Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ford911

Re: Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Post by ford911 »

@JasonIsbell: Such a pleasure to make music today with my old buddy @pattersonhood at Clearwater.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

ford911 wrote:@JasonIsbell: Such a pleasure to make music today with my old buddy @pattersonhood at Clearwater.

Every bit as much fun to watch let me tell ya. Patterson guested on Outfit and Jason returned the favor on Heathens.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

@JasonIsbell: Lots people whining about Sir Paul's level of security last night. Totally, guys! Like anyone would ever harm a Beatle.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
ford911 wrote:@JasonIsbell: Such a pleasure to make music today with my old buddy @pattersonhood at Clearwater.

Every bit as much fun to watch let me tell ya. Patterson guested on Outfit and Jason returned the favor on Heathens.

Video?????

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ford911 wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Video?????

Audio? Anything??
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ford911

Post by ford911 »

@JasonIsbell: Me and @pattersonhood in a rare showing of teeth. http://t.co/rmdCuvORa5

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Audio? Anything??

Bupkis. Only pictures. Sorry.

McButton

Post by McButton »

@JasonIsbell
"Sadillac: The car I'm gonna buy if all these depressing-ass songs ever make me any money."

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I see Jason's tweet about Paula Deen has caused a shitstorm (at least on Facebook). I'm not on Twitter but I am on FB. Has Jason ever replied to a tweet on Twitter? On FB it seems odd to post something and then never reply to it. Then again, I guess he can't since it's his Twitter feed.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I see Jason's tweet about Paula Deen has caused a shitstorm (at least on Facebook). I'm not on Twitter but I am on FB. Has Jason ever replied to a tweet on Twitter? On FB it seems odd to post something and then never reply to it. Then again, I guess he can't since it's his Twitter feed.

He's said that his Facebook account just re-posts his Twitter feed, but he never logs into Facebook, so any comments left there go unread. He replies to tweets all the time, though
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I wouldn't touch the Paula Deen shit with a ten foot pole, mostly cuz my perspective would be very easily misunderstood.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Smitty wrote:I wouldn't touch the Paula Deen shit with a ten foot pole, mostly cuz my perspective would be very easily misunderstood.

I'm not touching it either, only because I'd piss off most of the people on there. Buncha white people saying the "n" word isn't that bad, lol
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Kudzu Guillotine

Zip City wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I see Jason's tweet about Paula Deen has caused a shitstorm (at least on Facebook). I'm not on Twitter but I am on FB. Has Jason ever replied to a tweet on Twitter? On FB it seems odd to post something and then never reply to it. Then again, I guess he can't since it's his Twitter feed.

He's said that his Facebook account just re-posts his Twitter feed, but he never logs into Facebook, so any comments left there go unread. He replies to tweets all the time, though

Thanks. Just seems strange to me that it's pretty much a one sided conversation (on FB).

Smitty wrote:I wouldn't touch the Paula Deen shit with a ten foot pole, mostly cuz my perspective would be very easily misunderstood.

I feel the same way. That's where attempting to discuss such a delicate and volatile topic via the web is a major fail.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I read the Tweet. He defended the South and called Paula Deen a racist. Forget the N word, she wanted to dress up the wait staff of a wedding as slaves. I think that speaks for itself. I hardly think what Jason said was controversial.

Kudzu Guillotine

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I read the Tweet. He defended the South and called Paula Deen a racist. Forget the N word, she wanted to dress up the wait staff of a wedding as slaves. I think that speaks for itself. I hardly think what Jason said was controversial.

I don't think it was either but that particular topic definitely is. I've seen it discussed by several folks since the story first broke and I've been somewhat surprised by some of the reactions, a great many of which agree with what Deen has said and done. Other than what I've said here, I'm like Smitty in that I would be apprehensive about entering the fray for fear of being misunderstood.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

granddaddy's mouth

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I read the Tweet. He defended the South and called Paula Deen a racist. Forget the N word, she wanted to dress up the wait staff of a wedding as slaves. I think that speaks for itself. I hardly think what Jason said was controversial.

Twitter now appears to have removed that tweet:

JasonIsbell wrote:That tweet from earlier about P. Deen and racism was removed by someone OTHER than me. What gives, @twitter? I'd appreciate an explanation.

We'll see what happened there, @twitter. Maybe just glitching out. I'm hearing it's there, I'm hearing otherwise. Update soon.

It's showing up on my old timeline, but not refreshed tweets.

Wow. The tweet is gone. I was making a real point, and I don't see what was there to report. Guess it got too much attention. @twitter

I think I have those in order.

UPDATE and RECONSIDERATION: It may be technical trouble at Twitter. I note that another of his tweets is missing. He wrote a series of them about drinking:

JasonIsbell wrote:The people who say "You can't make good art after you've sobered up" are the people who are absolutely terrified of sobering up.

This. RT @Amy1N There are some artists I'd have loved to have seen sober up and make bad art than to have died as young as they did.

Last thing I'll say about it: If you aren't an alcoholic, for God's sake enjoy the wonders of fermentation. Especially if you're at my show.

But this one is missing from Twitter, though (like the Paula Deen one) still on Facebook:

JasonIsbell wrote:Hell, while you're at it, drink one for me. The first one though, not the last one. I ain't taking responsibility for that.

FURTHER UPDATE: So I opened my copy of TweetDeck for the first time in months to message Jason with this:

JohnArkansawyer wrote:@JasonIsbell The tweet starting "Hell, while you're at it, drink one for me" is also missing. I think it's tech trouble.

And on further examination, sent this:

JohnArkansawyer wrote:@JasonIsbell: I see them +both+ in TweetDeck, which I just opened, though not on your Twitter page. Smells like tech.

I don't know a lot about Twitter's architecture, but I have at least a splinter from a clue-by-four of how this could happen.

BEDTIME FOR JOHNZO FINAL EDITION:

JasonIsbell wrote:I'll assume @twitter is having technical trouble.

Assuming technical trouble is never a bad bet. I believe he's right. (But then, you knew I thought that.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

What's the fuss about. I haven't heard anything about it except these posts.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Kudzu Guillotine

beantownbubba wrote:What's the fuss about. I haven't heard anything about it except these posts.

This is the tweet:

Paula Deen's a racist fool. But y'all with the "of course she's racist" angle, kiss my ass. I'm from the South. I like butter. I don't hate.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I personally find myself rolling my eyes at about 75% of the stuff Jason tweets. The other 25% is pure gold though lol.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Maybe his best Tweet ever. I might be biased though. :D

Jason Isbell wrote:It's national tequila day and I don't drink tequila, so I'm just gonna take my pants off, listen to Los Lobos, and cuss at a stranger.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Maybe his best Tweet ever. I might be biased though. :D

Jason Isbell wrote:It's national tequila day and I don't drink tequila, so I'm just gonna take my pants off, listen to Los Lobos, and cuss at a stranger.

Yeah this made me laugh too.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Jason Isbell wrote:I have successfully and accidentally trolled CNN. http://t.co/X2uclqdo5Z

His is the first Tweet on the CNN article.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

From Twitter

Jason Isbell wrote:My biz team wasted lots of time & energy lobbying to make the album one of Oprah's favorite things. Should've called it Southern Rock Oprah.

:lol:

MNGS717

Post by MNGS717 »

October 23 "A decade ago, I sat down here in Little Rock and wrote a song called "Goddamn Lonely Love.""
"Lucinda Williams was playing down the street that night, and I wanted to write something she'd like if she ever heard it."
"I know Lucinda heard the song, but the only feedback I ever got was "Those guitars sure are loud." That was plenty for me."

For me it solves the "I got green and I got blues" mystery. Always wondered about that..

John A Arkansawyer

MNGS717 wrote:October 23 "A decade ago, I sat down here in Little Rock and wrote a song called "Goddamn Lonely Love.""
"Lucinda Williams was playing down the street that night, and I wanted to write something she'd like if she ever heard it."
"I know Lucinda heard the song, but the only feedback I ever got was "Those guitars sure are loud." That was plenty for me."

For me it solves the "I got green and I got blues" mystery. Always wondered about that..

Damn. I remember him saying that, but this picture really makes that come alive for me.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

sg207

Post by sg207 »

MNGS717 wrote:October 23 "A decade ago, I sat down here in Little Rock and wrote a song called "Goddamn Lonely Love.""

I missed that tweet, but I seem to remember recalling him say before that he wrote the song in Newport, KY.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

John A Arkansawyer

sg207 wrote:

I missed that tweet, but I seem to remember recalling him say before that he wrote the song in Newport, KY.

I heard him say it live, right here in Little Rock. I guess he says that to all the towns. Now I feel cheap.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm hung up on Jason's Tweet about his business team trying to get him to be a part of Oprah's Favorite Things. That would have undoubtedly put him a whole new income bracket. I'm wondering if he's really disappointed or if the humor of the Tweet was genuine. Would be kind of tough to think that you were this close to quadrupling your income (at least).

sg207

Post by sg207 »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
sg207 wrote:I missed that tweet, but I seem to remember recalling him say before that he wrote the song in Newport, KY.

I heard him say it live, right here in Little Rock. I guess he says that to all the towns. Now I feel cheap.

I heard it on a recorded show I believe, but I don't recall which one. Maybe I'll have to try to find it this weekend.

I may not be remembering it correctly either.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it