From the Sublime to the Ridiculous

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous

Post by beantownbubba »

The World Cup final may not have been an artistic masterpiece (France didn't play well for all the first and a good part of the second half) but it was exciting as hell and featured great players playing great at the biggest moments. Fantastic stuff. People who know are calling it "epic" and "the greatest World Cup final ever" and I see no reason to think they're wrong.

A few hours later I was watching the Patriots make what may well have been the worst play in the history of the game. I have seen it called "unfathomable," "shocking," "perhaps the worst play in NFL history," definitively the worst play in Patriots history and more and, once again, I see no reason to argue. "They" say that the reason we keep watching the games is that we never know when we're going to see something we've never seen before but I don't think they had this kind of play in mind when they said that. LOL. That's about all one can do.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Re: From the Sublime to the Ridiculous

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:29 am
The World Cup final may not have been an artistic masterpiece (France didn't play well for all the first and a good part of the second half) but it was exciting as hell and featured great players playing great at the biggest moments. Fantastic stuff. People who know are calling it "epic" and "the greatest World Cup final ever" and I see no reason to think they're wrong.

A few hours later I was watching the Patriots make what may well have been the worst play in the history of the game. I have seen it called "unfathomable," "shocking," "perhaps the worst play in NFL history," definitively the worst play in Patriots history and more and, once again, I see no reason to argue. "They" say that the reason we keep watching the games is that we never know when we're going to see something we've never seen before but I don't think they had this kind of play in mind when they said that. LOL. That's about all one can do.
I'm not huge on soccer but the WC final was pretty good. I really hate when they end on the penalty kick shootout though. They should play the extra period & if it's still a draw add sudden death periods until it's decided. That play in the NE game was pretty amazing. I'm rooting for Detroit now. Those fans have suffered a long time. I want my Seahawks to lose out. Right now we own picks 3 & 15 in the first & second rounds. I think we've seen that Geno Smith isn't the answer @ QB & should take one of the top QBs in the draft. It's not often we have the chance to pick that high. If they have to let Geno walk, so be it. He's not worth the over $30 million franchise tag. Thank God the team didn't jump the gun & sign him long term. I want Denver to lose out, too. The Russell Wilson trade looks like it may be one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history. Kudos to the Hawks for figuring out that Wilson is past his peak & didn't justify $50 million a year. Hard to build a team when 1 player takes so much of the salary cap.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

As a Bears fan, I would really like Denver to win a couple more games to ensure that Chicago gets the #2 pick
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Zip City wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:31 pm
As a Bears fan, I would really like Denver to win a couple more games to ensure that Chicago gets the #2 pick
I'll be happy if we get the #2 QB. Seems like Houston is a lock to take the first one. Da Bears need to build around Fields. He seems like a keeper.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

chuckrh wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:01 pm
Zip City wrote:
I'll be happy if we get the #2 QB. Seems like Houston is a lock to take the first one. Da Bears need to build around Fields. He seems like a keeper.
Bears will either take an edge rusher or trade down for a treasure chest of picks
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip City wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:49 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:01 pm
Zip City wrote:
Bears will either take an edge rusher or trade down for a treasure chest of picks
I was pretty impressed with Fields after watching the eagles game the other day. He needs some good receivers to take some of the pressure off though.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck