Everybody Needs Love

The place for discussing how to play the songs. Broken out by album. --

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mike28212

Everybody Needs Love

Post by mike28212 »

I was messing around on the guitar the other day and think I might have chords to this one. My ear is terrible though so I could be missing some things. I also watched that video of Patterson acoustic outside a store to try see what he was playing. Any corrections would be appreciated. I've never done this before (post what I thought were the chords to a song so be patient ha)

I think the verse is
D C#D bmin G D (thanks to TC)

and the chrous is maybe
D A G D

thoughts?? insults? lol
Last edited by mike28212 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed."

Iowan

Re: Everybody Needs Love

Post by Iowan »

I haven't played it next to the track to see if it's actually right, but this sounds really good. Remember that all of those chords are DBT style where you leave your fingers on the B and high E string at the 3rd fret through every change.

Down 1 step (standard DBT tuning)

Intro:
G D/F# Em C D G

G D/F# Em C D G
Moon beams we can dream on, at the setting of the sun
G D/F# Em C D G
And the stars we can wish upon, when the working man is done
G D/F# Em C D G
Sunsets we could cry over, have our trouble's on the run
G D/F# Em C D G
But more than these miracles above, good people, we need love
G D
Everybody needs the love, love, love
C G
G D
C G
Just like they need the sun and moon and stars above

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I had the chords all spaced out properly to where the chord changes in relation to the song, and when I entered the post it scrunched it all up. Hopefully you should be able to figure out when to change chords.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

mike28212 wrote:I was messing around on the guitar the other day and think I might have chords to this one. My ear is terrible though so I could be missing some things. I also watched that video of Patterson acoustic outside a store to try see what he was playing. Any corrections would be appreciated. I've never done this before (post what I thought were the chords to a song so be patient ha)

I think the verse is
D C#D bmin G

and the chrous is maybe
D A G D

thoughts?? insults? lol

this is pretty close although the verse finishes on the D but with a little riff. If you look at the acoustic version from the GGB episodes it's pretty easy to see what Patterson is doing.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

mike28212

Post by mike28212 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
mike28212 wrote:I was messing around on the guitar the other day and think I might have chords to this one. My ear is terrible though so I could be missing some things. I also watched that video of Patterson acoustic outside a store to try see what he was playing. Any corrections would be appreciated. I've never done this before (post what I thought were the chords to a song so be patient ha)

I think the verse is
D C#D bmin G

and the chrous is maybe
D A G D

thoughts?? insults? lol

this is pretty close although the verse finishes on the D but with a little riff. If you look at the acoustic version from the GGB episodes it's pretty easy to see what Patterson is doing.

I don't know why I left off the D in the verse. And totally spaced on watching the GGB episodes again. thanks for the reminder. I went back and added that.
"I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed."

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

After playing Mike's version with the song, it's definitely right. Yet for some reason, when I play and sing mine, it sounds REALLY good, despite being a totally different arrangement. Just fits my voice.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

I always fumble up the D to C#d chord to the Bm. Especially when I'm singing. Now I play it in standard tuning. Sounds the same to me.

verses
C - little walk down to B then Am- F - G - C

chorus
C - G - F - C

Buford

Post by Buford »