DBT @ Florence Civic Center 1/29/15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jim&Jewell

DBT @ Florence Civic Center 1/29/15

Post by Jim&Jewell »

The first Rock Show at the city that lost their Post Office to Florence, Alabama was amazing. Heard Too Much Sex Too Little Jesus and Two Daughters. Pumped for Athens now.
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

Megalops

Re: DBT @ Florence Civic Center 1/29/15

Post by Megalops »

Our group, including at least a dozen virgins, thought it was a great show. My wife's favorite song is Too Much Sex so she was very pleased. They really brought it last night to a venue that's honestly really not what they are used to, however it is a little less than a 26 mile drive from my house, probably never get to have that happen again. Opening with uncle frank got it going. Can't wait for charleston tonight, see you boys at the show.

moedbt

Post by moedbt »

Never been to a rock show in what was essentially a convention center ballroom. But it was kind of cool. Tables and couches for folks that wanted to just chill rather than be down front. Crowd was small but enthusiastic, very pleasant. Hopefully a recording will surface. Great story about the Florence AL/SC post offices. Patterson mentioned that Don Chambers is from Florence SC. Nice of DBT to play a show in SC, hopefully we can get them to Columbia now that there is a very nice, new Music Farm.

Wfm3

Post by Wfm3 »

For my first 3DD post, I'll provide the setlist from Florence. I really enjoyed the show and the stories about Florence SC/AL and the Don Chambers dedication ( I did not know he was from Flo). The music highlight for me was Heathens, the jam between P Hawkins & Get Downtown, and the craziness after GC. I also got a swig of PH'a tequila at the end of the show.
Uncle frank
Why Henry drinks
Women wi whiskey
Florence SC/AL story
Heathens
3dd
Ain't talking about love
marry me
18 wheels of love
Eng oceans
Right path
Ghost to most
Sex/jesus. Dedicated to Florence sc native Don chambers.
Sounds better In the song
Feb 14
Jimmy loud
Pauline Hawkins
Funky jam
Get downtown
Hell no I'm not happy

Enc
Cooly - did not know this one - lyrics were very muffled and I had had a few extra Red Hairs
2 daughter
Shits shot
Lookout mtn
Zip city
Canyon

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Hearing Jimmy Loud! Glad to see that song back in the rotation, I was bummed it got dropped so quickly.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Megalops

Post by Megalops »

Pretty sure the first song of the encore was First Air of Autumn

Still can't believe DBT came to my neck of the woods a week ago

Wfm3

Post by Wfm3 »

That's what I was thinking too.

roybone

Post by roybone »

Hello. For my first post I'm make a set list correction. Unfortunately it wasn't "Hearing Jimmy Loud." It was "Primer Coat." And the first encore was indeed "First Air of Autumn."

Awesome show in a weird environment. It was my 3rd time seeing em, and I can't wait till my 4th!