HOMECOMING 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: HOMECOMING 2017

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
phungi wrote:Also: Troglodyte was after WWW, not Tough Sell
I thought I was going to be okay with missing Homecoming, and I mostly am, but missing hearing Troglodyte again, that's a harsh blow. I can handle the rest, but man. That hurts.
Always go to the show. You know this.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Markalanbishop wrote:Last night pre-show conversation with me, Clams, Phungi and two guys behind us:
Where are you from?
(In an extreme southern accent) We're from Baldwin County, Georgia, how about you?
Philadelphia.
How did you hear about the Drive-By Truckers all the way up there?
Uh...................................
If you'd told them DBT are coming to Europe next week they'd probably have imploded!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Markalanbishop wrote:Last night pre-show conversation with me, Clams, Phungi and two guys behind us:
Where are you from?
(In an extreme southern accent) We're from Baldwin County, Georgia, how about you?
Philadelphia.
How did you hear about the Drive-By Truckers all the way up there?
Uh...................................
Don't u recognize a pick up line when u hear one?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
phungi wrote:Also: Troglodyte was after WWW, not Tough Sell
I thought I was going to be okay with missing Homecoming, and I mostly am, but missing hearing Troglodyte again, that's a harsh blow. I can handle the rest, but man. That hurts.
Always go to the show. You know this.
Ever since that last Patterson show in December, I have had a remarkable string of not making shows for two months now. The best I've managed was half a song from Adia Victoria last Wednesday at the White Water. I think that's it.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Coney

Post by Coney »

Troglodyte was with Tough Sell.
Beeesides, them's highway miles...

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Back home so our 6th Homecoming is officially in the books. As always we had too much fun & it went by way too quick. Evidently there were a few shows as well...
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Redrum!
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

njMark wrote:Slipkid!
Yes! Slipkid's feet.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Finally got to meet Clams, which by itself was worth the trip. I think next year we need some "Clams is not a woman" t-shirts. It seemed that quite a few people at the Dazed beer swap assumed he was of the female persuasion; I could only guess why :lol:
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

And.....cue the Athens Crud. First time getting it in five years but at least I know who to blame.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Coney

Post by Coney »

THANK YOU to DBT, jonicont and anyone else responsible for streaming those three nights. By the time I realized I really really really wanted to go to homecoming 2017 it was too late. But listening to the shows live was pretty damn amazing. And I know having the responsibility of that task impacted your ability to fully immerse yourself in the shows. We over here on the other side of the country really appreciated it.
Beeesides, them's highway miles...

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Eem wrote:Apparently they played Ronnie and Neil based on the video I sent my wife

I hope I closed my tab
This prompts my commendation of the 40 watt staff. On Friday night I was sober (happened one of three nights) but had a good rock show buzz/music excitement. I walked out of the 40 watt without closing my tab and sans credit card. After ordering breakfast, I realized. The male and female bartenders could not have been cooler. The male was in the process of leaving but still took time to straighten out my tab. I really expected to hear some shit but the bartenders were completely cool! Kudos to them!

Otherwise this weekend was mind blowing. How do I explain to my wife this will be an annual thing?

Great to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones.

Let's not forget the message from the weekend, "love each other, motherfuckers!"

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Did anyone tape/get vid's of Trae Crowder? I want LaDonna to experience it..
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Markalanbishop wrote:And.....cue the Athens Crud. First time getting it in five years but at least I know who to blame.
I think Tracy has it right now. She started with a sore throat on the drive home yesterday and is home today. I think it's creeping up on me right now...throat is sore...
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Smitty wrote:Did anyone tape/get vid's of Trae Crowder? I want LaDonna to experience it..
Trae is on today's WTF with Marc Maron

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-7 ... ena-dunham

phungi

Post by phungi »

Markalanbishop wrote:And.....cue the Athens Crud. First time getting it in five years but at least I know who to blame.
a veteran of your level should know that a z-pack the week prior to Homecoming is the key
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

My wife works from home, but she's working in the town library this am because I'm home with the kids (President's Day), and she's proudly wearing her new Dance Band of the Resistance tee shirt "into the office." I guess I done good. I was worried I'd forget to get her a tee shirt.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

brett27295 wrote:
I think Tracy has it right now. She started with a sore throat on the drive home yesterday and is home today. I think it's creeping up on me right now...throat is sore...
Other than my feet still being sore, I somehow feel better today than I did at any point last week. Maybe all those PBRs immunized me or something.
Let the outside air in

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Beaverdam wrote:
Eem wrote:Apparently they played Ronnie and Neil based on the video I sent my wife

I hope I closed my tab
This prompts my commendation of the 40 watt staff. On Friday night I was sober (happened one of three nights) but had a good rock show buzz/music excitement. I walked out of the 40 watt without closing my tab and sans credit card. After ordering breakfast, I realized. The male and female bartenders could not have been cooler. The male was in the process of leaving but still took time to straighten out my tab. I really expected to hear some shit but the bartenders were completely cool! Kudos to them!

Otherwise this weekend was mind blowing. How do I explain to my wife this will be an annual thing?

Great to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones.

Let's not forget the message from the weekend, "love each other, motherfuckers!"
You should have just left your credit card at the 40 watt and explained to your woman you had to go back next year to collect it.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

phungi wrote:
a veteran of your level should know that a z-pack the week prior to Homecoming is the key
My Resistance is strong but apparently my resistance is weak.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

phungi

Post by phungi »

likely impossible to mention all the great people I either met or got to know better, or summarize all the great moments, food, drink, laughs, etc, but I don't feel like being productive on a monday morning, so here goes:

arrive to meet up with Flea in the Marriott parking lot, didn't recognize him without a pony tail, not sure if he was looking for weed or money...dinner with Jonicont and numerous others before lining up for night one... center spot on Thursday with ramonz, bailed to the back after the douchebag invasion just prior to Patterson kicking one out... tremendous kick-off show with a rocking end to Kinky Hypocrite through Buttholeville/State Trooper, Devil Won't Stay, finally a breather with Tails Facing Up... night one ended with Patterson pointing to the merch stand and remembering Craig during an emotional Grand Canyon

Damn biscuits are amazing in the south! Dive diner Mayflower, meet and greet at Metropolitan, where else can one share a table with Flea, LbRod, Markalanbishop, get recruited/volunteer for video duty with Jonicont (thanks again for lunch)... beautiful weather, sitting poolside with HeadHunter, Markalanbishop and others... work Cooley's side with a camera (with Bill) with UncleRickey/CooleyGirl, and One Belt Loop/Lorna? on the left... Met Jay from Wisconsin, who attempted/failed to cradle 4 24oz silos of PBR before the Camp Amped Band... met rocking 73-year-old grandma Sarah (of the Camp Amped guitarist) and was super-proud of everyone who relinquished their rail spot for the other family members of the band during their set... Trae Crowder kills it with Liberal Redneck humor and NOT an hour of politics... just another rocking show culminating in Rockin in the Free World... witness the Smitty/Clams first-meeting outside the 40-Watt... too funny!

Saturday, did I mention biscuits are amazing? Mama's Boy with Ramonz, Flea, Clams, always special to visit Nuci's Space... got up the nerve to talk to Cooley (who confirmed that "stink on his finger" is, indeed "stinky finger"), lost a bidding war to CooleyGirl (Hell No I Ain't Happy!), great times and discussions, although I can't seem to remember most, other than meeting RolanK, Daddy_Played_Poker (and his smoker), chatting with Beantownbubba and GW in IA... slices at Little Italy, meet the famous RevTodd, Flicker with Clams and RolanK, where I got to learn about cross-dressing Norse mythology and the history of "Trym"... left stage with Clams, RolanK, joined by HeadHunter (into the circle of trust, missing Cole Younger, Lynne), left of BeaverDam (and family), right of Tyler behind great folks on the rail (who's names I just can't remember, and within arms-length of UncleRickey and CooleyGirl for what turned out to be an epic ending to an incredible 3-night stand. The shared energy and spirit were beyond compare.

of course, special thanks to Clams for bringing me into this amazing community... if I left anyone out, for once, I will take the blame...finally, gotta mention my wife, phungal, who although she isn't into the Truckers, supports my nonsense and didn't change the locks...

uncle keith

Post by uncle keith »

Mark, I also got home with the crud.....guess I didn't drink enough. Had a great time, though. Fun to see everyone, great shows!

Flea

Post by Flea »

uncle keith wrote:
Mark, I also got home with the crud.....guess I didn't drink enough. Had a great time, though. Fun to see everyone, great shows!

I don't know, you seemed to have a beer in your hand every time I saw you.
Now it's dark.

uncle keith

Post by uncle keith »

Flea wrote:
uncle keith wrote:

I don't know, you seemed to have a beer in your hand every time I saw you.
Ha! I did some pretty solid drinkin thru Friday, then gave it up for Saturday.....and that's when the scratchy throat took hold.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

phungi wrote:likely impossible to mention all the great people I either met or got to know better, or summarize all the great moments, food, drink, laughs, etc, but I don't feel like being productive on a monday morning, so here goes:

arrive to meet up with Flea in the Marriott parking lot, didn't recognize him without a pony tail, not sure if he was looking for weed or money...dinner with Jonicont and numerous others before lining up for night one... center spot on Thursday with ramonz, bailed to the back after the douchebag invasion just prior to Patterson kicking one out... tremendous kick-off show with a rocking end to Kinky Hypocrite through Buttholeville/State Trooper, Devil Won't Stay, finally a breather with Tails Facing Up... night one ended with Patterson pointing to the merch stand and remembering Craig during an emotional Grand Canyon

Damn biscuits are amazing in the south! Dive diner Mayflower, meet and greet at Metropolitan, where else can one share a table with Flea, LbRod, Markalanbishop, get recruited/volunteer for video duty with Jonicont (thanks again for lunch)... beautiful weather, sitting poolside with HeadHunter, Markalanbishop and others... work Cooley's side with a camera (with Bill) with UncleRickey/CooleyGirl, and One Belt Loop/Lorna? on the left... Met Jay from Wisconsin, who attempted/failed to cradle 4 24oz silos of PBR before the Camp Amped Band... met rocking 73-year-old grandma Sarah (of the Camp Amped guitarist) and was super-proud of everyone who relinquished their rail spot for the other family members of the band during their set... Trae Crowder kills it with Liberal Redneck humor and NOT an hour of politics... just another rocking show culminating in Rockin in the Free World... witness the Smitty/Clams first-meeting outside the 40-Watt... too funny!

Saturday, did I mention biscuits are amazing? Mama's Boy with Ramonz, Flea, Clams, always special to visit Nuci's Space... got up the nerve to talk to Cooley (who confirmed that "stink on his finger" is, indeed "stinky finger"), lost a bidding war to CooleyGirl (Hell No I Ain't Happy!), great times and discussions, although I can't seem to remember most, other than meeting RolanK, Daddy_Played_Poker (and his smoker), chatting with Beantownbubba and GW in IA... slices at Little Italy, meet the famous RevTodd, Flicker with Clams and RolanK, where I got to learn about cross-dressing Norse mythology and the history of "Trym"... left stage with Clams, RolanK, joined by HeadHunter (into the circle of trust, missing Cole Younger, Lynne), left of BeaverDam (and family), right of Tyler behind great folks on the rail (who's names I just can't remember, and within arms-length of UncleRickey and CooleyGirl for what turned out to be an epic ending to an incredible 3-night stand. The shared energy and spirit were beyond compare.

of course, special thanks to Clams for bringing me into this amazing community... if I left anyone out, for once, I will take the blame...finally, gotta mention my wife, phungal, who although she isn't into the Truckers, supports my nonsense and didn't change the locks...
You left me out, but that's ok. I still blame Clams. ;)
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

phungi

Post by phungi »

Tequila Cowboy wrote: You left me out, but that's ok. I still blame Clams. ;)
Not just you, and the Mrs, but also Allison, Nick Sainz (the human fulcrum, assisting all floor-based fans to ascend to the Tiki Bar), BillfromCT, and likely numerous others!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Has anybody mentioned the shout out to Worldwide Bill for his 250th show (!!), followed in pure Patterson style w/ "The Company I Keep"?

phungi

Post by phungi »

beantownbubba wrote:Has anybody mentioned the shout out to Worldwide Bill for his 250th show (!!), followed in pure Patterson style w/ "The Company I Keep"?
an awesome milestone, and worthy of praise... not just to attend that many shows, but to actually keep count!