Has It Really Come to This?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Has It Really Come to This?

Post by beantownbubba »

Apparently the new Democratic Party message to voters is "you may hate us, but the other guys will be worse." If that's the best they can do, they deserve to have their asses handed to them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_desperate_democrats
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Penny Lane

Re: Has It Really Come to This?

Post by Penny Lane »

The best thing the Dems have going for them is the Tea Party.
Otherwise, as usual, they have no good ideas or cohesion...they continually beat themselves.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Not to be argumentative bubba, but we've seen the lesser of two evils before.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

I'm a small business owning, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, pro 2nd Ammendment, environmental conservationist who supports legalization.

Which party is right for me?
Not forever, just for now.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Fool No Where wrote:Not to be argumentative bubba, but we've seen the lesser of two evils before.

Too often, sir, too often. But I do not believe we've ever seen one of the parties adopt "the lesser of 2 evils" as a campaign slogan before, and consider it to be the best reason to vote for them.

scotto

Post by scotto »

'Scratch wrote:I'm a small business owning, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, pro 2nd Ammendment, environmental conservationist who supports legalization.

I think you need to move to Europe.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

beantownbubba wrote:Apparently the new Democratic Party message to voters is "you may hate us, but the other guys will be worse." If that's the best they can do, they deserve to have their asses handed to them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_desperate_democrats

I agree, but have you seen the lunatics the Repub's have been pulling out lately? Deserved or not, I hope they come thru as much as possible.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

scotto wrote:
'Scratch wrote:I'm a small business owning, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, pro 2nd Ammendment, environmental conservationist who supports legalization.

I think you need to move to Europe.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm partial to the whole rebel against authority, bill of rights thing. And I love this country despite the political morass we're in.
Not forever, just for now.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

W/ no evidence but my gut, I believe you've described something close to the majority position (or at least an electorally significant plurality) in this country. So why cant we get a politician, much less a party, to represent that point of view? It's totally bizarre to me.

BTW, it seems that Bill Clinton, at least, is not too happy w/ the lesser of 2 evils strategy. In a very rare move for an ex President, he is urging Obama specifically and the Dems generally to get out there and explain what they've done, what they're doing and what they want to do. Gee, what a concept. http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... your-plans

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

The older Bill Clinton gets, the more I like him.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This one's for you, Scratch: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/29/ ... tml?hpt=C1

The "militant middle." Gotta love it! I'm wondering whether i can combine the rally w/ a side trip to richmond hehehe.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fool No Where wrote:Not to be argumentative bubba, but we've seen the lesser of two evils before.

Too often, sir, too often. But I do not believe we've ever seen one of the parties adopt "the lesser of 2 evils" as a campaign slogan before, and consider it to be the best reason to vote for them.

Really? That's the reason 99.9999% of people I ask give me when I push for 3rd party voting.

We've been voting the lesser of 2 evils in office for decades.....if anything, the dems should be applauded for being the first group of politicians to actually tell the truth.

Fuck the dems and reps....nobody in either party gives a rats ass about the 'common folk'

That is all.

:D
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cotter wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Really? That's the reason 99.9999% of people I ask give me when I push for 3rd party voting.

We've been voting the lesser of 2 evils in office for decades.....if anything, the dems should be applauded for being the first group of politicians to actually tell the truth.

Fuck the dems and reps....nobody in either party gives a rats ass about the 'common folk'

That is all.

:D

Ummmm, Cotter? I know, i just KNOW, that you really can read, can't you? :lol: The point of the convo you're commenting on is "yes, there's almost always been a lesser of 2 evils choice but this is the first time one of the parties is adopting that as a campaing strategy." The article i just posted the link for is all about the very subject of the 2 parties not being reflective of "real people" or, in fact, the majority.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

lol beaner...I didn't read the link, just gleaned what I could off a quick scan of the contents of the thread.

Perhaps I should clarify. EVERY freakin election that happens, I hear people saying "well, of course neither party is all that good, but I'm going to vote for the lesser of 2 evils".

The fact the dems are using that as a slogan isn't surprising, b/c that's how 98% of them get elected into office in the first place.

Been like that for a long time. Now, it seems that the one time a political party comes out tells the truth, they're being lambasted, yet their contigency that voted for them readily offers up that excuse as a reason to NOT vote for 3rd parties.

Well, that probably didn't counter-point your comment as I just (again) gleaned what I could off a quick scan of your post.

I've never voted for a president or governor from either party, EVER. I never will knowingly vote for evil, no matter how 'lesser' it is.

Anyway, have a nice day beaner, I'm headin home...enough harley's have been souped up today... :mrgreen:
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I thought u could never soup up enough harleys? :D

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The problem is that there aren't 2 parties anymore. Both parties are in the pockets of the rich, and the country is being defined more by class warfare than right vs. left
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Both and all parties are nucking futs.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

When you find out can you let me know?