Freakin' Airlines

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Freakin' Airlines

Post by beantownbubba »

I know this is happening to everyone but this time it happened to me. My flight got canceled after I was already at the airport. It was a cloudless clear blue sky day. Instead of my direct flight from Palm Beach to Boston today, JetBlue offered me Miami to JFK to Worcester tomorrow.

As has no doubt been said millions of times in the past few months, the airlines took billions from the taxpayers when they were in trouble and have turned around and are fucking over those taxpayers w/ incredibly high fares, reduced service and all kinds of built in uncertainty and frustration while making record profits. It's a fucking outrage.

Anyway, I'm still in Florida and will have to figure my own way home eventually.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

Re: Freakin' Airlines

Post by cortez the killer »

The switch from freakin' in the thread title to fucking in the post illustrates the simmer to boil you must be experiencing, bubs. Hope you make it home safely soon.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Ya, deregulating the airlines was such a great move. Hope you make it home ok & soon, bubba.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks, guys. I'll be heading home on Sunday early morning (which I hate) because that was the first direct flight I could get and it's about half the price of the one at a more convenient time. I suppose I can't complain about saving money (although of course I'm already spending more than the savings just by being in FL for 3 extra days) but this was just one more example of how insanely high airline tickets are right now. I used to pay less to fly during high (i.e. winter) season.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Yep, happened to me back in May. Flight from Columbus to NYC was canceled, and the soonest they could book me was a time when I would have missed half of the events for which I had tickets. My 90 minute flight turned into an 11 hour car trip.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

I had surprisingly next to no issues flying 7/3 or 7/10, aside from being about 90% sure I caught covid on my last flight on shitty Allegiant.

So fuck the airlines for lobbying to get the mask mandates on flights/in airports lifted, especially since there is no requirement them to back up their nonsense claims about how often the air is cycled. And fuck the judge who ruled the mandate unlawful and the administration for putting zero effort into appealing it.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?