NBA 09-10

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Gator McKlusky

Re: NBA 09-10

Post by Gator McKlusky »

You tell him UTHeathen! That sweep in 97 was awesome especially since Shaq and Kobe were expected to sweep the Jazz.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

It was nice watching the Fakers get b##ch slapped last night!

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

I forgot they were not done with the Suns yet--Go Los Suns!!!
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:

Neighbor & i were speculating yesterday about how often we'll see this clip during the remainder of our lives. The over/under was in the high 3 figures; it became more a question of life expectancy than about the likelihood of this joining fisk's homer, bobby orr's "flying goal" and the other iconic moments in the eternal video loop.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

beantownbubba wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:

Neighbor & i were speculating yesterday about how often we'll see this clip during the remainder of our lives. The over/under was in the high 3 figures; it became more a question of life expectancy than about the likelihood of this joining fisk's homer, bobby orr's "flying goal" and the other iconic moments in the eternal video loop.

Should Boston win it all this year, I think this may be up there with Havlicek/Bird stole the ball. Rondo's play is a much more impressive individual feat, but the ball steals directly won or sealed pivotal games.

R.I.P. Johnny Most.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Johnny would be having an absolute blast w/ this team, though i'm not sure anyone along the way thus far has been villainous enough to provoke his best efforts. Wouldn't be a problem w/ the (presumably) Lakers.

cortez the killer

beantownbubba wrote:Johnny would be having an absolute blast w/ this team, though i'm not sure anyone along the way thus far has been villainous enough to provoke his best efforts. Wouldn't be a problem w/ the (presumably) Lakers.

He would have hated LBJ. And Dwight Howard would've been public enemy #1 for that flagrant foul on The Truth.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Johnny would be having an absolute blast w/ this team, though i'm not sure anyone along the way thus far has been villainous enough to provoke his best efforts. Wouldn't be a problem w/ the (presumably) Lakers.

He would have hated LBJ. And Dwight Howard would've been public enemy #1 for that flagrant foul on The Truth.

True, but LBJ is just not hatable in the way of say, a Laimbeer. And I'd have to say that one of Howard's problems is just how un-hatable he is. I thought the "flagrant" was by Barnes (?) but even if it was Howard, sure Most could and would have done a classic freak out, but it would have been about the "event" not the guy (i think, anyway).

cortez the killer

beantownbubba wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:

True, but LBJ is just not hatable in the way of say, a Laimbeer. And I'd have to say that one of Howard's problems is just how un-hatable he is. I thought the "flagrant" was by Barnes (?) but even if it was Howard, sure Most could and would have done a classic freak out, but it would have been about the "event" not the guy (i think, anyway).

LBJ is somewhat of a whiny bitch and Johnny hated whiners. Well, he hated all whiners that did not wear kelly green. Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, and the rest of those "Bad Boys" were they biggest collection of villains the NBA has seen. Hard to find any team that could present a better cast for Johnny to tear into.

Dwight laid a take down on Pierce in game one. That was called a flagrant. Barnes checked Garnett from behind in game three. That wasn't (but should have been) called a flagrant.
- DPM

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

that rondo dive gives me goosebumps...i woke up my 2 daughters when that happened on saturday night...i knew i was watching a special game! let's hope we can end this series tonight! by the way...have you guys seen this clip of Jason Williams after the game the other night? I always hated this guy....this video makes the hate stronger!

not getting the youtube links to work...here's the url:
Last edited by cgoodwin on Mon May 24, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cortez the killer

I'm not getting the irony.
- DPM

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

Zip City wrote:the irony is that from the outside looking at Boston, the current Celtics are one of the biggest groups of douchebags in recent NBA memory. Sheed is a prick, Rondo can play dirty (remember him throwing Kirk Hinrich into the scorer's table in last year's playoffs?), Pierce whines and fakes injuries, and Garnett runs his stupid mouth, even when he's in street clothes on the bench.

I'm sure all you Celtics fans are enjoying your run, but the Celtics are a pretty unlikeable team to most outside of Boston

now THIS is funny...gimme a fuckin' break.

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

Zip City wrote:
cgoodwin wrote:
Zip City wrote:the irony is that from the outside looking at Boston, the current Celtics are one of the biggest groups of douchebags in recent NBA memory. Sheed is a prick, Rondo can play dirty (remember him throwing Kirk Hinrich into the scorer's table in last year's playoffs?), Pierce whines and fakes injuries, and Garnett runs his stupid mouth, even when he's in street clothes on the bench.

I'm sure all you Celtics fans are enjoying your run, but the Celtics are a pretty unlikeable team to most outside of Boston

now THIS is funny...gimme a fuckin' break.

it's all perception. having my team play the Celtics in a 7 game series last year, I saw a lot of ugliness from the boys in green

cortez the killer wrote:I'm not getting the irony.

It's simple: your favorite team is full of the type of players that you (and your revered play-by-play man) would hate if they were on any other team

give me all the 'ugliness' you saw when my celtics beat our bulls last year? ...and don't list the endless 3 pointers that Ray Ray hit in the finals seconds.

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

rondo is FAAAAR from a dirty player...you get a 7 game series like that was last year...perhaps the best playoff series in the history of the NBA (IMO)...sparks were flying...it was an INTENSE series. Garnett is Garnett...he's always been that type of player...and yes, sometimes he's a little too intense out there but that's his style of play, and i wouldn't call it dirty. Check out some of the old Detroit Pistons for 'dirty'...and as far as Pierce's injury is concerned, i really don't think he 'faked it'...i think he was was more scared at first that something serious had happened. it is game 1 of the NBA finals and he goes down hard and hears a pop and some pain and freaked out a little. You can't hate on the guy because his injury wasn't as bad as he initially thought...

i know a lot of people who aren't Celtics fans who are routing for them because they like the style the team plays...hard nose defense and very unselfish basketball. try thinking about it that way instead of just being bitter that the C's pulled out that classic series last year! :D

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

Zip City wrote:
cgoodwin wrote:rondo is FAAAAR from a dirty player...you get a 7 game series like that was last year...perhaps the best playoff series in the history of the NBA (IMO)...sparks were flying...it was an INTENSE series. Garnett is Garnett...he's always been that type of player...and yes, sometimes he's a little too intense out there but that's his style of play, and i wouldn't call it dirty. Check out some of the old Detroit Pistons for 'dirty'...and as far as Pierce's injury is concerned, i really don't think he 'faked it'...i think he was was more scared at first that something serious had happened. it is game 1 of the NBA finals and he goes down hard and hears a pop and some pain and freaked out a little. You can't hate on the guy because his injury wasn't as bad as he initially thought...

i know a lot of people who aren't Celtics fans who are routing for them because they like the style the team plays...hard nose defense and very unselfish basketball. try thinking about it that way instead of just being bitter that the C's pulled out that classic series last year! :D

I'm not bitter.....the Celtics were clearly the better team. I went into that series expecting to get swept, but instead was handed a gift-wrapped 7-game (3 with OT) series that was amazing.

i'm just messing with you...it was indeed a fun series. so many twists and turns...i still have a few of the games saved on my DVR. that triple OT game was perhaps the best ever!

cortez the killer

If you want to randomly come into a thread and start shitting all over it, at least have your information straight and know what you are talking about. To insinuate the 2008-2010 Celtics are dirty or anywhere near like what those late 80's/early 90's is just plain ignorant. Garnett's behavior can be boorish from time to time and Sheed is no choir boy (although he really hasn't done anything terrible wearing the green, so it's really not fair or legit to hang his past, non-Celtics behavior on the present squad), but to compare the 2010 Celtics to the Pistons "Bad Boys" is simply laughable. You can hate on The Celts all you want Zip, and apparently you do and will, but the points you are attempting to make are way off base.

And as far as Johnny Most goes, the dude was the biggest homer in the history of sportscasting. To know, understand, and love the man was to grow up listening to him in Boston in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. He was entirely irrational, but fiercely loyal to The Celtics and the city of Boston. And if you were a Celtics fan, you found him to be absolutely hysterical. They broke the mold where they created Johnny Most. I miss him. A voice from my childhood who I didn't fully appreciate till he was gone. :(
- DPM

cortez the killer

Zip City wrote:I do think it's interesting how one man's "he plays with intensity" is another's "he's a loud mouthed, trash talking punk" :D

Of course, my team has one of those "love him on your team, but everyone else hates him" players in Joakim Noah

Scrappy, annoying player, but very effective. A more apt comparison would be Dennis Rodman instead of Kevin Garnett.
- DPM

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

Zip City wrote:I do think it's interesting how one man's "he plays with intensity" is another's "he's a loud mouthed, trash talking punk" :D

Of course, my team has one of those "love him on your team, but everyone else hates him" players in Joakim Noah

i like Noah...even though he did call KG a dirty player! i like guys like Noah and Varejao who do the dirty work.

on another note, Mike Brown was fired today. I'm surprised they didn't wait until LBJ decides where he wants to go...unless James just didn't like Brown.

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

cortez the killer wrote:If you want to randomly come into a thread and start shitting all over it, at least have your information straight and know what you are talking about. To insinuate the 2008-2010 Celtics are dirty or anywhere near like what those late 80's/early 90's is just plain ignorant. Garnett's behavior can be boorish from time to time and Sheed is no choir boy (although he really hasn't done anything terrible wearing the green, so it's really not fair or legit to hang his past, non-Celtics behavior on the present squad), but to compare the 2010 Celtics to the Pistons "Bad Boys" is simply laughable. You can hate on The Celts all you want Zip, and apparently you do and will, but the points you are attempting to make are way off base.

And as far as Johnny Most goes, the dude was the biggest homer in the history of sportscasting. To know, understand, and love the man was to grow up listening to him in Boston in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. He was entirely irrational, but fiercely loyal to The Celtics and the city of Boston. And if you were a Celtics fan, you found him to be absolutely hysterical. They broke the mold where they created Johnny Most. I miss him. A voice from my childhood who I didn't fully appreciate till he was gone. :(

I know a bigger homer...his name is Tommy Heinsohn!!! I LOVE WALLLLTA!!!

cortez the killer

cgoodwin wrote: on another note, Mike Brown was fired today. I'm surprised they didn't wait until LBJ decides where he wants to go...unless James just didn't like Brown.

It's looking like that might be the case. I'm sure it will all come out at some point.
- DPM

cortez the killer

cgoodwin wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:If you want to randomly come into a thread and start shitting all over it, at least have your information straight and know what you are talking about. To insinuate the 2008-2010 Celtics are dirty or anywhere near like what those late 80's/early 90's is just plain ignorant. Garnett's behavior can be boorish from time to time and Sheed is no choir boy (although he really hasn't done anything terrible wearing the green, so it's really not fair or legit to hang his past, non-Celtics behavior on the present squad), but to compare the 2010 Celtics to the Pistons "Bad Boys" is simply laughable. You can hate on The Celts all you want Zip, and apparently you do and will, but the points you are attempting to make are way off base.

Tommy is up there, but not even near Johnny when it comes to bias.
- DPM

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

cortez the killer wrote:
cgoodwin wrote:

Tommy is up there, but not even near Johnny when it comes to bias.

Yeah, i grew up and live in Maryland, so i never listened to Johnny Most...but, god i wish i would have had the opportunity! I have the NBA ticket and watched pretty much every Celtic regular season game the last few years...i personally never heard a bigger homer than Tommy. But, of course i love it!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:Dwight laid a take down on Pierce in game one. That was called a flagrant. Barnes checked Garnett from behind in game three. That wasn't (but should have been) called a flagrant.

Oh, right. You said "The Truth." My bad. Good thing johnny wasn't here to see it.

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

beantownbubba wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:Dwight laid a take down on Pierce in game one. That was called a flagrant. Barnes checked Garnett from behind in game three. That wasn't (but should have been) called a flagrant.

Oh, right. You said "The Truth." My bad. Good thing johnny wasn't here to see it.

Yeah, thank god Rondo didn't roll on Williams legs when he went after that loose ball or they would have called Rondo an even dirtier player!

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

geaux tigers.

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin »

perhaps my favorite photo of all time...i need to get this on a t-shirt.

cortez the killer

Some classic Most:

Do you think Johnny was a smoker? :lol:
- DPM

cortez the killer

Zip City wrote:I don't recall making a direct comparison between the Celtics and the Bad Boys of the Pistons. I'm just saying that an announcer who dislikes whiners and loud mouths probably wouldn't like this Celtics team

Another miss.
- DPM

cortez the killer

Zip City wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:
Zip City wrote:I don't recall making a direct comparison between the Celtics and the Bad Boys of the Pistons. I'm just saying that an announcer who dislikes whiners and loud mouths probably wouldn't like this Celtics team

Another miss.

I don't expect you to be objective about it.

It has nothing to do with objectivity. It has to do with having a firm handle on what you are arguing about. You do not know who Johnny Most was, yet you want to engage in a debate about what he would or would not do. I'm not one to back away from a debate or argument, but I at least try to pick my battles based on having some understanding about what I am arguing about. You, on the other hand, strike me as someone who will argue just for the sake of arguing.
- DPM