Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LBRod

Re: Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by LBRod »

lajakesdad wrote:Heading to LA in about an hour. Pumped up for the show. My buddy was in Solana Beach last night and said they killed it. Just under 3 hours. I hope they do the same tonight. Anyone else going?
Sorry I missed you. I did see this guy-
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ha! Nice. Glad to see Jay's brother in law taking in a show.

I still hate all of you though. Well not Aaron, he always deserves a show in his neck of the woods. ;)
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Even though I'm not super-duper excited about a sit down acoustic show I'm still pissed that the Southeast haven't gotten any dates lol...Love for them to do a 2 night stand at the Georgia Theater (or anywhere within driving distance, The Orange Peel, Ziggy's, Lincoln Theater all work for me!) and do one night acoustic and one night RAWK Show. Now that would be perfect!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Vincent wrote:
Fatah Ruark wrote:Finished up between periods. And the Rangers won. Good night.

After several listens to this fine tape, I have a humble opinion. Neff's steel guitar work is missed most in this setting.
Agreed... the recording is really good. And btw, how nice is it to see Cottonseed back in the rotation?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

brett27295 wrote:Even though I'm not super-duper excited about a sit down acoustic show I'm still pissed that the Southeast haven't gotten any dates lol...Love for them to do a 2 night stand at the Georgia Theater (or anywhere within driving distance, The Orange Peel, Ziggy's, Lincoln Theater all work for me!) and do one night acoustic and one night RAWK Show. Now that would be perfect!
You're right, the Southeast is SO neglected when it comes to DBT shows :lol:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So where do you folks plan to pre-game in Monterey?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:So where do you folks plan to pre-game in Monterey?
No idea. Never been. Probably roll in around 5:00
Always go to the show

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
brett27295 wrote:Even though I'm not super-duper excited about a sit down acoustic show I'm still pissed that the Southeast haven't gotten any dates lol...Love for them to do a 2 night stand at the Georgia Theater (or anywhere within driving distance, The Orange Peel, Ziggy's, Lincoln Theater all work for me!) and do one night acoustic and one night RAWK Show. Now that would be perfect!
Because they play here all the time we aren't supposed to want one of these shows? That doesn't make sense.

A night at the GA Theatre would be perfect.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I bet the clubhouse at Pebble Beach would be a nice place to get a drink
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Because they play here all the time we aren't supposed to want one of these shows? That doesn't make sense.

A night at the GA Theatre would be perfect.
Complaining that DBT doesn't play enough shows in the Southeast is like complaining that the Cubs don't play enough games at Wrigley Field.

Let some of the rest of us have a show now and then, eh?

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip City wrote:
Point taken of course but I'd be fine with them playing here even MORE often. Plus I'd like to see a Dirt Underneath show. The show reports and recording I've heard have gotten me a bit more interested than I was before.

Will

Post by Will »

Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announced an Atlanta/Athens Dirt Underneath show after they play the Candler Park Festival.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

The odd thing about this is that somehow those of us down South wanting a dirt Umderneath show is interpreted as us not wanting other people to have one. No idea how that works and I don't want to try to understand it.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Gaetzi wrote:I bet the clubhouse at Pebble Beach would be a nice place to get a drink
I bet fat babies fart.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Jonicont wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:So where do you folks plan to pre-game in Monterey?
No idea. Never been. Probably roll in around 5:00
I was optimistic (standby flying has that as valued skill) about making the previous flight. I now plan to land at SFO about the time you'll be hitting town.

That extra ticket in my virtual pocket still wants a home. More than that, it wants to be valued for itself. It's not concerned with money and material things. It just wants to be of use, like in that Marge Piercy poem.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:The odd thing about this is that somehow those of us down South wanting a dirt Umderneath show is interpreted as us not wanting other people to have one. No idea how that works and I don't want to try to understand it.
I guess you won't

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Cole Younger wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:I bet the clubhouse at Pebble Beach would be a nice place to get a drink
I bet fat babies fart.
I bet that a frog's ass is water-tight.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Cole Younger wrote:The odd thing about this is that somehow those of us down South wanting a dirt Umderneath show is interpreted as us not wanting other people to have one. No idea how that works and I don't want to try to understand it.
Yeah I don't quite understand that logic either.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
I guess you won't
Well I've about beaten it to death already but I'll add this and hush. You and I don't know each other but you know me well enough in the virtual sense that there is no basis for thinking that I would not want people in other areas to get to see these shows. I'm glad for them. I just hope we get some down here too. So the notion that we don't want you to have something and your acting like this is us getting what we have had coming makes no sense at all. Maybe that's not what you mean but it sort of comes across that way and I can't imagine why you would feel like that.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hey Y'all...
The Missus and I r chilling In Santa Cruz and wondering if when you find a pre game, to let us know.
Great to hear Jonicont is coming out, look forward to seeing all of you.

Btw: I still have 2 tix in the 3rd row if anyone knows of someone who needs them...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:
I guess you won't
Well I've about beaten it to death already but I'll add this and hush. You and I don't know each other but you know me well enough in the virtual sense that there is no basis for thinking that I would not want people in other areas to get to see these shows. I'm glad for them. I just hope we get some down here too. So the notion that we don't want you to have something and your acting like this is us getting what we have had coming makes no sense at all. Maybe that's not what you mean but it sort of comes across that way and I can't imagine why you would feel like that.
Sorry, this discussion got out of hand. You became the unwitting focus of my frustration with how DBT tours. I'm not even asking about TDU tour dates in my area because there probably won't be any. For those of you in the south to fret over whether or not you're getting shows struck me as spoiled, fair or not.

Long story short, it's my issue, not yours

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Zip City wrote: Sorry, this discussion got out of hand. You became the unwitting focus of my frustration with how DBT tours. I'm not even asking about TDU tour dates in my area because there probably won't be any. For those of you in the south to fret over whether or not you're getting shows struck me as spoiled, fair or not.

I can certainly relate Zip. We haven't had a DBT show in Utah in 5 years. That drought was to be remedied in March, but they cancelled in order to open for Eric Church. In that span I have traveled 8 - 10 times a minimum of 300 miles to see the rock show. If you really want to see the Dirty Underneath tour, put on your traveling shoes and hit the road.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

UTHeathen wrote:
Zip City wrote: Sorry, this discussion got out of hand. You became the unwitting focus of my frustration with how DBT tours. I'm not even asking about TDU tour dates in my area because there probably won't be any. For those of you in the south to fret over whether or not you're getting shows struck me as spoiled, fair or not.

I can certainly relate Zip. We haven't had a DBT show in Utah in 5 years. That drought was to be remedied in March, but they cancelled in order to open for Eric Church. In that span I have traveled 8 - 10 times a minimum of 300 miles to see the rock show. If you really want to see the Dirty Underneath tour, put on your traveling shoes and hit the road.
If it was that simple I would, but job and family obligations generally make that impossible

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Zip City wrote: If it was that simple I would, but job and family obligations generally make that impossible
I can certainly sympathize.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Bunch of us are at Turn 12 around the corner from the venue
Always go to the show

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

10 4. No problem Zip. I can understand the frustration for sure. And you're right. We are spoiled. We're lucky to get so many shows. heres hoping we both get a Dirt Underneath show.

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

The wife and I are gonna hit up Downtown Joe's in Napa tomorrow afternoon. Possibly Hog Island oyster joint at some point too. That said, if you cant find something good to eat and drink in Napa, you're not trying very hard.
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Pulaski
4th Night
Loaded gun
Rays automatic
SDZ
Road cases
Panties
Bulldozers
Cottonseed
Iwo Jima
218 to Denver
Tough to let go
Grand Canyon

Set two

Sounds better in the song
Daddy needs a drink
DD&N
GMU
I do believe
Pin hits the shell
What it is
Devil
Ooh la la
Always go to the show

artood2

Post by artood2 »

any new merchandise for this tour besides the tour poster?

Hud

Post by Hud »

Have they done an acoustic version of 'the man I shot'? Would love here that
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes