Blessedcurse Beware

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Blessedcurse Beware

Post by beantownbubba »

The bucolic life you know is about to end now that the NYT has run a feature article on Nova Scotia real estate. Think Brooklyn with snow, or the Berkshires w/ a shoreline.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/02/real ... 029039208a
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Re: Blessedcurse Beware

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:02 pm
The bucolic life you know is about to end now that the NYT has run a feature article on Nova Scotia real estate. Think Brooklyn with snow, or the Berkshires w/ a shoreline.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/02/real ... 029039208a
God help us! I was thinking about moving up there if Trump gets back in or Nikki Haley (maybe even worse).

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

I had a vacation booked there for July 2020. Cancelled due to the pandemic. Perhaps someday.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Yeah, there's a buzz in the air. Even the walls of my mostly rural existence are closing in. Still lots of wide open spaces (and places to hide from the onslaught of 'come from aways'...lol), but the shoreline is getting bought up. Come on by y'all!
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

My grandfather was from there. His brother is a local legend, last merchant on the east coast of North America who sailed from Halifax/Boston, to the Caribbean using solely wind power. Made many runs during WWII, and possibly the only merchant never stalked by German subs, because of no noise generated from an engine. My grandfather moved to Boston in early 1900's where my mother was born, but he died when she was 4 months old in 1929. 1/4 of my gene pool is in NS. Got to make it there some day. (My guess is he was running liquor during prohibition, but I have no evidence, just kinda logical)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

oilpiers wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:45 am
(My guess is he was running liquor during prohibition, but I have no evidence, just kinda logical)
Seems like a pretty good bet.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard