Kindness. Give Some.

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Kindness. Give Some.

Post by beantownbubba »

In 2016, I did something nice for an older mother and daughter I had just met in a local sandwich shop. The details are unimportant. It took me less than 30 seconds and cost me exactly $5. Even way back then, $5 was not exactly a big spend.

Today I met those same two women in the same place. The older one is pretty old (almost exactly the same age as my mother in fact) and the younger one is no spring chicken (about my age I'd guess). They recognized me immediately and couldn't stop talking about what I had done back then. In fact, it was the daughter who remembered the original year.

The impact to effort ratio was clearly sky high and the satisfaction level is quite high, especially appropriate on 420. It doesn't have to be a big thing and it doesn't have to be often, but the occasional gesture has a disproportionate impact on the worldwide happiness quotient.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Re: Kindness. Give Some.

Post by Flea »

I did not bitch slap (should that be retitled "Will slap"?) the Karen at the grocery store today arguing over a 50 cent price discrepancy between the shelf label and the register, I merely fished 2 quarters out of my pocket and gave them to the cashier with a glare directed toward the offender. Does that count?
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 pm
I did not bitch slap (should that be retitled "Will slap"?) the Karen at the grocery store today arguing over a 50 cent price discrepancy between the shelf label and the register, I merely fished 2 quarters out of my pocket and gave them to the cashier with a glare directed toward the offender. Does that count?
Yes counts 100%, you helped out the cashier
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:05 pm
Flea wrote:
Agree, but only if that was your intent.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 am
Clams wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:05 pm
Flea wrote:
Agree, but only if that was your intent.
My intent was to get things moving.
Now it's dark.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Flea wrote:
It wouldn't have counted in the 'Bitch Slap. Give Some.' thread.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM