RIP Mojo Nixon

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

RIP Mojo Nixon

Post by pearlbeer »

I’m just so sad. More tomorrow, but he had a heart attack and died on the Outlaw Cruise. Played last night.

Damn. I’m really gonna miss that guy. One of a kind, and just a nice guy too.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Re: RIP Mojo Nixon

Post by chuckrh »

Clams

Post by Clams »

Bummer. Haven't listened to him much in the last few years since I don't have XM Sirius but I always enjoyed him when I did have it
If you don't run you rust

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/08/arts ... ticleShare

Shane…Jimmy…Mojo. Too much.

For the past forever, I’ve been going to Mojo’s Mayhem, a showcase at Sxsw. It starts at 8:30am with a polka band on the street followed by Mojo coming out of his hotel room across the street buck naked. One of the best shows of the year, every year. I talked with Mojo a number of times and know a couple of the guys in his band. He was one of a kind. All energy, fun and fuck it. Although I’m sad, sounds like he went out with style - a bad ass show, closed the bar and took a long nap. He joins Col Bruce Hampton rocking it to the very end. Hope he and Elvis are floating on a shit house door somewhere, with their peckers tied to their legs.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:28 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/08/arts ... ticleShare

Shane…Jimmy…Mojo. Too much.

For the past forever, I’ve been going to Mojo’s Mayhem, a showcase at Sxsw. It starts at 8:30am with a polka band on the street followed by Mojo coming out of his hotel room across the street buck naked. One of the best shows of the year, every year. I talked with Mojo a number of times and know a couple of the guys in his band. He was one of a kind. All energy, fun and fuck it. Although I’m sad, sounds like he went out with style - a bad ass show, closed the bar and took a long nap. He joins Col Bruce Hampton rocking it to the very end. Hope he and Elvis are floating on a shit house door somewhere, with their peckers tied to their legs.
& racing go karts with Country Dick Montana. :cry: