'm distressed. I repeat myself when I'm distressed. I repeat myself when I'm distressed. I repeat

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

User avatar
whatwouldcooleydo?
Posts: 13220
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: on the dirty boulevard
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

TN Rep Who Pressured Mistress to Have Abortion Votes for Abortion Ban

Congressman Scott DesJarlais, the pro-life, all-family values Tennessee Republican who cheated on his wife and then pressured his mistress to have an abortion, voted this week in favor of a federal 2o-week abortion ban. DesJarlais’ spokesperson said the congressman has “always supported pro-life values”—except, of course, when they might negatively impact his life.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reported that DesJarlais was one of 242 House members to vote in favor of the 2o-week ban. The paper also pointed out that DesJarlais’s wife had two abortions before they were married, which DesJarlais supported. Later on, DesJarlais, a doctor, had an affair with a patient, another great family values move. When she told him she was pregnant, he both told her to have an abortion and refused to go with her. He later said all that was cool because “there was no pregnancy and no abortion.”

A spokesperson for DesJarlais told the Free Press, “Congressman DesJarlais was proud to vote in favor of this legislation,” adding that he maintained a “100 percent pro-life voting record” during his five years in Congress.


Image
Does anyone need yet another politician, caught with his pants down and money sticking in his hole?

User avatar
Flea
Posts: 3897
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:33 am
Location: Underneath the veneer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Flea »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:TN Rep Who Pressured Mistress to Have Abortion Votes for Abortion Ban

Congressman Scott DesJarlais, the pro-life, all-family values Tennessee Republican who cheated on his wife and then pressured his mistress to have an abortion, voted this week in favor of a federal 2o-week abortion ban. DesJarlais’ spokesperson said the congressman has “always supported pro-life values”—except, of course, when they might negatively impact his life.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reported that DesJarlais was one of 242 House members to vote in favor of the 2o-week ban. The paper also pointed out that DesJarlais’s wife had two abortions before they were married, which DesJarlais supported. Later on, DesJarlais, a doctor, had an affair with a patient, another great family values move. When she told him she was pregnant, he both told her to have an abortion and refused to go with her. He later said all that was cool because “there was no pregnancy and no abortion.”

A spokesperson for DesJarlais told the Free Press, “Congressman DesJarlais was proud to vote in favor of this legislation,” adding that he maintained a “100 percent pro-life voting record” during his five years in Congress.


Image

Fuck those fucking fucks.
Now it's dark.

allisonsdc
Site Admin
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by allisonsdc »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image
Dumbass.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

User avatar
schlanky
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: Take a left on the interstate.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by schlanky »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image
Kinky Hypocrite
The brakes are thin and the curves are fast

beantownbubba
Posts: 19282
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:Fuck those fucking fucks.
Exactly.
RIP sweet jimmy c.

User avatar
whatwouldcooleydo?
Posts: 13220
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: on the dirty boulevard
Contact:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Did Ben Carson really just refer to slaves as "immigrants"? :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /98816752/

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" while speaking Monday to department employees.

"That's what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity," Carson said. "There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land."
Does anyone need yet another politician, caught with his pants down and money sticking in his hole?

jr29
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Memphis, Tn

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by jr29 »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:TN Rep Who Pressured Mistress to Have Abortion Votes for Abortion Ban

Congressman Scott DesJarlais, the pro-life, all-family values Tennessee Republican who cheated on his wife and then pressured his mistress to have an abortion, voted this week in favor of a federal 2o-week abortion ban. DesJarlais’ spokesperson said the congressman has “always supported pro-life values”—except, of course, when they might negatively impact his life.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reported that DesJarlais was one of 242 House members to vote in favor of the 2o-week ban. The paper also pointed out that DesJarlais’s wife had two abortions before they were married, which DesJarlais supported. Later on, DesJarlais, a doctor, had an affair with a patient, another great family values move. When she told him she was pregnant, he both told her to have an abortion and refused to go with her. He later said all that was cool because “there was no pregnancy and no abortion.”

A spokesperson for DesJarlais told the Free Press, “Congressman DesJarlais was proud to vote in favor of this legislation,” adding that he maintained a “100 percent pro-life voting record” during his five years in Congress.


Image

It's a tricky navigation......

beantownbubba
Posts: 19282
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Did Ben Carson really just refer to slaves as "immigrants"? :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/i]
No. One can read it that way but I think it's really stretching things. Don't we have more than enough stuff to REALLY worry about? Why pick pointless fights? It's not like the opposition has credibility to spare. This is one reason I'm not especially keen to be a "joiner." I don't want to be in this club.
RIP sweet jimmy c.

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Did Ben Carson really just refer to slaves as "immigrants"? :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/i]
No. One can read it that way but I think it's really stretching things. Don't we have more than enough stuff to REALLY worry about? Why pick pointless fights? It's not like the opposition has credibility to spare. This is one reason I'm not especially keen to be a "joiner." I don't want to be in this club.
He sort of did. But, he is tone-deaf beyond all bounds of normalcy. But, BTB is right, there is too much to focus on to be distracted by silly things like this. Or the fact that Trump like his steaks burnt with ketchup, or Kellyanne treats the Oval Office like a dorm room. All that crap is noise. But the deafening roar of the policies they are advancing should not be drowned out.

Russia. ACA. Immigration. Environment. Ethics.

Pretty much everything else is noise, and we are letting the noise win. For example, it stuns me that there is no overwhelming call for Jeff Sessions to resign. He clearly lied under oath about a non-trivial issue. He is the Atty General. I would think if anyone should be held to a standard that is above perjury, it would be him. All of my elected officials received an angry phone call this morning.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin
Posts: 20107
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone, along with everyone else

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

pearlbeer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Did Ben Carson really just refer to slaves as "immigrants"? :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/i]
No. One can read it that way but I think it's really stretching things. Don't we have more than enough stuff to REALLY worry about? Why pick pointless fights? It's not like the opposition has credibility to spare. This is one reason I'm not especially keen to be a "joiner." I don't want to be in this club.
He sort of did. But, he is tone-deaf beyond all bounds of normalcy. But, BTB is right, there is too much to focus on to be distracted by silly things like this. Or the fact that Trump like his steaks burnt with ketchup, or Kellyanne treats the Oval Office like a dorm room. All that crap is noise. But the deafening roar of the policies they are advancing should not be drowned out.

Russia. ACA. Immigration. Environment. Ethics.

Pretty much everything else is noise, and we are letting the noise win. For example, it stuns me that there is no overwhelming call for Jeff Sessions to resign. He clearly lied under oath about a non-trivial issue. He is the Atty General. I would think if anyone should be held to a standard that is above perjury, it would be him. All of my elected officials received an angry phone call this morning.
There has been a huge cry for Session's resignation among Democrats but the GOP is hiding under the cover of his recusal to say it's an settled issue. Here's the thing, some of these things won't be solved now but they should be huge parts of midterm campaigns. How many people will lose their insurance under Ryancare? How can we have an Attorney General who lied under oath? How many families are being disrupted but this administrations heartless and callous immigration policies? These are election issues and we need to hold candidates feet to the fire on them.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Iowan
Posts: 11711
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Oneota watershed

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Iowan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
He sort of did. But, he is tone-deaf beyond all bounds of normalcy. But, BTB is right, there is too much to focus on to be distracted by silly things like this. Or the fact that Trump like his steaks burnt with ketchup, or Kellyanne treats the Oval Office like a dorm room. All that crap is noise. But the deafening roar of the policies they are advancing should not be drowned out.

Russia. ACA. Immigration. Environment. Ethics.

Pretty much everything else is noise, and we are letting the noise win. For example, it stuns me that there is no overwhelming call for Jeff Sessions to resign. He clearly lied under oath about a non-trivial issue. He is the Atty General. I would think if anyone should be held to a standard that is above perjury, it would be him. All of my elected officials received an angry phone call this morning.
There has been a huge cry for Session's resignation among Democrats but the GOP is hiding under the cover of his recusal to say it's an settled issue. Here's the thing, some of these things won't be solved now but they should be huge parts of midterm campaigns. How many people will lose their insurance under Ryancare? How can we have an Attorney General who lied under oath? How many families are being disrupted but this administrations heartless and callous immigration policies? These are election issues and we need to hold candidates feet to the fire on them.
The quick retort to this will be "well, we had a President who did and you all loved him". That's a real convenient abuse for the right to just paint away.

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

Iowan wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
He sort of did. But, he is tone-deaf beyond all bounds of normalcy. But, BTB is right, there is too much to focus on to be distracted by silly things like this. Or the fact that Trump like his steaks burnt with ketchup, or Kellyanne treats the Oval Office like a dorm room. All that crap is noise. But the deafening roar of the policies they are advancing should not be drowned out.

Russia. ACA. Immigration. Environment. Ethics.

Pretty much everything else is noise, and we are letting the noise win. For example, it stuns me that there is no overwhelming call for Jeff Sessions to resign. He clearly lied under oath about a non-trivial issue. He is the Atty General. I would think if anyone should be held to a standard that is above perjury, it would be him. All of my elected officials received an angry phone call this morning.
There has been a huge cry for Session's resignation among Democrats but the GOP is hiding under the cover of his recusal to say it's an settled issue. Here's the thing, some of these things won't be solved now but they should be huge parts of midterm campaigns. How many people will lose their insurance under Ryancare? How can we have an Attorney General who lied under oath? How many families are being disrupted but this administrations heartless and callous immigration policies? These are election issues and we need to hold candidates feet to the fire on them.
The quick retort to this will be "well, we had a President who did and you all loved him". That's a real convenient abuse for the right to just paint away.

^^^ Pretty sure that guy WAS impeached ^^^
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Iowan
Posts: 11711
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Oneota watershed

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Iowan »

pearlbeer wrote:
Iowan wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
There has been a huge cry for Session's resignation among Democrats but the GOP is hiding under the cover of his recusal to say it's an settled issue. Here's the thing, some of these things won't be solved now but they should be huge parts of midterm campaigns. How many people will lose their insurance under Ryancare? How can we have an Attorney General who lied under oath? How many families are being disrupted but this administrations heartless and callous immigration policies? These are election issues and we need to hold candidates feet to the fire on them.
The quick retort to this will be "well, we had a President who did and you all loved him". That's a real convenient abuse for the right to just paint away.

^^^ Pretty sure that guy WAS impeached ^^^
He was, but he kept his job.

Do you really expect anyone in Trump's corner to respond to a reasoned argument at this point?

User avatar
Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin
Posts: 20107
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone, along with everyone else

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

No, but I want to make sure we're reminding voters of this stuff all the time. Republicans that voted for Trump approve of him at almost 91%, that's insane but it is what it is. Independents that voted for him poll at less that 45%. Those are the pertinent numbers. Do I think the GOP will hold hearings on Jeff "good ol' boy" Sessions? I do not. Should Democrats ever shut up about it for 5 minutes? Fuck no. Shout it from the rooftops until the Midterms. Then shout about it some more until 2020 hopefully with the aid of holding one of the Houses of Congress at that point.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Iowan
Posts: 11711
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Oneota watershed

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Iowan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:No, but I want to make sure we're reminding voters of this stuff all the time. Republicans that voted for Trump approve of him at almost 91%, that's insane but it is what it is. Independents that voted for him poll at less that 45%. Those are the pertinent numbers. Do I think the GOP will hold hearings on Jeff "good ol' boy" Sessions? I do not. Should Democrats ever shut up about it for 5 minutes? Fuck no. Shout it from the rooftops until the Midterms. Then shout about it some more until 2020 hopefully with the aid of holding one of the Houses of Congress at that point.
I don't disagree with this.

beantownbubba
Posts: 19282
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

Really? THIS is what you’ve been howling about for the past 7 years? Adopt THIS and Obamacare is suddenly acceptable? The Ryancare proposal just oozes w/ cynicism, hypocrisy and stupidity. Anybody out there still want to claim that the objections to Obamacare were substantive?

Remember a few years ago when “people” were touting Paul Ryan as the next big thing? Well, “people,” and you know who you are, I think it’s about time that you stepped up and admitted that you were simply seduced by a relatively young, relatively pretty face. There may be other explanations for Ryan’s failure as a legislator & leader, but I see 2 main possibilities: He’s either really dumb or he’s really bad at politics. I’m thinking it’s mostly the latter. OTOH, Mitch McConnell is kicking the Democrats’ collective ass all over DC. His fingerprints are on nothing, he’s letting everyone else do the heavy lifting while he manipulate and maneuvers behind the scenes and he’s gonna be there w/ a shit-eating grin when the dust finally settles unless the Democrats somehow manage to get their act together (hahaha). I’m guessing Pence is his boy and he’s gonna ride him over the finish line.

The problem w/ Ryancare isn’t this provision or that provision (or, more accurately, there are plenty of problems w/ plenty of the provisions but ultimately that’s not why it sucks). The problem is that the whole thing is a bastard mutt. It is not guided by economics (the economics of the plan ordain only one result: FAILURE). It is not guided by economic principle like, you know, capitalism or socialism or any other economic ism. It is not informed by any political principle or theory since it bears no relation to any particular view of the appropriate role of the state or the relationship between the individual and the state. It is not guided or motivated by a burning desire to accomplish something worthwhile like, say, universal healthcare. Rather, its lack of intent to do anything in particular is one of its biggest problems.

OTOH, it is clearly politics as usual in that the closest thing it has to a principle is cynicism (a mandate by any other name is still a mandate, even if it’s a hopelessly inefficient one; and pretending that this thing can possibly work takes guts and considerable acting skill) and it contains millions and millions (billions?) of dollars in giveaways to private business and rich people. It is Solomon’s baby shorn of wisdom. It is a true camel (i.e. a horse built by committee). It provides nothing to nobody (except the 1% and big business of course). The very idea that it is being sold as an improvement on Obamacare is flat out nauseating. Trump is of course already pretending he never said anything about covering more people more cheaply w/ better coverage. His promise was obviously absurd on its face but it didn’t even take him 60 days to give it up. That’s got to be some kind of record.

Trump, Ryan, Pence, Chaffetz, Schumer, Pelosi*, the whole lot of them aren’t worth a bucket of spit. McConnell is formidable for all the wrong reasons, but no less of a force to be reckoned with for all that. And Bannon is the real deal. A worthy adversary. Brains, guts, an holistic worldview and a plan. That guy is dangerous and the opposition has no equivalent, which is not a good thing. It turns out that all it takes to destroy a country is one dangerous man w/ a plan, one cunning man w/out principle who knows how to play the long game and a full bucket of spit.

*She did come up w/ that funny line about “Pride & Prejudice” at the Gridiron dinner, though.
RIP sweet jimmy c.

User avatar
Flea
Posts: 3897
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:33 am
Location: Underneath the veneer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Flea »

What Bubba said.
Now it's dark.

Swamp
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: the swamps of northern Florida

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Swamp »

CaliExit?
Don't laugh yall!
Didn't think BriExit would happen,
Didn't think Trump would be elected,
and the man leading the CaliExit charge lives in Russia.
I'm not bitching I just find it very interesting.
Covid will be solved....long long before racism

beantownbubba
Posts: 19282
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:The problem w/ Ryancare isn’t this provision or that provision (or, more accurately, there are plenty of problems w/ plenty of the provisions but ultimately that’s not why it sucks). The problem is that the whole thing is a bastard mutt. It is not guided by economics (the economics of the plan ordain only one result: FAILURE). It is not guided by economic principle like, you know, capitalism or socialism or any other economic ism. It is not informed by any political principle or theory since it bears no relation to any particular view of the appropriate role of the state or the relationship between the individual and the state. It is not guided or motivated by a burning desire to accomplish something worthwhile like, say, universal healthcare. Rather, its lack of intent to do anything in particular is one of its biggest problems.
A conservative columnist's thoughts on the same subject: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/08/opin ... pe=article
RIP sweet jimmy c.

Post Reply