Roll call.....Tulsa Cain's Ballroom 4/17

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

DiamondDave

Roll call.....Tulsa Cain's Ballroom 4/17

Post by DiamondDave »

The wife and I will be there again, Cooleyville....celebrating yet another wedding anniversary (two days later).
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

beantownbubba

Re: Roll call.....Tulsa Cain's Ballroom 4/17

Post by beantownbubba »

DiamondDave wrote:The wife and I will be there again, Cooleyville....celebrating yet another wedding anniversary (two days later).
"Yet another" may not be the way you want to be heard referring to that blessed event. :lol: Just sayin'.

I haven't seen him around much so I'll post on his behalf that 4sooner intends to be there w/ either 1 or 2 of his daughters (I'm not sure about that part of it).
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Maybe. Maybe. I love Cain's and I drop my kid off in time to make it if I hurry. So maybe. Maybe. We'll see.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

beantownbubba wrote:
DiamondDave wrote:The wife and I will be there again, Cooleyville....celebrating yet another wedding anniversary (two days later).
"Yet another" may not be the way you want to be heard referring to that blessed event. :lol: Just sayin'.

I haven't seen him around much so I'll post on his behalf that 4sooner intends to be there w/ either 1 or 2 of his daughters (I'm not sure about that part of it).

She would understand...lol....we always seem to get DBT shows right around our anniversary....

Yep I met him (and daughter), along with Bill from CT at a previous Cain's show. Great folks !
Last edited by DiamondDave on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Maybe. Maybe. I love Cain's and I drop my kid off in time to make it if I hurry. So maybe. Maybe. We'll see.
Would be great to meet you if you do indeed, maybe make it.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

I will do my best to post a setlist and photos post show....after the two hour drive home.
I unfortunately have no clue on the new songs. For some reason, I just haven't checked in on them. So, we'll see how that setlist looks like!

I've had messages with Patterson on facebook before, so I sent him a request for the show. It's my the wife and I's 21 anniversary show (two days late) and between us we'd like two songs we've never seen live.....Bulldozers & Dirt and Mercy Buckets. Hope full, but that's all.

John A Arkansawyer

DiamondDave wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Maybe. Maybe. I love Cain's and I drop my kid off in time to make it if I hurry. So maybe. Maybe. We'll see.
Would be great to meet you if you do indeed, maybe make it.
Would've been great and I was hoping, but unless something really unusual happens today, I'm not making it, so you'd better have a really great time dammit, or I'll be pissed.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Soonerette and myself getting ready to leave for T Town. About 100 min drive. Middle daughter, who Dave referred to is due any minute with our first grandchild so won't make this trip.
Soonerette hasn't seen the rock show since St Louis in 09. She was 11 yrs old. Been almost 4 yrs for me. 1st with 2 new knees. Soonerettes first time at the Cains. Big night.

Ready,break! *claps*

Clams

Post by Clams »

4sooner wrote:Soonerette and myself getting ready to leave for T Town. About 100 min drive. Middle daughter, who Dave referred to is due any minute with our first grandchild so won't make this trip.
Soonerette hasn't seen the rock show since St Louis in 09. She was 11 yrs old. Been almost 4 yrs for me. 1st with 2 new knees. Soonerettes first time at the Cains. Big night.

Ready,break! *claps*
Wow. There's a whole lotta awesome in this post! Enjoy the rock show, 4sooner.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

So this happened and it was kind of magical

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

My best attempt at a setlist. It was a fun night. Really enjoyed hearing some things I don't normally hear. Space City was awesome.

Fourth night of my drinking
Primer Coat
Hawkins
Hearing Jimmy Loud
Sinkhole
Shit Shots
Drag the Lake Charlie
Space City
Bubba
Get on the Plane
Southern Thing
New Cooley Song
New PH Song
English Oceans
Rigtheous Path
Ghost to Most
New PH Song
Love Like This
Tornadoes
Women Without
Ain't Happy

Zip
Let There
Marry Me
People Who Died

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Setlists have been very interesting this Spring and the shows are stretching out....can't wait for the Fall tour in support of the new album!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Drag the Lake Charlie? Wow. Don't think they've busted this one out much since Shonna and Neff were around, no?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

211poundsofpork wrote:Drag the Lake Charlie? Wow. Don't think they've busted this one out much since Shonna and Neff were around, no?
I think it's been a while. I love that song.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Another great show at Cain's! Fairly sparse crowd, likely because of Sunday night, and torrential rain prior and post show. The drive from and back to the OKC area was nerve wrenching. The wife and I spent time at the Woody Guthrie Center pre-show for the Stevie Ray Exhibit. Just awesome, as is the exhibits for Woody.
We pulled up to Cain's just prior to soundcheck, and were able to hear that from outside. Four songs, all new ones, that I unfortunately am not familiar with.
Nice to hang out with 4Sooner (and daughter) again, and to meet and hang with mgSooner as well. The setlist posted looks accurate to my memory (lol), with several firsts time live songs for me. I even got to share the mike with Patterson for the People That Died. The wife and I ended up with a guitar pick from Patterson and a stick from Brad.

Space City was my personal highlight. Just beautiful. First one I'd caught too. Get Your ass on The Plane was pretty damn fine too.

Last edited by DiamondDave on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John A Arkansawyer

DiamondDave wrote:Another great show at Cain's!
Of course. Sigh. Today the credit union had my credit card ready for me to rent a car. (Not just for the show--I owed the kid's mom the drive back home, too--but since I pick the greatest ex-wives in the world, she was a sweetheart about it.) I can't quite tell from the pictures--did they have a fence up at the rail? Or did Mister Gorbachev tear down that wall? Go ahead and tell me "Yes" if they did. You can't make me any sorrier I missed this one.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
DiamondDave wrote:Another great show at Cain's!
Of course. Sigh. Today the credit union had my credit card ready for me to rent a car. (Not just for the show--I owed the kid's mom the drive back home, too--but since I pick the greatest ex-wives in the world, she was a sweetheart about it.) I can't quite tell from the pictures--did they have a fence up at the rail? Or did Mister Gorbachev tear down that wall? Go ahead and tell me "Yes" if they did. You can't make me any sorrier I missed this one.
Sorry man. No rail. Wish you could have made it.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

My wife took this one of me.....she just missed me sharing the microphone with Patterson.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

I'm theguy in the grayish ballcap at the beginning.

Last edited by DiamondDave on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Just got this message on facebook from Patterson!
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Happy Anniversary.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
211poundsofpork wrote:Drag the Lake Charlie? Wow. Don't think they've busted this one out much since Shonna and Neff were around, no?
I think it's been a while. I love that song.
Foghat riff
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley