HOMECOMING 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: HOMECOMING 2017

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:Has anybody mentioned the shout out to Worldwide Bill for his 250th show (!!), followed in pure Patterson style w/ "The Company I Keep"?
Not to mention the fact that, much to Bill's chagrin, he is now "Worldwide Bill" always and forever. I think it's likely my fault but it's OK to blame Clams.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Has anybody mentioned the shout out to Worldwide Bill for his 250th show (!!), followed in pure Patterson style w/ "The Company I Keep"?
Not to mention the fact that, much to Bill's chagrin, he is now "Worldwide Bill" always and forever. I think it's likely my fault but it's OK to blame Clams.
I believe he is renewing his Worldwide status next week. He's staying with us one night on the European tour and I've told my missus she must always refer to him as Worldwide.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

dogstar wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
I believe he is renewing his Worldwide status next week. He's staying with us one night on the European tour and I've told my missus she must always refer to him as Worldwide.
Worldwide Bill also gets a heartfelt shoutout from me for helping a brother out when my Airbnb accommodation turned into a dud. Great weekend all around!
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Daddy_played_poker wrote: when my Airbnb accommodation turned into a dud.
That sucks, what happened? Our Airbnb was great (and we had great experiences in Richmond and Asheville as well).
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

dogstar wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Good work!
Seem to recall he was at risk of being downgraded to East Coast Bill for some reason during Homecoming last year, but I forget why.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

ilockyer wrote:Good work!
Seem to recall he was at risk of being downgraded to East Coast Bill for some reason during Homecoming last year, but I forget why.
Not to be confused with Mississippi's own Southeast Bill. :D

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Flea wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If only he'd been dead, poor little fella. Such a tragedy. I poured one for him anyway.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

brett27295 wrote:
Daddy_played_poker wrote: when my Airbnb accommodation turned into a dud.
That sucks, what happened? Our Airbnb was great (and we had great experiences in Richmond and Asheville as well).
Just picture toenails and bugs!
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We've been lucky with AirBnB but there are bound to be bad apples. We really enjoyed our room this year which was a bedroom with a private entrance and access a kitchen, courtyard and a dog, but I think next year we'd like to share a house with some folks.

Emily

Post by Emily »

I haven't posted in sixteen eternities but after this weekend I had to pop in and say hi. Jeremy and I had a great time at our second Homecoming (though we hadn't been since 2011!), and it was wonderful to see so many new and familiar faces in line and on the rail. Still trying to get back in the swing of "real life". Anyway here are a few pictures:

Love all you Heathens.
she was all provocative and everything
until she saw what I was capable of

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I swear my favorite part of Homecoming the past few years is the following week when all my debit card payments start posting on my account. It's a good memory jog to all the things I bought, how much I spent at the 40 Watt, & places we ate that I can barely remember :lol:
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote:I swear my favorite part of Homecoming the past few years is the following week when all my debit card payments start posting on my account. It's a good memory jog to all the things I bought, how much I spent at the 40 Watt, & places we ate that I can barely remember :lol:
Just when you thought that everything that could be said about homecoming had been said.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

phungi

Post by phungi »

brett27295 wrote:I swear my favorite part of Homecoming the past few years is the following week when all my debit card payments start posting on my account. It's a good memory jog to all the things I bought, how much I spent at the 40 Watt, & places we ate that I can barely remember :lol:
wherein my least favorite is when the credit card bill comes in and phungal starts asking "what did you spend $XX on in Athens on Feb 1Xth"
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Went to my Dr. today for antibiotics and steroids for the lung inflammation. I was describing the origin of the Athens Crud to her and told her we were sorta like Deadheads but without all the LSD. She told me she was an EMT before med school, and her first weekend on the job the Dead were in town. She said all they did was administer IV's to kids freaking out on drugs and/or alcohol. :lol:
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Sh*t Shot

Post by Sh*t Shot »

Great time Saturday night.
Enjoyed meeting some new folks with tons of familiar faces.
My son (he's 16 and this was his second HC) was up in front of Cooley all night and definitely enjoyed himself.
Beth did a great job selling the stickers we had printed up at the last minute and nearly $200 was raised for NUCI's.
Hope to see you guys at some of the Florida shows (maybe Mobile) later this year.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

Did anyone happen to get any good pictures of Trae Crowder? He's looking for one to use in his newsletter thingy.
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

phungi wrote:
wherein my least favorite is when the credit card bill comes in and phungal starts asking "what did you spend $XX on in Athens on Feb 1Xth"
Told you to pay cash for that massage
Always go to the show

Flea

Post by Flea »

Jonicont wrote:
phungi wrote:

I'm pretty sure Phungi had a concert buddy willing to provide a Happy Ending for nothing more than a smile and a beer.
Now it's dark.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Flea wrote:
Jonicont wrote:

I'm pretty sure Phungi had a concert buddy willing to provide a Happy Ending for nothing more than a smile and a beer.[/quote]

Love each other motherfuckers?????

phungi

Post by phungi »

Flea wrote:
Jonicont wrote:
phungi wrote:

I'm pretty sure Phungi had a concert buddy willing to provide a Happy Ending for nothing more than a smile and a beer.
I don't think there would have been anything resembling a happy ending to that situation...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

phungi wrote:I don't think there would have been anything resembling a happy ending to that situation...
If the secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits I would say that it that situation you would be watching them roll. ;)

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Flea wrote:Redrum!

My favorite part about the entire story, which I got from next-morning-two-hours-of-sleep Allison is that headhunter thought I was making it up.

But also redrum.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
phungi wrote:I don't think there would have been anything resembling a happy ending to that situation...
If the secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits I would say that it that situation you would be watching them roll. ;)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

phungi

Post by phungi »

one belt loop wrote:

My favorite part about the entire story, which I got from next-morning-two-hours-of-sleep Allison is that headhunter thought I was making it up.

But also redrum.
do share...

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

phungi wrote:
one belt loop wrote:

But also redrum.
do share...
Please do. It was written on the mirror of my room in soap, but I have no clue.
Yes a group of crazy people took over my room without me. Welcome to the Dazed.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I think my favorite quote from Homecoming (at least that I remember) was:

"Wait...is today yesterday or tomorrow???"
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Clams

Post by Clams »

LBRod wrote: Please do. It was written on the mirror of my room in soap, but I have no clue.
Of course its equally possible that Rod was there and just doesn't remember.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:I think my favorite quote from Homecoming (at least that I remember) was:

"Wait...is today yesterday or tomorrow???"
A question to which there is only one answer: I love you more today than yesterday, but not half as much as tomorrorrow.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote:
LBRod wrote: Please do. It was written on the mirror of my room in soap, but I have no clue.
Of course its equally possible that Rod was there and just doesn't remember.
He was there, just late to the party.
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Just today recovering from the flu or the crud or whatever you call it, that set in almost immediately upon my return Sunday night. You name the symptom and I probably had it. This week was as truly bad as homecoming weekend was good. Ugh.

Great to see the shows and hang with y'all in Athens though.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck