HOMECOMING 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

wordmeester

Re: HOMECOMING 2017

Post by wordmeester »

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

wordmeester wrote:Image
That's some catch, that Catch-22.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Maj Major Major Major
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

pearlbeer wrote:Any Heathens out there interested in a brewery tour / beer tasting? Looks like there are two good local breweries, Terrapin and Creature Comfort. I'm thinking maybe Saturday afternoon. If we have enough interest, I'm happy to try and put something together.
so my buddy is a big craft beer fan & was talking about bringing some Charlotte local brews down & seeing if anyone would be interested in bringing some from their areas & getting together & having a little tasting? nothing formal, be like outside a room or in the parking lot of the Dazed....anyone interested?
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

th in sc

Post by th in sc »

A get together Friday in the dayzed in parking lot sounds good. Will be coming from Cola SC and will bring a few of our local beers.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

There is a get together in the Dazed parking lot every day at Homecoming. 8-)
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

phungi

Post by phungi »

LBRod wrote:There is a get together in the Dazed parking lot every day at Homecoming. 8-)
I am quite sure that the terms "Dazed parking lot", "Homecoming", and "Adele" have never been inter-related until now...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

John A Arkansawyer

So I know this is a real long shot, but: Is there anyone driving from more or less my part of the country who has to go back Saturday? I got asked to do something here that Sunday and I'm struggling with how to get back in time because the earliest planes gets in half an hour before I'm needed. That just (wait for it) won't fly.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

rawkshow wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:Any Heathens out there interested in a brewery tour / beer tasting? Looks like there are two good local breweries, Terrapin and Creature Comfort. I'm thinking maybe Saturday afternoon. If we have enough interest, I'm happy to try and put something together.
so my buddy is a big craft beer fan & was talking about bringing some Charlotte local brews down & seeing if anyone would be interested in bringing some from their areas & getting together & having a little tasting? nothing formal, be like outside a room or in the parking lot of the Dazed....anyone interested?
If this happens, I'm happy to bring some kick-ass Austin beers.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Damn, seeing all the post from Nashville and the video with Jason.......this thing can't come soon enough.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Clams

Post by Clams »

LBRod wrote:Image
What a great pic. Black and white, big numerals on the jerseys, Johnny's pose, the two lineman on the right going at it, the dirt and the dust, the numbers on the helmet, the old school facemasks, etc. Everything in that pic is perfect.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

phungi

Post by phungi »

Clams wrote:What a great pic. Black and white, big numerals on the jerseys, Johnny's pose, the two lineman on the right going at it, the dirt and the dust, the numbers on the helmet, the old school facemasks, etc. Everything in that pic is perfect.
I am sure Chris Collinsworth would have issues with Unitas' balance, footwork, release angle and time, etc...

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

Hey y'all, it's almost time! A friend just decided he needs to be at Homecoming to save his sanity after this week. I'm looking for a Friday and a Saturday ticket. Many thanks! See ya at the Rock Show

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

bogart

Post by bogart »

Wow...can't believe how close we are. Getting excited to see everyone!

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

HELP! MAYDAY!

I had an unexpected conflict that prevented me from attending Friday and Saturday nights this year. So I promised my tickets to an esteemed and long-time member of the DBT community. Now, however, the conflict disappeared just as unexpectedly as it arose so I need one ticket for each night. Can someone help a brother out?
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I stumbled across an interview with Patterson Hood by David Lowery this weekend, and he mentioned that during one Homecoming, the setlist was auctioned off. I did a search, but could not find a link to that setlist, but would be interested in seeing it. Anyone remember this?
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

pearlbeer wrote:I stumbled across an interview with Patterson Hood by David Lowery this weekend, and he mentioned that during one Homecoming, the setlist was auctioned off. I did a search, but could not find a link to that setlist, but would be interested in seeing it. Anyone remember this?
That was Homecoming 2009. If memory serves, the band auctioned off the right to choose the set list for the night's show with proceeds going to Nuci's, and the winner was our own jimmyc. And to his credit Jimmy chose a ton of deep cuts:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/drive-by- ... 1f649.html

Clams

Post by Clams »

uncle rickey wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:I stumbled across an interview with Patterson Hood by David Lowery this weekend, and he mentioned that during one Homecoming, the setlist was auctioned off. I did a search, but could not find a link to that setlist, but would be interested in seeing it. Anyone remember this?
That was Homecoming 2009. If memory serves, the band auctioned off the right to choose the set list for the night's show with proceeds going to Nuci's, and the winner was our own jimmyc. And to his credit Jimmy chose a ton of deep cuts:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/drive-by- ... 1f649.html
Jimmy and Cotter, right? They both won and did it together. And if I recall it pissed Cooley off bc they picked too many slow songs. Which is probably why it hasn't happened again.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:So I know this is a real long shot, but: Is there anyone driving from more or less my part of the country who has to go back Saturday? I got asked to do something here that Sunday and I'm struggling with how to get back in time because the earliest planes gets in half an hour before I'm needed. That just (wait for it) won't fly.
And this is insane, but it's what I've been reduced to:

It's very hard for me to say no when I'm asked to cover a sermon slot, and I got asked to cover the Sunday after Homecoming. Now, assuming nothing went wrong, there is a plane from Atlanta that touches down in Little Rock all of half an hour before I'd be on, and it's only twenty minutes to the church. So that would work in my dreams and I have therefore come up with a different plan:

I have rented a car to drive back in. Yes, that's crazy, but I'm doing it. If I can find someone who's willing to leave with me right after the last show on the last night, assuming we get out of there by 2:30 AM EST, and assuming we leadfoot it all the way, we should get me to the church on time. So if you'd like to get a ride even partway back from Athens to Little Rock and are willing to do something genuinely insane to get it, your breakfast that day is on me.

If I can't find anyone to drive back with, I'll probably leave right after or during the Nuci's Space auction.

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:So I know this is a real long shot, but: Is there anyone driving from more or less my part of the country who has to go back Saturday? I got asked to do something here that Sunday and I'm struggling with how to get back in time because the earliest planes gets in half an hour before I'm needed. That just (wait for it) won't fly.
And this is insane, but it's what I've been reduced to:

It's very hard for me to say no when I'm asked to cover a sermon slot, and I got asked to cover the Sunday after Homecoming. Now, assuming nothing went wrong, there is a plane from Atlanta that touches down in Little Rock all of half an hour before I'd be on, and it's only twenty minutes to the church. So that would work in my dreams and I have therefore come up with a different plan:

I have rented a car to drive back in. Yes, that's crazy, but I'm doing it. If I can find someone who's willing to leave with me right after the last show on the last night, assuming we get out of there by 2:30 AM EST, and assuming we leadfoot it all the way, we should get me to the church on time. So if you'd like to get a ride even partway back from Athens to Little Rock and are willing to do something genuinely insane to get it, your breakfast that day is on me.

If I can't find anyone to drive back with, I'll probably leave right after or during the Nuci's Space auction.
P.S. If I can't stay and Patterson chooses Saturday night to bust out "The Wig He Made Her Wear", I'm going to be really, really unhappy.

phungi

Post by phungi »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:P.S. If I can't stay and Patterson chooses Saturday night to bust out "The Wig He Made Her Wear", I'm going to be really, really unhappy.
More likely that Adam Howell returns to the stage for a dedication of "Late for Church"

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

See my post from January 29, 2017, supra.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

phungi

Post by phungi »

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

I'm still looking for a ticket for Friday and Saturday, if anyone has a few stashed away. :lol:

Kevidently

Post by Kevidently »

Just called to try to get my Marriott rate reduced and I couldn't. Fuuuuuck.