YouTube Lessons

The place for discussing how to play the songs. Broken out by album. --

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Buford

Re: YouTube Lessons

Post by Buford »

LastLawson wrote:Hey Buford,

Wondering if you can just tab out the main riff for Mercy Buckets until the videos are up. I've been trying all night to nail the bugger, but all I know is that it starts with a D chord :oops:

Tuning (low to high): DGCFAD

Start with the D chord. Then slide the whole D chord shape up 2 frets. Next, pluck the C string (D string in standard tuning) on the 4th fret (I use the pointer finger), then hammer on the 5th fret (I use the middle finger). Make sure to leave your ring finger pressing down the A string (B string in standard tuning) on the 5th fret. You should now have the C and A strings (D and B strings in standard tuning) pressed down on the 5th fret. Last, strum and then return to the D chord.

I'm not sure how to tell you the rhythm to strum. Listen to the song and work on the rhythm. You should pick it up easily. I learned to play it acoustic by watching the YouTube video of Patterson Hood singing at one of his friends wedding.

I hope this helps. Maybe I'll get back to posting more videos soon.

Immunogoblin

Re: YouTube Lessons

Post by Immunogoblin »

Buford, you are awesome! I'm a VERY beginner guitar player but I can eek my way through "Tornadoes" now thanks to you. Also, please take this in the spirit it's intended: you are seriously adorable and my bf and I love the way you say "bird finger." We say "bird finger" all the time now.