A special thank you

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TDB

A special thank you

Post by TDB »

Hello, HeAthens,

Not only did I have a wonderful time in Athens for Homecoming 2022, but I got a little work done, too.
By "work", I mean promoting my latest literary accomplishment. Yes folks, I wrote ANOTHER BOOK!!! A NEW book!

No, it is not ALL about Drive-By Truckers, but they get a mention. As does, Jason Isbell, Two Cow Garage, and MANY more!

It's called "TICKET STUBS / Volume I: AC-DC to ZZ TOP" and it is a compilation of personal concert stories from age 8 to the present day.
It contains tall tales about all the GREATEST BANDS that I have ever seen and some shows that are just amusing in their own right.
I took all the pictures myself. Most of the concerts have the actual ticket stub at the top of the page. This is a true "passion project."

That said, I would like to sincerely THANK those kind folks willing to shell out a couple extra bucks in order to support my writing. It meant the world to me. I can't name EVERYONE who bought a copy, because many of them were total strangers. As for the DBT "Community": I would like to extend a gracious gratitude to Jeff from NY, Aimee from Iowa, World Wide Bill, Mark and Tom at Cine', Patterson's God-daughter, and JAY GONZALEZ for buying a copy!!! I also gave a freebie to Drew Morgan (comedian), Barr Weissman (Director of "Secret to a Happy Ending"), Stephen Deusner (Author of "Where The Devil Don't Stay"), David Barbe, and gave ONE of the only HARDCOVER copies ever made to Patterson. I'm keeping the other.

If anyone still wants a copy, I have FOUR b/w copies left. If you want a color version, let me know and I will print more.

(BTW...I put HALF of what I made that weekend in the tip jar at Nuci's Space, gave Jeff's $20 to a homeless guy and dropped over $100 on merch)

This was NOT about making a buck. It was about getting my "artistic voice" out to as many people as possible. Ok, and covering some gas money.

Honestly, THANK YOU to everyone who has supported my writing all these years! Whether you got a copy of "Ticket Stubs: Volume V (Part 1 & 2) over TEN YEARS AGO or you picked up "Ticket Stubs: Volume I / AC/DC to ZZ TOP" last weekend in Athens, God bless you! It is sincerely appreciated.

"Rev" Todd Baker

P.S. I have four b/w copies left from the weekend. I take Venmo and Paypal
Last edited by TDB on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

cortez the killer

Re: A special thank you

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

cortez the killer wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:30 pm
I have the opposite reaction. This is the least surprising post of all time
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

TDB

Post by TDB »

Gosh, I don't recall seeing EITHER of you in Athens last weekend. I'm sorry you missed out on enjoying such a good time.
I'm sure you had MUCH better things to do :0)
Last edited by TDB on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

TDB wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 am
Gosh, I don't recall seeing EITHER of you in Athens last weekend. I'm sorry you missed out on enjoying such a good time.
I'm sure you had MUCH better things to do :0)

I did, actually. I have a job with calendar-specific responsibilities.

This isn’t the sick burn that you thought it was in your head.
Last edited by Zip City on Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:33 am
suck burn
hate when that happens.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

dime in the gutter wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 am
Zip City wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:33 am
suck burn
hate when that happens.
We’ve all been there

TDB

Post by TDB »

No "burn" intended Zipperhead. I just know you rarely leave your shithole town in Ohio...because you have such "great responsibilities".
Face it, you have NEVER been to a homecoming because you are a joyless buzzkill and always have been. Again, not an insult, just the truth.
Peace out, bitches.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

TDB wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:16 pm
No "burn" intended Zipperhead. I just know you rarely leave your shithole town in Ohio...because you have such "great responsibilities".
Face it, you have NEVER been to a homecoming because you are a joyless buzzkill and always have been. Again, not an insult, just the truth.
Peace out, bitches.
I would love to go to homecoming. I just happen to have a career that doesn't let me get away. I'm sure being a 55 year old guy who bounces between part time jobs while crashing on people's couches is the good life, but some of us have to make actual life decisions.

Not an insult, you know, just the truth.

TDB

Post by TDB »

Well, most of my friends have guest rooms now. And yes, it IS nice having friends all over America who welcome me into their homes ANY time.
As for my part-time job...you nailed it. It's a dream. I wake up somewhere between noon and 2, work from 3-9 or so, and make enough money to
go to Mardi Gras, Columbus for Two Cow Garage, Four nights in Athens and have plenty left over for "the next greatest concert ever". Oh yeah, and I can smoke any time I choose. That is a bonus. But, you do you, buddy. I'm sure it's very important work you do. We all make our own choices in life. Personally, I've always wondered when I am lying on my deathbed would I say to myself, "Gosh, I'm glad I worked so hard. Or....gosh I'm glad I ENJOYED MY LIFE and WENT TO THE SHOW." Then again, every decision you make in life leads you to EXACTLY where you are right now. The real question is, are you happy with your decisions? I am.

TDB

Post by TDB »

BTW...I just turned 53, dickhead :0)

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »